• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Kreed

8sO4o6u.png

TheFlow

Banned
I feel like his identity is obvious to anyone who is familiar with his country in-universe.
nah, his country has no need to trade or talk with others, and his mask is always on against intruders. Only a native will know what he looks like under the mask

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
nah, his country has no need to trade or talk with others, and his mask is always on against intruders. Only a native will know what he looks like under the mask

Bruce Banner didn't even know how to pronounce Wakanda.

No one is going to know who the fuck T'Challa is.

It'd be cool if we got a little moment where BP unmasked himself in front of a single individual (e.g. Cap) in a humanizing / empathetic "i'm human too, you know" moment, but he kept his actual name and whatnot a secret to everyone throughout the film.

Haha Wishmaster is just what I was thinking of. I had no idea Elba was even gonna be in Star Trek. They may have covered up his blackness but I'll still go to support him.

Elsewhere in blackness, LA Times is pitting Serena Williams against a horse

850x478

I know the poll came about through circumstance but goddamn how is that not just a fucked up bit of shade. And people are actually pissed the horse didn't get the cover

Sports Illustrated should have never put the horse on the reader's poll. And coupled that with a "Best Sports Animals" section with American Pharoah, the winner of the Westminster, perhaps a few awesome rescue dogs, etc. That way the animal people would be happy.

But now all the white racist animal lovers who probably cried when Cecil the Lion died have come out of the woodwork to complain. Please note that F1 racer Jackie Stewart won the SI cover in 1973, the year that Secretariat won the Triple Crown (1973), so you can see what the real issue is here.

Also, that cover fit with Serena Williams' style. She's all about being confident, athletic, /and/ sexy.

akira28

I rather the black panther not be unmasked in front of the avengers.

The only unmasking is his intention to stunt on all of those fuckbois and then disappear through the ventilation shaft while Captain America is sitting there looking confused and Tony is standing there looking dumb.

He better have the speech too.

zeemumu

Kinda

Someone asked that if someone purposely came on on a toy would the toy have to leave the semen on itself to not arouse suspicion?

Yeah. That's explored a bit in Toy Story 3 where the toys have to accept getting abused as hell by preschoolers because they can't just blow their cover and run.

zeemumu

North Korea's closed off too but if a superhero named Fearless Leader shows up I think we'd put 2 and 2 together.

TheFlow

Banned
It's the closest comparison I could find in terms of isolated countries, not politics. I guess Cuba would work too but that's not much better.
Fam just take a seat

Wakanda can't be compared to to Cuba or North Korea. Wakanda is a hidden and the other two are not

Kraftwerk

Ugh. Sorry, don't mean to ruin the mood. Just feeling it hard.

Friend got killed by a drunk driver in Connecticut earlier today. Hit me really hard. He has 3 really young daughters..... Why him.... Fuck

Shy

Friend got killed by a drunk driver in Connecticut earlier today. Hit me really hard. He has 3 really young daughters..... Why him.... Fuck
Don't be sorry Kraft. I'm am so so sorry for you, and your friends family loss. That's terrible.

In Wakanda you would get a sword in the guy for saying that

*American social construct of Atlantis in a fictional context, not the actual actual Atlantis

EDIT didn't see below

I'm sorry to hear that, man.

Top Bottom