• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm honestly done with a lot of bullshit here on GAF. I tried grinning and bearing after all the shit that happened to me a couple of months back since it didn't even happen on GAF, but I'm just at the point where posting here just isn't as fun as it used to be, and that's sad after only being here for like four months.

Shy

Adele got that US tour coming Got to see my baby momma in concert
LOL, hope you have a great time.
I'm honestly done with a lot of bullshit here on GAF. I tried grinning and bearing after all the shit that happened to me a couple of months back since it didn't even happen on GAF, but I'm just at the point where posting here just isn't as fun as it used to be, and that's sad after only being here for like four months.
I understand what you're saying, but i'd like to say i like having you here, and i hope you stay Bronx.

LionPride

Banned
Hey yall, I'm writing a paper on minorities in video games and how we need to be better represented. Any of you have ideas? I already have how difficult it is to create a black person in an RPG and the only series of games one can expect to consistently expect themselves to make black people is in NBA 2K

harSon

Banned
I rewatched an episode of Fear the Walking Dead, and Colman Domingo seriously needs to be in more stuff. That dude's voice is Tony Todd level's of panty droppin'

zeemumu

These people going back into WoW without the immunity. They're gonna destroy themselves.

Battlefront's 4 levels start to get a little tedious if you play that game non-stop. Gotta remember to take breaks to keep the excitement fresh.

TheFlow

Banned
wait you only been here for 4 months? damn

Hey yall, I'm writing a paper on minorities in video games and how we need to be better represented. Any of you have ideas? I already have how difficult it is to create a black person in an RPG and the only series of games one can expect to consistently expect themselves to make black people is in NBA 2K

- all black people have electric powers
- NPCs are generally all "normal" (e.g. straight white guys and gals) with the only real diversity being given to party members / main characters (Dragon Age: Inquisition and Halo 5 are good examples of avoiding this)
- the whole GTA:SA/mafia 3/literally any game ever situation with posters "can't relate"ing
- similarly, devs don't "get" black people and thus can't write them correctly (which is factually bullshit but shows up in games as innocuous as Pokemon Black and White where literally all the black NPCs are either breakdancers or athletes, and the other black characters were accused of having mammy-esque designs or were quite literally raised by wolves dragons)
- on that note, "devs only write what they know" or "it's not racism, it's just business" hence japanese games being totally allowed to have shitty race options in character creators (could potentially go as big as miis only having a single "black" shade)

See also any number of the bullshit excuses fans will throw about to vehemently justify a lack of minority representation in gaming, e.g. "werewolves are more realistic in Victorian London than people of color with rights.

0O57d11.jpg

Top Bottom