• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Lol, not really. Just weird.

My mom who owns a business texted me last night about helping her out at an event today so I was like "sure."

I showed up, it was a domestic violence workshop at a church. I'm sitting there like 😐 while these women were coming up to the podium crying their eyes out about all the struggle they went through. Depressed the fuck outta me.

We were sitting in the back and my mom showed me her phone and was like "look what your cousin sent me". It was that twerking Santa toy, but when she played it she forgot to turn the sound down so while this lady was telling her heart wrenching story, the sounds of "TWERK TWERK TWERK DAT ASS!!!!" came blaring from the back.

I have never been so embarrassed in my life.

Sorry Feenix, but that shit is funny as hell!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

My mom who owns a business texted me last night about helping her out at an event today so I was like "sure."

I showed up, it was a domestic violence workshop at a church. I'm sitting there like 😐 while these women were coming up to the podium crying their eyes out about all the struggle they went through. Depressed the fuck outta me.

We were sitting in the back and my mom showed me her phone and was like "look what your cousin sent me". It was that twerking Santa toy, but when she played it she forgot to turn the sound down so while this lady was telling her heart wrenching story, the sounds of "TWERK TWERK TWERK DAT ASS!!!!" came blaring from the back.

😑

Damn that is pretty bad. Smh. Moms.

damn that's funny as fuck

433ad8c39665a2ed18f46f9aea17987e.jpg
the story on the white dude in the pic
http://sfglobe.com/2015/12/07/mvw/?src=fbfan_47452&t=fbsub

As John Carlos said, “If we were getting beat up, Peter was facing an entire country and suffering alone.” For years Norman had only one chance to save himself: he was invited to condemn his co-athletes, John Carlos and Tommie Smith’s gesture in exchange for a pardon from the system that ostracized him.

A pardon that would have allowed him to find a stable job through the Australian Olympic Committee and be part of the organization of the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games. Norman never gave in and never condemned the choice of the two Americans.
i had no idea

Shy

This immediately came to mind when i finished reading your post.

Like I said, a story.

tumblr_n90u98SqID1refhi9o6_250.gif

shagia

Made it another year with out dying or getting locked up fam.

its my birthday

Also that BP thread is making me feel some type of way

Today is mine too. Happy Birthday

Happy birthday, you two!

-Gy.gif

andthebeatgoeson

That's a damn good story.

tGknsjI.jpg

So much info in this picture. Can I even install real player today?

G-Fex

A bunch of stuff beats it, visually and gameplay wise. For me megaman 2d stuff got better over time

I like MX 1-5 more than old megaman
I like MZ 1-4 more than MX and MM
I like ZX and ZX advent more than the three prior, they all introduced interesting things and became more visually interesting than... blue astroboy. Visuals and art style are also a large part of why I personally find games appealing so a lot can beat old megaman actually.

also in zx advent you can turn into T-Rex and thats fucking radical.

Visuals
I guess its why I'm not fond of beck, call me when they make beck X.Though knowing them, they might be planning that kick starter right now.

MMX is really amazing and don't blame people if they prefer it over the originals. I guess I'm a big Nes fan lately so I just generally prefer the originals even though I am god awful at them.

Never tried Z, they look cool however. I own Azure Striker Gunvolt and should give that a try. Should give the Z and ZX games a try too.

What do they play like? MMX?

Village

MMX is really amazing and don't blame people if they prefer it over the originals. I guess I'm a big Nes fan lately so I just generally prefer the originals even though I am god awful at them.

Never tried Z, they look cool however. I own Azure Striker Gunvolt and should give that a try. Should give the Z and ZX games a try too.

What do they play like? MMX?

I remember z 1-3 being quite hard , to the degree in which some people criticize them for it. But they play like Zero and X are one person. The story is a bit odd.

ZX is metriod kinda? The game's great, but the world map is suuuuuuper shitty. And you might need to find a better map on the net, you kind of find the levels, when you get a new power, open the passage up that kind of thing. One of the good visual things about ZX, is that unlike zero when you obsorb folks you actually transform instead of change color, which is why i really liked battle network. Things like this

Also if you noticed from this picture, in megaman zx and zx advent... you can just pick the gender of your protagonist. No longer is the girl reserved to being support like roll. Or Call now, you can play as her. They have slightly different stories in ZX and ZX advent , and you play as different sets of kids. But yeah. Heck the girls actually stronger than the guy, they are better using swords, and the guy's have better aim. So a reverse on the girls have arrows, guys have swords trope. Sorta progressive actually.

To get back to the game, ZX advent actually fixes the problem zx has with its map, by making the whole hubworld a gaint ass old school megaman screen. You go to an area, say that looks cold " oh I guesst this where the cold boss lives" with no bullshit navigation like the first game. And its still metriod-ey in the sense that certain pathways are just blocked off, untill you get the power to navigate it the area or open it up. ZX and ZX advent are connected story wise, but not much, besides simular powers and some cameos.

Also in zx advent you can turn into a damn T rex

Zx advent also has other transformations that allow you to turn into bosses that don't look like people. Its radical.

ZX was a combination of a bunch of good megaman ideas , with some misguided metriod thrown on top. And ZX advent is the refinement of those ideas into a very good game.

Too bad those games went nowhere, and megaman went even more nowhere.

WELP.

G-Fex

those ZX games sound cool then. I'm sold on them.

Mega man isn't dead btw.

It's just that no one seems to acknowledge or know of the new mega man games.

Mega man unlimited.

Mega man Super Fighting Robot

Mega Man Ultra

(Yes they're based on 8-bit mega man but still very good games )

Slayven

I don't care I would have teleported out, that is a hellva a L

Order

Only Megaman series I really fuck with is Zero.
I played them on easy mode

I wish the ZX games were in the Eshop so I could try them

RedSwirl

I played ZX briefly back in the day, bough it, and haven't touched it since.

The only two things I really remember are that it made exploration feel like a chore, and one thing in the game let you dash in mid air which is a big deal for Mega Man.

Village

I played ZX briefly back in the day, bough it, and haven't touched it since.

The only two things I really remember are that it made exploration feel like a chore, and one thing in the game let you dash in mid air which is a big deal for Mega Man.

Yeah the first game has some map issues, they were trying a metriod situation they seemed experienced with. But yeah zx and zx advent has a lot more movement stuff, than any megman before.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
although it gets a lot a flack, 8 feels like the proper way the original series should have went. fantastic music, great stage design, interesting bosses, as well as indivdual special damage animations for each boss and their weakness(even special ways of beating certain bosses with their weaknesses) but people got too in their feelings over it. its a shame really

Yeah you never think of the 2nd place guy in the picture since it just seems like he's "there" going through the motions, all because he wasn't in on the hand raising plan.

Wow. Peter Norman is the GOAT ally. And I didn't know Australia was /that/ fucked up. I mean, I knew they treated the natives horribly, but damn.

My 3 year old daughter is singing, 'I believe I can fly' and I want to tell her to stop.

R Kelly made up a new definition for baby shower. Nigga was holding baby showers at chuckie cheese. Fuck nigga.

Did she just watch Space Jam?

Read this article and try not to nod your head and say "That sounds about right"

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/cle...all-army-couldnt-stop-the-cesspool-of-racism/

Heard about this on Black Guy Who Tips or Angry Little Goats or something. Always makes me wonder if these people have children because it's always fully grown ass adults with kids in their life in some form who tear into black children like that. It would astound me if they even said they love or even like children in general because I don't know how else you could stomp on Rice's grave unless you just saw black children as less than animals.

PInk Tape

Banned
Today is mine too. Happy Birthday

Made it another year with out dying or getting locked up fam.

its my birthday

Also that BP thread is making me feel some type of way

Happy birthday, guys!

Oh my god. These stories are why I always keep my earbuds plugged into my phone at all times because I know that I'll probably forget to turn the volume down.

Slayven

Did she just watch Space Jam?

Heard about this on Black Guy Who Tips or Angry Little Goats or something. Always makes me wonder if these people have children because it's always fully grown ass adults with kids in their life in some form who tear into black children like that. It would astound me if they even said they love or even like children in general because I don't know how else you could stomp on Rice's grave unless you just saw black children as less than animals.

and it is always some motherfucker with sunglasses cheesing in their Facebook photo, full government name on displaying saying the most foul shit.

Slayven

Can you imagine having to moderate that? The job better come with unlimited longisland ice teas.

The bile and hate towards a little kid from grown ass people got to hurt your soul

So I'm trying to grow/connect my beard. . any tips or resources you guys can send my way? Lol when I was in high school I use to hit up a 360wave forum, I'm not sure there is one for black guys growing beards.

This immediately came to mind when i finished reading your post.

LMFAOOOOO

Top Bottom