• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

TheFlow

Banned
You don't want to do this

There is something to be said about being able to slowly digest the show, as a well as the writers being able to tweak the show in later epsiodes.
yeah you start to realize all the problems the show have and question the pacing.

that is what I said mane.

they just have no self control to make up for the built in control

There is something to be said about being able to slowly digest the show, as a well as the writers being able to tweak the show in later epsiodes.

I mean it works when you binge watch but I just watched Jessica Jones in chunks and i was like "Is this going anywhere" so many times. I had the same issue with Daredevil.

Slayven

Couldn't get 50 posts without southpark shitting up a safeplace thread
Says a lot that I googled this and am getting nothing but right wing websites on the first page reporting it.

I twitter search and saw only dailycaller and breitbart, so I closed the tab and forgot about it

Honestly another reason the black community could use its own center and source of tech.

Yeah which is why I'm glad for the different minority comp sci initiatives that have been popping up in the last few years. Hopefully the upcoming gen will make some big waves

Says a lot that I googled this and am getting nothing but right wing websites on the first page reporting it.

Ugh. Those assholes live to get a nugget that they can use to undermine black people. The beef was dumb but every one from every walk of life has had some animosity both founded and unfounded. Only black people are expected to be a highly connected, self loving monolith and when we're shown to be human, sites like those use it to say we're lesser. The MO of covering the petty fights between people who never claimed to be saviors of the black race and not covering anything related to police fuck ups is transparent as hell. I'm wondering if those same sites even have a blurb about Holtzclaw.

harSon

Banned
Why they got Elba looking like a From Dusk Till Dawn vampire in the new Star Trek movie smh. My nigga looking like the Wishmaster:

idris-elba.jpg

Dude look like a Deadite and The Witches rolled into one... Got my boy looking like Lou Gossett Jr from Enemy Mine's relative and shit. They got Sofia Boutella looking alien as fuck too:

jessica-chastain.jpg

Guess you can't have too many recognizably non-white faces in a movie...

Haha Wishmaster is just what I was thinking of. I had no idea Elba was even gonna be in Star Trek. They may have covered up his blackness but I'll still go to support him.

Elsewhere in blackness, LA Times is pitting Serena Williams against a horse

850x478

I know the poll came about through circumstance but goddamn how is that not just a fucked up bit of shade. And people are actually pissed the horse didn't get the cover

Haha Wishmaster is just what I was thinking of. I had no idea Elba was even gonna be in Star Trek. They may have covered up his blackness but I'll still go to support him.

850x478

I know the poll came about through circumstance but goddamn how is that not just a fucked up bit of shade. And people are actually pissed the horse didn't get the cover
all those horse gifs finally came back to bite us in the ass

i blame yall

Slayven

Why they got Elba looking like a From Dusk Till Dawn vampire in the new Star Trek movie smh. My nigga looking like the Wishmaster:

idris-elba.jpg

Dude look like a Deadite and The Witches rolled into one... Got my boy looking like Lou Gossett Jr from Enemy Mine's relative and shit. They got Sofia Boutella looking alien as fuck too:

jessica-chastain.jpg

Guess you can't have too many recognizably non-white faces in a movie...
What is he suppose to be?

I checked out NU Trek when Harold was extreme skydiving

850x478

They forever trying not to give Serena her props.

harSon

Banned
What is he suppose to be?

I checked out NU Trek when Harold was extreme skydiving

They forever trying not to give Serena her props.

Damn, you threw me off my game since my name is Harold Lol. Had to think about that for a sec.

And no idea what the hell he's supposed to be. Everyone assumed Klingon considering he's black, and they were introduced in the last film - but they looked like this in Into the Darkness:

Slayven

Damn, you threw me off my game since my name is Harold Lol. Had to think about that for a sec.

And no idea what the hell he's supposed to be. Everyone assumed Klingon considering he's black, and they were introduced in the last film - but they looked like this in Into the Darkness:

Andorians? Only blue people in trek

850x478

Dammit Jandro....

850x478

mongo-punches-horse-o.gif

Thanks Jandro. -_-

idris-elba.jpg

Dude look like a Deadite and The Witches rolled into one... Got my boy looking like Lou Gossett Jr from Enemy Mine's relative and shit.

That's Elba? Jesus, I thought he just wasn't in the trailer.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Now that I've gotten older it's sad to see how much consumerism has taken over the holidays.

The mass consumerism shouldn't dampen your thoughts about the season. I met a girl who was completely bummed out about how commercial every holiday is. I asked her what difference should that make to her life? Can't let media and brands have THAT much control over your thoughts and feelings. Focus on the charity work that goes on during the holiday, how many people who go without most of the year can get a special meal because of the generosity of others.

Kreed

850x478

I can't get mad at the people for voting in a poll and being annoyed at Sports Illustrated for not respecting the results of poll, even if it was for a horse. Sports Illustrated are the ones that fucked up for putting a horse in a poll for sports PERSON of the year. I mean shit, why not put up the Westminster Dog Show winners and the winning team from the Puppy Bowl in the list while you're at it? At least those animals are in competitions that aren't just a front for gambling (all those old people aren't sitting at those tracks all day long for the competitiveness). Not a good look Sports Illustrated.

Bubba T

Are you old enough to remember a time they weren't all about consumerism?

Touché. I'm just reading that Christmas expense thread and its just surreal how we place value on how much we spend and not the thought of actually giving. Maybe everything we see on TV and the Internet paints this perfect little life we can achieve by having that brand new Apple Watch for Christmas.

Or maybe I'm just ranting because I saw A Christmas Story last night.

Bubba T

The mass consumerism shouldn't dampen your thoughts about the season. I met a girl who was completely bummed out about how commercial every holiday is. I asked her what difference should that make to her life? Can't let media and brands have THAT much control over your thoughts and feelings. Focus on the charity work that goes on during the holiday, how many people who go without most of the year can get a special meal because of the generosity of others.

I hear you. I for the most part have largely ignored most media since the NBA Finals of 2014 (mainly because of school, Taxation will mess with your mind) so taking a step back and looking around after being in a haze for so long just makes me shake my head. That being said, this is still the best time of the year. Lots of spirit and generosity going around. I love it.

What would you like to know?

Anything you'd like to tell me. The places, the people, food. I'm asking because I found a couple writing competitions and one requires a short story to be set in Little Tokyo and as I'm not from LA, I don't know shit about it and I'd like to ask some people instead of just using what comes up on Google.

cdyhybrid

Installed Civ and XCOM again last night. Think I'm just going to stick with Civ, though. Can't bring myself to start all over again with Long War.

The Wiz is on BounceTV... again.

Namco really thought they can rip off the Emerald City-Green sequence ,throw it in Tekken and nobody would notice.

Top Bottom