• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

shingi70

Banned
Vixen coming to Arrow y'all.

c7c010e98280f23e7f5da2c661b185aa.jpg

harSon

Banned
Uh, it's not a fun reversal. Clearly it is an attack on all masculinity in general and any man who liked the first Ghostbusters in particular.

To be fair, they should have just created an entirely new IP instead of making unneeded alterations to an existing one.

Where the fuck does CW find these people?

Edit: Oh damn, that's Megalyn Echikunwoke? How'd she manage to get hotter? I remember her from The 4400...

ApharmdX

Banned
Uh, it's not a fun reversal. Clearly it is an attack on all masculinity in general and any man who liked the first Ghostbusters in particular.

A lot of that comes from men, especially white Christian hetero men, who are used to being grossly over-represented in media. They can't handle even the occasional "loss", not that just because one group takes center stage means that other groups are being downed in some way.

My issue with The Force Awakens is a bit different. I mean as a group we're constantly taking L's, man. And
Finn was billed as a co-protagonist, which he is not, at all. I'm happy with Rey's character, though. As a father with daughters, it's awesome to have a confident, strong, independent female protagonist who is, against type, allowed to be the one who has the greatest moment of triumph in the film. I just hope that the next Star Wars builds on Finn's character and gives him some victories, gives him a meaningful character arc. The possibility is there, so I'm guardedly optimistic.

JLynn

They mad because it's impossible to make Ghosbusters 3. One died (And let's be real. Ramis in his last two years looked like Gandolfini with a fuller head of hair), one no one cares about (Poor Ernie. I truly believe he could have delivered the jokes they wrote for Eddie Murphy), and one who wants no part of it (Murray makes Harrison Ford look as eager as Arnold when you whisper "Terminator" in his ear).

Then you got Aykroyd who tried so hard to relive the glory days with the decent game (Which I remember people HATED Murray in. What do you expect? He phoned in his lines figuratively and literally). He lived with the shock and signed off on the reboot. I love the original movies but damn is the mildew seeping in. I'm thankful for Feig to air the shit out before rewriting the script.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

wonder how they're going to depict her powers

I liked the JLU way where they showed an outline of the animal as she touched her totem, but I don't know if they're even doing the totem thing anymore.

So how much do you think they're going to talk about The Red?

edit: Also, these Bernie Sanders conspiracy theorists in that database thread are something else. Instead of "man that's fucked up, hopefully this doesn't mess up Bernie's campaign too much", they're immediately on the "it was a conspiracy by Hillary's friends in the establishment" nonsense.

It is quite literally the same kind of shit you would hear from Trump supporters on the other side.

Slayven

I liked the JLU way where they showed an outline of the animal as she touched her totem, but I don't know if they're even doing the totem thing anymore.

I be shocked if sh does anymore then claws, super senses, and the occasion bouts of strenght and speed.

TheFlow

Banned

edit: Also, these Bernie Sanders conspiracy theorists in that database thread are something else. Instead of "man that's fucked up, hopefully this doesn't mess up Bernie's campaign too much", they're immediately on the "it was a conspiracy by Hillary's friends in the establishment" nonsense.

It is quite literally the same kind of shit you would hear from Trump supporters on the other side.
the red? lol this is cw man. They already messed up adapting new things from the new 52.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Watching him fail at prep time

Sucker punched Black Cat

Ruined things with MJ completely

Lost his job then accidentally blew it up

On probation from the Avengers

Sucker punched Wolverine

Plagiarized himself

dont forget played himself and getting bitchmade by the goblins

zeemumu

dont forget played himself and getting bitchmade by the goblins

That too.

And dumped his weird Oculus Rift-addicted girlfriend.

FOH at people telling me to not go see it and save my money.

full

I'll give it a few more days, wait for the crowds to be manageable. Until then, dodging major Star Wars spoilers like Neo dodges bullets. And that means no Facebook for a while because I don't want a repeat of Game of Thrones.

Slayven

Man, Glover looks like he could be Chiwetel Ejiofor's younger brother.
He quit community and went straight into I give no fucls
its probably gonna happen again
I am so behind in reading.
It's time for some more black cosplay. Saw these on tumblr and thought they were cute so I wanted to share.

tumblr_nyep0m0Ad91rztdgoo1_540.jpg

a Jojo Character

vlC8U06.jpg

PpjpeWC.jpg

Power Rangers

Chuckie

yQ0s2tx.jpg

Can't relate

Nah, I like them too. Definitely better than his last girlfriend.

Aunt May clearly has problems with little people, though.

Stunner or Lady OCk?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Anyone seen force awakens? can anyone tell me if Finn is a good character, i cannot trust the star wars spoiler thread and they hardly even talk about Finn at all.

So Finn...
he's a good, selfless character, and we see that demonstrated multiple times in TFA. Boyega does a good job portraying him. But is anyone else unhappy with how his character was used in the film? I think he was a bit under-used, certainly he's not a co-lead, which is what I feared. The problem, and I said this after the trailers, is that in Star Wars it's the Force users who really determine things. I'm hopeful about Finn's role in future films, as they left his role pretty open, but in TFA, I was disappointed. Is he going to be Han Solo to Rey's Luke? Will they be brave enough to continue the romantic angle? I mean there's no sibling relationship to kill that. It would be great to have an overarching romantic subplot in the new movies between these two.

oh...

Top Bottom