• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

TheFlow

Banned
There is still hope for finn do not read further if you want spoilers

apparently he may not become a jedi, but at least his chances with rey seem real

XenodudeX

Man those SW spoilers.

I have already bought my ticket, but the spoilers are seriously killing my hype to the point where I kinda don't really need to see this movie anymore. Might just give it to a friend or something.

TheFlow

Banned
Man those SW spoilers.

I have already bought my ticket, but the spoilers are seriously killing my hype to the point where I kinda don't really need to see this movie anymore. Might just give it to a friend or something.

do you have a day one ticket? if yes, then go.

Ya know Im all for knocking certain white people off their high horse and exposing their privilege. Im for protesting and I can even understand the anger and potential violence that can come from being oppressed.

But I'll never get why certain woke blacks folks straight tell white people they hate them or the entire race. Like I honestly never saw how that was helpful at all. I get being suspicious of white people or leery or mistrusting but idk. It seems so unnecessary.

D i Z

Sony had reps waiting for Kojima as soon as he finished cleaning his desk, I bet.

Shiiiiit. Their guys probably had the car waiting and ushered him out the side door with a change of jacket and sunglasses waiting in the stairwell. Niggas had his gold watch, a dossier, some Champagne and a Cheeseburger ready to go in the back of the limo. Like a motherfuckin don just got out early on a triple lifetime maximum security sentence.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
No no you were not. You let your hype blind you from what was really going on. Go back and watch the trailers.

Ive been telling people not to buy into blind hype. I lived that shit with the phantom menace, so hopefully, you all wouldnt have.

Shiiiiit. Their guys probably had the car waiting and ushered him out the side door with a change of jacket and sunglasses waiting in the stairwell. Niggas had his gold watch, a dossier, some Champagne and a Cheeseburger ready to go in the back of the limo. Like a motherfuckin don just got out early on a triple lifetime maximum security sentence.

no doubt they had insiders on the lookout like "he just got in the elevator. it's moving down" watching the numbers count down.

Ya know Im all for knocking certain white people off their high horse and exposing their privilege. Im for protesting and I can even understand the anger and potential violence that can come from being oppressed.

But I'll never get why certain woke blacks folks straight tell white people they hate them or the entire race. Like I honestly never saw how that was helpful at all. I get being suspicious of white people or leery or mistrusting but idk. It seems so unnecessary.

Some are just overwhelmed by the amount of injustice they realize occurs. It's big insurmountable and seems signally malicious. A lot of woke people don't really reconcile that the reason things don't change or change slowly isn't just because every white person is malicious. There are a lot of malicious people but the major reason any status quo stays the way it is is due to a majority of people being comfortably ignorant and thus apathetic. That's not inherently bad at all but with the amount at stake, I can see why the some woke people could see red when they meet white people who are apathetic or ignorant. They don't get that the reason so many people are that way is pretty much because they literally live in a different world along with a different world view. That can be hard to wrap a head around so it's easier for them to believe all white people must just inherently be full of hate.

akira28

Acting out, and feeling the frustration. I mean, it can feel like shouting into the wind, when you start adding everything up and seeing how long its been going on and how fucked some people are, and what it would take to pull them out and how few people are even interested in doing that. Hate and seeing the enemy is one of the steps that some people go through, that they have to get beyond. Like Malcolm and his beard moment.

that hate comes from a very real place, and its not "right" but if you're cut and you bleed, that's not right either. but it's a natural reaction that requires action and healing.

I think what bothers me more is the fact that their almost proud of it at times and Im like..why? Like I understand the anger that's easy to understand but the cockiness of it? I guess it comes from trying to make yourself feel better and then going from one extreme to another.

No no you were not. You let your hype blind you from what was really going on. Go back and watch the trailers.

You've been doing this a lot, and I don't think that's fair. Especially when the marketing team spent a whole lot of a time hyping the red herring and got a lot of people's hopes up.

I mean, if you want to blame the millions of potential viewers hyped up by that visual, go ahead. But if there's a backlash, it'll be placed on Disney's feet.

akira28

I think what bothers me more is the fact that their almost proud of it at times and Im like..why? Like I understand the anger that's easy to understand but the cockiness of it? I guess it comes from trying to make yourself feel better and then going from one extreme to another.

hotep my brother.

You've been doing this a lot, and I don't think that's fair. Especially when the marketing team spent a whole lot of a time hyping the red herring and got a lot of people's hopes up.

I mean, if you want to blame the millions of potential viewers hyped up by that visual, go ahead. But if there's a backlash, it'll be placed on Disney's feet.

There won't be a backlash. It isn't a red herring. Finn has the light saber for most of the movie. That's why he's in the marketing with it.

My fucking 7 year old guessed that the girl was going to be like Luke because of the trailer.

akira28

There won't be a backlash. It isn't a red herring. Finn has the light saber for most of the movie. That's why he's in the marketing with it.

My fucking 7 year old guessed that the girl was going to be like Luke because of the trailer.

bait and switch might be an "all's fair" tactic in sales but people do tend to make a stink. It won't hurt ticket sales, but it will affect perception and how the movie is ultimately received by some. But can't tell this soon, if he becomes the new Han Solo, people might walk away with that like they walked away from Best Buy with a new Zune in 2012.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Star Wars is not immune to Hollywood. It's just a movie designed to sell toys.

Nostalgia might have you feeling some type of way but that's pure marketing. Best to treat it like any other trilogy movie; I won't be surprised when the third one is split into two parts either.

I know jumping on TotalBiscuit for melting down about Kojima is one thing

But that dude who made that beyond cold blooded comment about him deserves to be thrown into the farthest reaches of the shadow realm, shit ain't even that serious.

But that dude who made that beyond cold blooded comment about him deserves to be thrown into the farthest reaches of the shadow realm, shit ain't even that serious.

Video games make people say the most heinous shit sometimes.

Shy

Nah. He snuck into the freight elevator under a cardboard box with a drawing of a pachinko machine on the front. That shit even fooled the security cameras.
46LMRY0.gif

There's always the choice not to spoil thing for others
FOR REALS. please don't talk too much about Star Wars in here for a week or so, please fam.

What did TB say. ?

What did TB say. ?

TB was going off about the PS4 exclusivity sprouting PC master race nonsense and how consoles hold back PCs whatever whatever.

People in the thread were frying him (rightfully so imo), then some dickhead said "it's not like he's going to play the game anyway, regardless of platform". knowing full damn well TB has terminal cancer. That shit really pissed me the fuck off, especially when I knew people who passed from the shit.

Shy

TB was going off about the PS4 exclusivity sprouting PC master race nonsense and how consoles hold back PCs whatever whatever.
Ahh. ok. Thank you.
People in the thread were frying him (rightfully so imo), then some dickhead said "it's not like he's going to play the game anyway, regardless of platform". knowing full damn well TB has terminal cancer. That shit really pissed me the fuck off, especially when I knew people who passed from the shit.
Thats a fucking disgusting thing to say about somebody.
EDIT: What Feenix said
LOL. thanks anyways.

Mizerman

Yeah, I just saw that post in the thread...

Asshole type of comment.

I don't care about the Jedi part, I care that he is the 4th most featured character behind the Robot. I was hoping for Han but we got Lando.

Jacir

Hello. Have no money in 2015 brehs. Be a loser most of your life brehs. Have family and don't communicate properly with them brehs. Also no job for years brehs. Used to be a negro with no motivation after a life-threatening experience brehs.

Sorry guys. I'm in a bad mood and state of mind.

Top Bottom