• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

andthebeatgoeson

Can we decide on decent BCT spoiler rules?

6 months then FOH here? You need clearance if it's going to take you longer than 6 months. If it takes you that long, you ain't really interested in it.

Slayven

its amazing how star wars still gets people
None of the movies are even that good without the nostelgia.
TB was going off about the PS4 exclusivity sprouting PC master race nonsense and how consoles hold back PCs whatever whatever.

People in the thread were frying him (rightfully so imo), then some dickhead said "it's not like he's going to play the game anyway, regardless of platform". knowing full damn well TB has terminal cancer. That shit really pissed me the fuck off, especially when I knew people who passed from the shit.

PC Master race for all the superiority have the most fragile egos.

Village

6 months then FOH here? You need clearance if it's going to take you longer than 6 months. If it takes you that long, you ain't really interested in it.

Nah because folks get pissy about spoilers from years ago. Like the culprit from persona 4, even though the guy is advertised in video games, folks like to be " oh spoilers" like that game litterally hasn't been out for almost 10 years.

My personal statute of limitations re: spoilers has always been a decade.

That being said I have no strong feelings one way or another regarding star wars, so y'all do you.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Slave trade spoilers:

415 years later, black people still not treated as equals

Hello. Have no money in 2015 brehs. Be a loser most of your life brehs. Have family and don't communicate properly with them brehs. Also no job for years brehs. Used to be a negro with no motivation after a life-threatening experience brehs.

Sorry guys. I'm in a bad mood and state of mind.
It will get better Jacir. Don't give up. Holidays are the worst time of year for this kind of thing and I feel your pain on a lot of this.

Kreed

My job needs to chill with this Christmas music.

Star Wars has everyone on red alert so let's just be cautious for this movie and then get back to our regularly scheduled BCT once the hype dies down.

akira28

Slave trade spoilers:

415 years later, black people still not treated as equals

It will get better Jacir. Don't give up. Holidays are the worst time of year for this kind of thing and I feel your pain on a lot of this.

that slave stank don't just wash off. white man has to officially absolve you of it.

Hello. Have no money in 2015 brehs. Be a loser most of your life brehs. Have family and don't communicate properly with them brehs. Also no job for years brehs. Used to be a negro with no motivation after a life-threatening experience brehs.

This is me. And I'm in the same mood. My bank account is in the double digits (was overdrawn a week ago). No savings due to never having a real job job but still have to literally work for this Master's degree; no studying just blood and sweat. I love my mom and dad but my lack of passion and overall negative view of my place in life means I never want to call them, see them or talk to them in any way shape or form before I've actually accomplished something with my life. Pretty sure I might be addicted to pain meds due to the slow onset of back pain caused by osteosclerosis. Late 20s and I've felt like all that time has been spent spinning my wheels. However, I'm not dead yet, breh. Gotta keep running up that hill till I die on it.

akira28

Better then comic books.

nah, I actually think comic books as a whole, with their lineage going all the way back to the cartouche us better than a space opera inspired by Flash Gordon, ww2 dogfights, and an eastern philosophy meets western civilization intro course

be morpheous drinkin 40s in a deathbaaasket, brehs.

Jac, any of those situations can be reversed, but you got to get your grip first. But I feel you. Times like these make people take stock and a not like what the sheet says at the end.

deli2000

People getting salty about people making fun of comic books mere minutes after deriding Star Wars as terrible shlock for nostalgic nerds.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't fire shotguns.

Slayven

I thought you were making some kind of comment on how Kojima was out of touch, then I saw that Nintendo actually partnered with Napster.

I think the MGS is nonsensical, but damn it at least the man is current.

People getting salty about people making fun of comic books mere minutes after deriding Star Wars as terrible shlock for nostalgic nerds.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't fire shotguns.
You don't see the difference of shitting on a specific movie series, to shitting on a whole story telling medium.?

Nerd on nerd racism

You're one to talk.

HorsesFighting.gif

...but continued to enjoy a film series made for children?

Just like comic books, but I would take the medium of film over comics any day. The art in comics is substandard, and the writing is usually average at best. There are standouts of course but its a much lower tier of entertainment.

Kreed

A member of BCT, I'm not a regular here so I understand why you don't recognize the name. I don't see how that affects this discussion though unless I'm missing something.

Psst...
you're supposed to make an "Slayven loves asian women" joke.

Just like comic books, but I would take the medium of film over comics any day. The art in comics is substandard, and the writing is usually average at best. There are standouts of course but its a much lower tier of entertainment.

In the recent comic OT people are putting up really awesome panels that debunks the hell out of this statement.

And that's just the superhero stuff, the graphic novel area surpasses a ton of other media in terms of craft.

jmood88

No one aside from you is arguing medium vs medium. It's silly that you talk about outgrowing comics as a whole while still enjoying films explicitly made for children and whose fans will even acknowledge doesn't contain spectacular writing for the most part.

In the recent comic OT people are putting up really awesome panels that debunks the hell out of this statement.

And that's just the superhero stuff, the graphic novel area surpasses a ton of other media in terms of craft.

Nah, a well framed shot in a film will always be more impressive then a well drawn picture. Making the everyday look extraordinary is a harder because you have more limitations.

Top Bottom