• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Shy

"Did I just catch y'all niggas tryna be shit?" - J.J. Abrams
NtUg6k9.gif

Yes, Bayonetta all up in this shit.

Having a job fucking sucks. I'm out here in 75 degree weather lifting boxes on FedEx trucks from 9 to 5, this shit ain't that far off from picking cotton.

I know all too well. I used to work there and I just reapplied there last week. I really didn't want to go back there, but shit I'm desperate right now and in danger. Having a job doesn't suck, just package handling at Fedex.

Stoked for the Bayonetta announcement. Though I was hoping they'd announce a GOTY Edition since I haven't purchased any of the DLC aside from free Mewtwo.

zeemumu

Yeah Number 1 in Europe was especially surprising. Didn't Japan have a poll too? I wonder where she was on there. She deserves the long taunt. Bayo puts her all into stuntin'

My guess is that she either didn't rank high enough in Japan or the Japan polls were trivial. To my knowledge, console games are dying over there.

This is actually the 2nd fighting game cameo that Bayonetta has had. First was in Anarchy Reigns, which no one played despite being a damn fine game.

My guess is that she either didn't rank high enough in Japan or the Japan polls were trivial. To my knowledge, console games are dying over there.

This is actually the 2nd fighting game cameo that Bayonetta has had. First was in Anarchy Reigns, which no one played.

I did the soundtrack was dope

Yeah, I'm pretty indifferent to Corrin. His addition to Smash feels like a conspicuous marketing move to build more interest in Fire Emblem Fates, but I can't be mad since 1. It's a video game and 2. We're getting Bayo and Cloud.

Let a brother dream. Damn. :'-(

True, but to be fair, I don't think Nintendo has really made another big-budget game with the wealth of paid additional content that Smash has. Though I could be wrong about that.
Hyrule Warriors and MK8, but those had season passes that were done very well. Smash could use one at this point.

zeemumu

This time having them react to Black celebrities. Most didn't know Beyonce, one is obvious racist, one girl thought they were mistaken with rashida Jones another with mariah carey

https://youtu.be/unB564gIXg0

Damn, no love for Mariah Carey at all.

Nintendo funded Bayonetta 2, giving it console exclusivity, and her appearing in Smash is some sort of surprise?
skip1.png

In regards to her competition and Bayonetta's popularity compared to the characters in first party titles who could have been introduced/returned it seemed like a bit of a longshot. Most were expecting a returning character.

Merc_

My only problem with Corrin is that he's too new. I never got the hatred for Fire Emblem characters in general.

Yeah, but at least he has a unique playstyle. That's pretty much the main thing I care about when it comes to new smash characters. The hate is pretty much entirely due to coming from the same franchise as a couple other characters. They wouldn't be anywhere near as mad if he was from some other random game.

Fox said, "I see you NBC with that The Wiz musical. And I raise you..."

http://tvline.com/2015/12/15/tyler-perry-the-passion-easter-musical-live/

Jesus Christ Lotsofstars?

Tyler Perry will narrate and host a star-packed production of the Easter musical The Passion, which will air on Fox on Palm Sunday, the network announced Tuesday.
The two-hour live musical event will be broadcast from New Orleans; though the production promises big names performing popular music, the cast has not yet been announced. Adam Anders (Glee) will arrange the musical numbers.

The Passion is a modern retelling of the last days of Jesus of Nazareth’s life, ending with his crucifixion and resurrection. Fox’s ambitious staging will involve many iconic New Orleans locations, “culminating in a procession of hundreds carrying a 20-foot, illuminated cross from Champion Square outside the Superdome to the live stage at Woldenburg Park on the banks of the Mississippi River,” the network’s release states.

Village

I think fire emblem dude looks rad. You can win me over being part dragon.

Bayo's entrace was met with an extreme indifference.
Just "oh, ok"

Aside from not giving a shit about Pokemon, I really don't care if a series has too many reps. Corrin isn't a character I wanted but their moveset looks dope. The game has too many counters though.

Crocodile

A) Holy shit I'm so sorry for your loss Kraftwerk :( Fuck drunk drivers! Fuck then up the asshole :(

B)
Can we not talk about Star Wars in here (at least until the movie is actually out)? I'm avoiding those topics for a reason. Even with the spoiler bars I can kind of figure out what y'all are saying via context :(

The smash thread is a laugh riot right now.

They are SO mad holy shit.

I love it <3

It would have been nice for another series other than FE to get more reps but Corrin looks very unique. Also OMGWTFBBQ at Bayonetta. I always just laughed at people who suggested her. Never thought it would come to pass! :O

My only problem with Corrin is that he's too new. I never got the hatred for Fire Emblem characters in general.

"blah blah blah too many swords blah blah blah too much anime blah blah"

Nintendo funded Bayonetta 2, giving it console exclusivity, and her appearing in Smash is some sort of surprise?
skip1.png

Too sexy; too many guns; etc.

I mean I thought some of the arguments were actually somewhat convincing. What do I know though :p

TheFlow

Banned
I agree with the above about keeping the Star Wars talk on the hush till release day.

Bayo being in smash is awesome but boo at more FE characters

Black panther #1 is something I have been waiting for. Can't wait

Bronx-Man

Banned
That's kind of his steez. Plus my sabres just beat his Kings in OT, so he's a little bit testy.
Dude decided to shit up my pm box months back after I talked about how I was getting harrassed, saying I was a douche for not just taking it and accepting it cause "That's just what we do!"

So yeah, I cast doubt.

D i Z

I'd like to third the sentiment on being cool with the Star Wars spoilers in here as well. This is the one place where I'm in the habit of clicking on whatever you guys post just to keep up on your youthful jargon and dap techniques.

Top Bottom