• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Had a conversation with a co-worker on the subject of College football players getting compensated for playing. My argument is going to tier one schools is the payment, but her's is the NCAA system should pay them since not everyone goes to the NFL or actually get an education.

Pay em. They wreck their bodies for the entertainment of others and the schools profit from it. Pay em.

RedSwirl

The continuity thing that kinda get's me about X-men is that the world state of X-men 1 doesn't really make sense after the events of First Class, not even counting Days of Future Past. In X-men 1 everybody acts like mutants first appeared like a few years ago, when First Class reveals they became known to the world during the Cuban Missile Crisis. I know DOFP probably fixed that so whatever.

I don't even know what the fuck this Apocalypse guy does.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hope was already dead
by this point in the show. I'm talking about when they
find him in that night club and Kilgrave tries to use his powers and realizes that they still don't work so he sends Luke after her.

She had no reason to pretend at that point. She thinks it's just her and Kilgrave, he gives her an order, she ignores it. At this point she's just going to go kill him. Then Kilgrave reveals the Cage stuff, after he already knows his latest upgrade didn't work.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I haven't played that in forever. I kept trying to make a Wakanda-like advanced civilization that tried to cut itself off from the rest of the world but I would always have to start branching out to avoid getting destroyed.

Ethiopia was real good at turtling with only a few cities, if I remember correctly. You get a combat bonus when you're fighting civilizations that have more cities than you, and your unique unit is a Rifleman replacement that gets a combat bonus when it's near the capital.

PInk Tape

Banned
Yo Slayven

orTTeg2.gif

This is probably my favorite concept that anybody's come up with this year.

jmood88

Ethiopia was real good at turtling with only a few cities, if I remember correctly. You get a combat bonus when you're fighting civilizations that have more cities than you, and your unique unit is a Rifleman replacement that gets a combat bonus when it's near the capital.
Oh shit, I'll have to remember that. I don't remember who I typically used but I don't think I ever went with Ethiopia.

So Abigail Fisher. . what's your opinion on the whole situation?
It's the definition of white privilege. She wasn't good enough to get in but saw some negroes get in, so she whined about it. And despite the fact that 42 white people with grades worse than her for in vs. 5 black and Latino people, black people are, of course, the ones who get demonized. Fuck everyone involved in bringing that case to the Supreme Court and fuck Scalia.

TheFlow

Banned
New x men trailer looks decent, I am sure I will love it. The key to enjoying most comic book movies is not comparing them to the comics

LionPride

Banned
Nope, first class is better than a large amount of marvel movies and watchmen.
OK, first the Drake shit then this? I like First Class, hell I like it more than X2 but it aing better than a large amount of Marvel films or Watchman. That movie is only decent because of McAvoy and Fassbender.

Define "a large amount". Because it's better than the Iron Man and Thor movies, I'll give it that.

how are you gonna call yourself a marvel fan and throw iron man in the bushes. 1 and 3 are like near the top of the list.

this damn thread and their bias against the 6god and the comic movie god. young rap prince drake needs to bless these heathens with views from the six already.

TheFlow

Banned
Iron man 1>both captain movies> ant man> avengers>everything else marvel put out post 2008ish

Days of future past was fucking awesome I think I might put it above first class just because of the action scenes.

The last two x men movies are on par with marvels best if not better.

I gotta give credit where it is due fam. I know some of yah are marvel fanboys but chill lol

D i Z

Apparently the minority

does anybody else like the first punisher movie by marvel. Not the best movie but so entertaining

Which was that, the Dolph Lundgren one, or the Thomas Jane one? I don't remember how much involvement Marvel had with the first.

TheFlow

Banned
Which was that, the Dolph Lundgren one, or the Thomas Jane one? I don't remember how much involvement Marvel had with the first.
Wait they made punisher movies before the John travolta one o_O must watch these now

Edit: blade 1 and 2 are fucking beast. I wouldn't mind them bringing Wesley back for blade TV series

D i Z

Wait they made punisher movies before the John travolta one o_O must watch these now

It's a Dolph Lundgren flick, so that tells you all you need to know about the quality. That and it's usual disqualification from any and all Punisher discussions.

So Abigail Fisher. . what's your opinion on the whole situation?

The Supreme Court may fuck up millions of white women's (and just as many people of color's) chances of getting into college.

Because of a white girl's mediocrity.

It's ironic and fucking despicable at the same damn time.

Numb

Down with more Blade movies. That last one with prison break dracula tho...
Even watched bald Blade tv show lol
NEFRnFHHQ7emJH_1_5.jpg

always mad

shingi70

Banned
I believe that the NCAA should compensate players some way. Not all of em go pro, not all of em succeed, when a player suffers a terrible injury I feel bad knowing that they aint getting paid.

Nah, that's ridiculous. Division 1 college football is a multibillion dollar industry, yet the only people who don't get compensated are the people actually participating in the sport. All this "the scholarship is payment; they get a free education" stuff is nonsense. That year-to-year scholarship costs the school nothing to get away but they get a huge return.

Pay em. They wreck their bodies for the entertainment of others and the schools profit from it. Pay em.

Why shouldn't that free Scholarship be the payment, school is prohibitively expensive (fuck the system). I'd love to transfer to University of Michigan but even with a scholarship its more expansive then nearly every other school in my state. I'd gladly put my body through physical toture for a free ride. Though I guess the Flip side is how many of these players are just passed through and not ready for college or have any time to dedicate to schooling in the first place.

Infinite

The Supreme Court may fuck up millions of white women's (and just as many people of color's) chances of getting into college.

Because of a white girl's mediocrity.

It's ironic and fucking despicable at the same damn time.
You really think her case is strong enough for that to happen?

Why shouldn't that free Scholarship be the payment, school is prohibitively expensive (fuck the system). I'd love to transfer to University of Michigan but even with a scholarship its more expansive then nearly every other school in my state. I'd gladly put my body through physical toture for a free ride. Though I guess the Flip side is how many of these players are just passed through and not ready for college or have any time to dedicate to schooling in the first place.

Nah, you say that, but the physical torture they go through is very real, especially in the high end D1s.

For what they are doing for the school, they should get more than scholarships. Heard too many stories about famous college athletes needing help to pay for food and shit. That shouldn't be the case.

And then of course there's the injuries.

jmood88

Because, those scholarships can be taken away by the coaches at any time for reasons that have nothing to do with school. Like Richard Sherman said, they weren't getting those scholarships to take classes, so they not only have to make sure they do enough to stay eligible, but they also have to make sure they play well enough to not have their scholarship taken away. My cousin played basketball at Howard, lost the scholarship, then had to drop out of school because of it. There's absolutely no reason that a sport where players are making coaches and administrators hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars don't get compensated beyond the bullshit scholarships the school's give out.

LionPride

Banned
So many players in basketball and football don't get drafted into the pros period. Lot of dudes who go to college trying to go pro and get hurt or dont get drafted and have nothing else to do. They make so much money for the NCAA yet get nothing for it

Top Bottom