• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

I'm honestly done with a lot of bullshit here on GAF. I tried grinning and bearing after all the shit that happened to me a couple of months back since it didn't even happen on GAF, but I'm just at the point where posting here just isn't as fun as it used to be, and that's sad after only being here for like four months.
Could be worse. You could be me. :p

Hey yall, I'm writing a paper on minorities in video games and how we need to be better represented. Any of you have ideas? I already have how difficult it is to create a black person in an RPG and the only series of games one can expect to consistently expect themselves to make black people is in NBA 2K

You can talk about the black characters you like. For me that's a small list considering the pickings are slim to begin with.

You also can discuss how certain studios have trouble getting a game published because they have a character of color like Don't Nod and Remember Me and Lab Zero's Indivisible. There's also the point that more representation will affirm being black in the game space is acceptable as media does have an influence and self-image and acceptance of others. Also, that shit that Sub-Zero said.

42SuLGd.gif

At the very leas there are black people in space. Hispanic people don't seem to exist in most fantasy universes outside of the ones exclusive to Spanish folklore.

Óscar Isaac Hernández Estrada is playing one of the best pilots in the galaxy and X-wing leader of the Resistance.

zeemumu

Regina from once upon a time! Except they avoid anything of the sort after the first few eps years ago I believe ;p

Did not know that.

Once Upon a Time gives no shits about what ethnicity a character is, though. While people are arguing over Iron Fist, Merlin and Lancelot and Triton are black and Belle is Australian. It's actually pretty cool.

LionPride

Banned
OK, I really don't get how y'all don't fuck with Supergirl. Listening to a podcast and they talking bout Jimmy Olsen giving a speech on black rage in the workplace. Flash has a number of black characters, but the writing never really deals with any issues that could be brought up. They kinda did something with Firestorm and Kaitlin's judgement of him but having a character talk about an issue such as being black in the workplace draws me in.

Plus,
MARTIAN FUCKING MANHUNTER IS IN THE DAMN SHOW! THE REALEST NIGGA IN THE JUSTICE LEAGUE

harSon

Banned
At the very leas there are black people in space. Hispanic people don't seem to exist in most fantasy universes outside of the ones exclusive to Spanish folklore.

True.

But ya'll got one of the GOAT commanders in sci fi

WilliamAdama.jpg

Too bad his genes ain't shit. Dude gave birth to the whitest motherfucker in Caprica

zeemumu

That Charizard vs Agumon Death Battle isn't even fair. What the hell could Charizard possibly do that could even mildly affect War Greymon? Charizard is a fire breathing flying lizard. That's enough for Agumon and maybe, MAYBE, Greymon, but War Greymon? Naw, man. That's only even for people who haven't seen Digimon.

That Charizard vs Agumon Death Battle isn't even fair. What the hell could Charizard possibly do that could even mildly affect War Greymon? Charizard is a fire breathing flying lizard. That's enough for Agumon and maybe, MAYBE, Greymon, but War Greymon? Naw, man. That's only even for people who haven't seen Digimon.

You're forgetting that Pokemon are really nanomachine clusters

Man, I'm miffed.

I really hope I cheer up when I see the movie, but the spoiler thread knocked the wind out of me.

I guess if anything this will motivate me to write more.
Can't trust just about anyone to do right by black folks. especially not in genre fiction.

ReiGun

They could have at least picked a legendary to fight Agumon.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Man, I'm miffed.

I really hope I cheer up when I see the movie, but the spoiler thread knocked the wind out of me.

I guess if anything this will motivate me to write more.
Can't trust just about anyone to do right by black folks. especially not in genre fiction.

Be the change you wish to see.

Top Bottom