• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

TheFlow

Banned
Aquaman is going to be a badass in the film universe and arguably has one of the best runs in the New 52. Also he got a animated movie, yeah he got his due.

Numb

Aquaman is going to be a badass in the film universe and arguably has one of the best runs in the New 52. Also he got a animated movie, yeah he got his due.

That new animated Aquaman movie was one of the worst things i've seen in a while.

Slayven

Aquaman could be the baddest dude on film, but that won't stop the millions that think "don't he just talk to fish".

And Jason Mamoa is a garbage actor. Best thing to happen to marvel when he passed on Drax

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah the current Aquaman issues suck, and how is Jason Mamoa a bad actor when his whole movie career of speaking lines can be fitted on one page.

That new animated Aquaman movie was one of the worst things i've seen in a while.
haven't watched it, but at least he is getting some exposure, can't say the same for animal man :<

edit: yah got me out here double posting and quoting myself by accident, I apologize.

The new Yakuza game hasn't been getting much buzz on here. I just happened to look on Gamespot and saw their review.

Ahh, shit look crazy as hell! That meet and greet mini game though. Looks like one of them types I'd have a blast playing. It is definitely on my to play list.

shagia

I finished signing my papers for my first job!! I'm getting a paid internship at the interactive division of a non-profit media outlet!
although it feels nice to know that I'm getting a chance at a paid internship which seems to be rare judging by the way people stress how many others don't get paid internships, I'm just as happy knowing that someone thought my resume was qualified enough for the spot, too grateful

I also just realized I didn't fill out the questionnaire before making posts, I'm sorry y'all

I finished signing my papers for my first job!! I'm getting a paid internship at the interactive division of a non-profit media outlet!
although it feels nice to know that I'm getting a chance at a paid internship which seems to be rare judging by the way people stress how many others don't get paid internships, I'm just as happy knowing that someone thought my resume was qualified enough for the spot, too grateful

I also just realized I didn't fill out the questionnaire before making posts, I'm sorry y'all

Congratulations on that shit and don't worry about the question thing. I didn't answer it until my third OT in.

Makeda

I make that true, I run an Airbnb service and it gets a bunch of traction from Mainland Chinese and various other races that I don't think it would otherwise get if they realized I'm neither Chinese or White :p

@Blasian Persuasion: I'm a massive fan of Yakuza but as I'm due to be travelling in a week or two I can't sit down and fully play the game, reading that OT here & review is painful :'(

TheFlow

Banned
wish they would give static one more chance, but with a Titans West approach.

Static
aqualad
kid flash
bumble bee
miss martian
terra

have Aqualad as the leader, and boom.

D i Z

Congratulations.

Numb

Congrats and welcome.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
wish they would give static one more chance, but with a Titans West approach.

Static
aqualad
kid flash
bumble bee
miss martian
terra

have Aqualad as the leader, and boom.

..youre gonna have to specify which terra

shagia

Congratulations on that shit and don't worry about the question thing. I didn't answer it until my third OT in.

well i dont really mind doin it, so here it goes

Where you're from -Oakland, CA
Where you live -Oakland
What is your age? -18
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -Black-American, native american traces come from my mother's side
Do you know your roots -Sadly, not all of it
Favorite musical genre -Various, just too much good music
Your profession/major/career interest -Audio engineering maybe, I have a few other thoughts
Your religious affiliation -Agnostic (honestly it's all over the place for me)
Hobbies -Media production, playing good ass video games, laughing
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -One time, I reheated one night old KFC in the oven and was absolutely horrified by it's taste. Did I have that coming to me? Was that really my fault?

And thanks for the congrats and welcomes!

Mizerman

well i dont really mind doin it, so here it goes

Where you're from -Oakland, CA
Where you live -Oakland
What is your age? -18
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -Black-American, native american traces come from my mother's side
Do you know your roots -Sadly, not all of it
Favorite musical genre -Various, just too much good music
Your profession/major/career interest -Audio engineering maybe, I have a few other thoughts
Your religious affiliation -Agnostic (honestly it's all over the place for me)
Hobbies -Media production, playing good ass video games, laughing
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -One time, I reheated one night old KFC in the oven and was absolutely horrified by it's taste. Did I have that coming to me? Was that really my fault?

And thanks for the congrats and welcomes!

Greetings!

TheFlow

Banned
Drake fans out here really begging the Philadelphia DA to send Meek Mill to jail.

Softest fanbase ever.
Can't wait for to drake win the grammy for "Back to Back" which will be a cult classic for decades to come. Surprised he is not on times most influential people or sexiest man of the year award.

edit:he was on time

LionPride

Banned
I honestly need to know how people are convinced DOFP is a good movie. I really don't get it.
Has Arrow improved since i dropped it since the end of the last season?

It and Flash should be improving a lot more since they finished their Legends of Tomorrow tie in episodes, I do like everyone on Arrow better than last season. Felicity isn't annoying anymore so that's great

Top Bottom