• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Shy

Hello. Have no money in 2015 brehs. Be a loser most of your life brehs. Have family and don't communicate properly with them brehs. Also no job for years brehs. Used to be a negro with no motivation after a life-threatening experience brehs.

Sorry guys. I'm in a bad mood and state of mind.
You don't have to apologise Jacir, i understand how you feel.
JCOY4OW.gif

Sony announces partnership with Kojima

Nintendo announces partnership with Napster
LOL. ohh nintendo. *sigh*
Smash is serous fucking business. LOL.
Slept on it for the night and I think it's time to dip for the holidays. I've been a member on three different forums, and this is the only one where I felt uncomfortable to the point where I don't even feel like posting anymore. Just gonna take about a month off to cool off and think about some shit. Happy holidays to y'all.
I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas, and new year.

Hope to see you again soon.
It's just something about the holidays that make people want to quit this forum.
Yeah. *sigh*
WeSbVBU.png

I'm so damn tired of post-apocalyptic/dystopian settings in games.
I am too. Let's get some African cities, surreal fantasy ala Wacky World and American JRPGs set in a modern world of various periods.

I am tired of the setting in general. Just seems lazy now

That and zombies
Zombies are getting played out, but I decided to give Zombies Ate My Neighbors a try since it was made way before the craze and despite the game being named such, there are a ton of other enemies in the games.

They ever explain why she can turn into a little ball?

Shit it's just video games the logic of it don't matter. She could fit in those same spaces if she were to crawl, but the reason is just because it provides something mechanically and visually different in the games.

Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Year's is a rough time for a lot of people, myself included. Don't get to see my people often and everyone around is paired up and happy. Sometimes I feel like drinking a light bulb.

It eventually passes

Village

I am tired of the setting in general. Just seems lazy now

That and zombies
You can do interesting things with it, I was watching this one anime recently where the where the world was flooded and folks lived on combined boat nation/cities. Shit was beautiful.

zeemumu

Human tech is reverse-engineered from Covenant tech, which is Forerunner, which is Precursor...

Sometime between the Bungie / 343 switchup humanity took out the middleman and just started repurposing Forerunner tech, though. Around that time they also stopped trying to explain Covenant shit and made it out to be space magic. The Reach LE journal notes one of the weapons has interacting, moving parts that aren't connected through any visible means - physical connections, nothing electromagnetic, nothing radiation-based, etc.

Yeah, they mention that the INFINITY had forerunner engines. The AI's are forerunner too.

And the Prometheans are all digi-skeletons of ancient humans/people from Arizona.

Im fond wheb it starts getting more integrated with the person in particular

Raiden's not wearing a suit, though. He's naked. That's his body now.

Trey

Well, the only thing repurposed from the Covenant/Forerunner in the Chief's suit is the shields, and maybe the power supply. Every thing else is human ingenuity.

I don't know about these new suits that the spartan 4s of whatever wear though. Given how Forerunner tech obsessed ONI became after the war, they probably use Forerunner shit in their coffee makers.

The thing I never got is how people complain that Halo became too reliant on space magic. To my mind Halo was always heavy on the space magic stuff. The very premise of the games is to stop a superweapon that can destroy all sentient life in the galaxy like it's nothing. Now embedded geases and other such fare is too much for people?

Village

liike waterworld?
Nah, because there's a mech, and like time travel.
And the aesthetic is less mad max on water and more, like brazil on water, also here are quite a bit of brown folks in this animu. And they also have water mechs. Its pretty rad, and had an interesting world they could have explored but its like 13 episodes.

Yeah, they mention that the INFINITY had forerunner engines. The AI's are forerunner too.

And the Prometheans are all digi-skeletons of ancient humans/people from Arizona.

Raiden's not wearing a suit, though. He's naked. That's his body now.

Some of that is, some of that is armor. Because he can have his normal non armored up body too. OH, Oh now i'm sad rising two is never happening.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
They ever explain why she can turn into a little ball?

Not really, though I remember some article that did the math based on the actual in-game assets, and she's not actually much smaller in ball form than she would be just kneeling down. Like if she just pulled her knees in to touch her chest to "roll up", that's about the size of the morph ball. Of course, she can move faster in morph ball mode by rolling than she could by crawling through the same areas, and she has other abilities when the suit is in that configuration.

I do remember an amusing Space Pirate text log from Metroid Prime about this:

"Science Team is attempting to reverse-engineer Samus Aran's arsenal, based off data acquired from her assaults on our forces. Progress is slow, but steady. Command would dearly enjoy turning Aran's weapons against her. We believe we can implement Beam weapon prototypes in three cycles. Aran's Power Suit technology remains a mystery, especially the curious Morph Ball function. All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster; four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes. Science Team wisely decided to move on afterward."

Basically the answer to anything about her suit is "bullshit Chozo tech-magic", though.

Not really, though I remember some article that did the math based on the actual in-game assets, and she's not actually much smaller in ball form than she would be just kneeling down. Like if she just pulled her knees in to touch her chest to "roll up", that's about the size of the morph ball. Of course, she can move faster in morph ball mode by rolling than she could by crawling through the same areas, and she has other abilities when the suit is in that configuration.

I do remember an amusing Space Pirate text log from Metroid Prime about this:

"Science Team is attempting to reverse-engineer Samus Aran's arsenal, based off data acquired from her assaults on our forces. Progress is slow, but steady. Command would dearly enjoy turning Aran's weapons against her. We believe we can implement Beam weapon prototypes in three cycles. Aran's Power Suit technology remains a mystery, especially the curious Morph Ball function. All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster; four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes. Science Team wisely decided to move on afterward."

Basically the answer to anything about her suit is "bullshit Chozo tech-magic", though.

The Prime trilogy suggests that she may use the Morph Ball by turning into data, at which point the suit just transforms into a more compact shape. Her giant shoulderpads also house the hardware needed for the Morph Ball, at least in the Prime Trilogy, as you can see her various Morph Ball designs resembling the shoulderpads of whatever suit she's wearing at the time. This is also corroborated in Metroid Prime: Hunters, where another Hunter using similar tech has shoulderpads shaped like their Morph Ball.

zeemumu

Some of that is, some of that is armor. Because he can have his normal non armored up body too. OH, Oh now i'm sad rising two is never happening.

Pretty sure that normal body that he had at the end of MGS4 was also cybernetic. By Rising, he's pretty much just a brain (and maybe an eye). Pretty much everyone that you fight except for Sam and Armstrong is just a brain transferred into a mass-produced body.

Village

Pretty sure that normal body that he had at the end of MGS4 was also cybernetic. By Rising, he's pretty much just a brain (and maybe an eye).

i tihnk he has more human parts, because sam cuts his arm off in the beginning of rising nd he bleeds, and is loosing blood. So I think its just think its a lot of his bones and some organs that got replaced.

zeemumu

i tihnk he has more human parts, because sam cuts his arm off in the beginning of rising nd he bleeds, and is loosing blood. So I think its just think its a lot of his bones and some organs that got replaced.

Canonically that's not blood if I remember correctly. It's "cyborg juice" (probably just because they can't say it's blood). But those arms definitely aren't his since they both got torn off in MGS4.

RedSwirl

Only thing remotely organic on Raiden is his brain poor guy...

Honestly I think that's why I like revengence so much and like the way his story went. He's a Snake, whether he likes it or not.

Village

Only thing remotely organic on Raiden is his brain poor guy...

Honestly I think that's why I like revengence so much and like the way his story went. He's a Snake, whether he likes it or not.
For me I liked the world i'm playing it like " what is this glob trotting campy ghost in the shell shit. I will pay 7 sequels"
and then konami went fuck video games. And now i'm like awww

Canonically that's not blood if I remember correctly. It's "cyborg juice" (probably just because they can't say it's blood). But those arms definitely aren't his since they both got torn off in MGS4.

Haha

Cyborg juice.

Where y'all want games located at

I would hurt some folks If could get a DC , Baltimore, or Detriot grand theft auto.

Also space beches, or space anything. I like space. Except when its a boring meteorite. No mans sky looks rad, they actually use the fact they are in space to construct unbelievable color pallets for new planets, so things like that. I want red water, and blue trees, yellow feilds and green skies. Its space, do crazy shit.

Slayven

You mean you're not ready for another tour de force action OPEN WORLD MASTERPIECE set in a dystopian future?

Telling a story within the confines and rules of a function society and culture is a real talent and hard work. You wonder why games are set in some far off backwoods area. Like Halo, or Meteoroid.

If Samus or Master Chief accidentually nukes a forerunner or convenant city or whatever, it doesn't count because it's not their city or culture.

RedSwirl

Man fuck these American ISPs and fuck publishers thinking they can do better than Steam on PC.

I just picked up the disc version of GTA V on PC, which I haven't played because my data cap keeps me from downloading the 65GB game. After installing all seven DVDs I gotta download an additional eight gigs which is taking another few hours because Rockstar's Social Club CDN is slow as hell.

Gattsu25

Banned
Nintendo and Tecmo retconned that for Other M. Made Samus almost a foot shorter. http://secondtruth.com/2010/09/samus-is-slowly-shrinking/

6G5gXBb.png

They may have gone back on that though, since that Little Mac Smash Bros. video cracked a joke about the height difference between him and Samus.

That is so annoying.

As someone who always maxes out the height slider in character creators it's always a bummer when a previously tall character gets shrunk down.

Slayven

Or the goddamn Super Soldier Serum being passed around like a hooker on a slow Tuesday.
Actually the real deal, the stuff in Steve is rare, they are many knockoffs and variants. But they usually just boost folks

Gamma radiation was much worse. Literally everyone's grandma could probably Hulk out once coming into contact with it. Marvel dedicated an entire arc for the Hulk to fix this shit.

only 4 in 1 million have the gene that enables mutation through gamma radtion. You can fake through science thought. The leader gamma nuked a small city and only got these folks

3300038-ohotmu+hulk+%231+-+page+35.jpg

The black dude is actually wearing a suit of morphing armor, the other dude is just wearing power armor.

Mizerman

Actually the real deal, the stuff in Steve is rare, they are many knockoffs and variants. But they usually just boost folks

I know Steve got the genuine article, it's just kinda amusing to me that constant attempts to recreate it ends in not exactly giving people what they want, or giving them something in exchange for being crazy as hell and whatever other symptoms.

only 4 in 1 million have the gene that enables mutation through gamma radtion. You can fake through science thought. The leader gamma nuked a small city and only got these folks

3300038-ohotmu+hulk+%231+-+page+35.jpg

The black dude is actually wearing a suit of morphing armor, the other dude is just wearing power armor.

Dude in the armor looks kinda cool.

Slayven

I know Steve got the genuine article, it's just kinda amusing to me that constant attempts to recreate it ends in not exactly giving people what they want, or giving them something in exchange for being crazy as hell and whatever other symptoms.

Dude in the armor looks kinda cool.

I like the Power Broker, he got so jacked he needed armor to move

502067-c1.jpg

712214-untitled.jpg

shagia

im goin to LA for a week

i've already been there a few times in my life but someone suggest some spots i should check out

cdyhybrid

Man fuck these American ISPs and fuck publishers thinking they can do better than Steam on PC.

I just picked up the disc version of GTA V on PC, which I haven't played because my data cap keeps me from downloading the 65GB game. After installing all seven DVDs I gotta download an additional eight gigs which is taking another few hours because Rockstar's Social Club CDN is slow as hell.

Eh, I love Steam, but they need competition to keep them from getting lazy.

No one has really come close yet though.

TheFlow

Banned

Humble bundle and green man gaming do but keep doing you boo.

Edit: the humble bundle store actually had a better November sale
Wasn't sure if you were talking about sales or not

RedSwirl

And I don't know if they ever will while still traveling in the same direction. Steam is so far ahead because everybody thought Valve was crazy for like two years, which gave it that much of a head start. Other than that people accept Battle.net because of its games and because it's not all up in people's faces like Origin and UPlay, and GOG because it let's you control your data once you donwload it. Humble's cool for the same reason I guess.

The others need to find a "thing" that gives people a reason to install them other than holding games hostage. EA needs to focus on nurturing the Battlefield fanbase on PC and just building a tight service around that. I'd rather just not deal with Ubisoft anymore. These dudes and Rockstar though need to stop trying to build whole social networks they know will be DOA.

Gattsu25

Banned
Steampunk is such a worthless genre

"Lets make magic and tech worse"

GTFO

Agreed 1000% percent

Your opinion on cyberpunk, tho?

I like the idea behind cyberpunk...the idea that technology infiltrates society to the point where people are willing to go to backalley docs to get some metal interfaces shoved into them...basically an the inroads toward the inevitable collapse of humanity. Has a underlying hopelessness that makes for good fiction. When that stuff gets glamorized too much and basically becomes sci-fi magic I tap out, tho.

Top Bottom