• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

zeemumu

So are we talking
Darth Maul levels of 2nd string, Rhino from Amazing Spider-Man 2 levels of 2nd string, or Chewbacca in episode 6 levels of 2nd string?

So are we talking
Darth Maul levels of 2nd string, Rhino from Amazing Spider-Man 2 levels of 2nd string, or Chewbacca in episode 6 levels of 2nd string?

Yeah, I have to call that into question because...

None of those characters were POV characters like Finn is for some parts of the movie.

zeemumu

None of those characters were POV characters like Finn is for some parts of the movie.

I'm trying to see what the ratio of
advertisement to actual screentime is. Rhino was billed as a major player in AS2. Dude showed up for about 5 minutes of screentime total.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Hmm so a good analogy would be the following?

Finn is to Force Awakens what Vaan was to Final Fantasy 12? We all thought he was the main character but turns out he was just along for the ride.

Btw, anyone listen to the Black Guy Who Tips? In the last episode they were talking about Average ass Abigail Fisher, that girl who took her complaints about Affirmative Action to the supreme court. In they episode they talked about her losing but isn't the case still being deliberated?
They just hating on her for her hotness

(TFA spoilers) I was kind of under the impression
it was going to follow a JRPG-esque format with regards to protagonists, where we more or less get character moments throughout the entire course of the movie, but by the end it eventually shifts towards a telling of the "main ensemble," rather than there being a single definitive main character or even deuteragonist, in this case.

zeemumu

It's not a Star Wars film if someone doesn't lose an arm

It's not a Star Wars film if someone doesn't lose an arm

It better not be if he chose not to tag it. Or it better be a random Stormtrooper.

Dude at work just said that sometimes cops are justified in shootings, and some time our race is violent but not all of us.

Also fuck retail man, old dude took a crap and didn't wash hands. Oddly enough he grabbed a wet wipe to clean off the cart he was getting.

Back when I worked retail, I was washing my hands in the restroom when I saw some guy come out of the stall, walk past the sinks, and walk out. I went back to my register and saw the guy again, and he looked me right in the eye with a
3716323.gif

look on his face. I stayed professional but damn if I didn't immediately go wash my hands again. I feel bad for the janitor who got hired on at the same time that I became a cashier. Some lady took a shit on the floor. I only saw the stains on her dress as she left the store but at least I didn't have to see what she left behind.

shingi70

Banned
Dude at work just said that sometimes cops are justified in shootings, and some time our race is violent but not all of us.

Also fuck retail man, old dude took a crap and didn't wash hands. Oddly enough he grabbed a wet wipe to clean off the cart he was getting.

A great article expounding on the history of comparing black athletes to animals

My cool son.

It's always interesting to hear people use the "sometimes you're violent" line as though all of humanity is peaceful and black people were released from Pandora's box and introduced strife into the world. Sometimes people aren't violent and sometimes they still get shot by cops because of the same false fucking perception that guy has about black skin equaling threat. Dude has no perspective. Also now you've got me second guessing every future interaction I have with grocery carts. Gonna fold my shirt over my hands from now on.

Slayven

Gamestop only ordered 420 copies of Devil's Third. There are more copies of Ty The Tasmania Devil in existence then this game.

Ty_the_Tasmanian_Tiger_Coverart.jpg

Hell of an L

Bronx-Man

Banned
Having a job fucking sucks. I'm out here in 75 degree weather lifting boxes on FedEx trucks from 9 to 5, this shit ain't that far off from picking cotton.

Finn ain't second fiddle, or third fiddle.......he's forth. BB8 is more of a focus in the movie
We've been hoodwinked, bamboozled, run amok etc.
"Did I just catch y'all niggas tryna be shit?" - J.J. Abrams

Those stats were surprising. Top 5 in US and #1 in Europe

That long ass taunt is great.

Yeah Number 1 in Europe was especially surprising. Didn't Japan have a poll too? I wonder where she was on there. She deserves the long taunt. Bayo puts her all into stuntin'

Top Bottom