• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

zeemumu

KH was fine with the cute Disney like story of a boy and his friends. They in typical fashion they fuck it up with nobodies, xcfxcvsasas whatever those fucklords are called, triple keyblades, and a 13 year emo kid's perspective on existence.
I have no idea what the last 3 are referring to

Man, I'm still salty that Square's not bringing 1.5 and 2.5 to PS4. I shouldn't have skipped them last gen. Kingdom Hearts 2 came out when I was in seventh grade, and now that three is finally starting to materialize, I'm realizing how little I remember of the story and characters.

Slayven

I have no idea what the last 3 are referring to

Virtua_Quest.PNG

Just know Virtua Quest did ti better

LionPride

Banned
So Force Awakens was legit. Finn's character was good. He is a simp for Rey, but overall his character was fine. He along with Rey and Kylo Ren are definitely the main characters of the new trilogy

zeemumu

I just want to see the Millennium Falcon do some crazy maneuvers. At Star Tours they changed the first world selection to Episode 7 Tattooine and the Falcon does some crazy stuff to take out a TIE fighter. And in my Google Cardboard VR I think I saw it drift.

Kreed

Just saw the Star Wars movie. What damn movie were you guys posting spoiler tags for before 12/17? Cause it wasn't this movie.

I don't remember him running across a battlefield screaming Poe's name. But in his defense she might be the first girl he ever touched.

You see the lip bite by Poe plus the longing gaze they gave each other before the final battle? Basically asked each other to let the other one in.

Crocodile

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/677649819733770240

Comtpon in Kojimas top 10 movies for the year

now base this on your next game and all will be forgiven

How good is Kojima's English? I can't imagine this got a Japanese release (subs or dubbed). Did it?

Nah, we don't need a game where one of the characters is a almost naked black woman who can only breathe by twerking.

As stupid as what you described is, I admit I laughed :p

Man I refuse to go into any Ghostbusters thread, they make Waries look sane

Is this still a contentious subject? Like I'm bummed we'll never get a Ghostbusters 3 (thanks to Murray being such an ass that so much time passed that God took Ramis "back home") and it's fair if someone wants to be critical of the actresses based on their previous work (McCarthy has done some super funny shit but she doesn't seem to have much range based on the movies she's been in that I have seen though I admit that isn't all of them). However, that doesn't mean this movie doesn't deserve it fair chance. IT could be great. Even if someone is mad at the "SJWs" or whatever, how can you stay mad for so long? Do they eventually get tired of it? Being mad for so long over something like this just seems exhausting.

Vixen coming to Arrow y'all.

Not familiar with the actress but I hope she does well. This is Vixen's first Live-Action appearance right?

edit: Also, these Bernie Sanders conspiracy theorists in that database thread are something else. Instead of "man that's fucked up, hopefully this doesn't mess up Bernie's campaign too much", they're immediately on the "it was a conspiracy by Hillary's friends in the establishment" nonsense.

It is quite literally the same kind of shit you would hear from Trump supporters on the other side.

It's some real sad shit. Bernie and Hilary really aren't that different in terms of policy. I totally get how someone can prefer Bernie but when they say shit like "Clinton is the anti-Christ" or jump ship to the first Republican they see (ESPECIALLY Trump), they really show their ass. And Standers wonder why their behavior is so repugnant to minorities. We have to care about the policy. Many of them? Not so much :/

It's time for some more black cosplay. Saw these on tumblr and thought they were cute so I wanted to share.

tumblr_nyep0m0Ad91rztdgoo1_540.jpg

a Jojo Character

A Jojo Character? You mean the best Jojo character! Get it right :p

Cool pics though (this post and your other one) :)

andthebeatgoeson

It's completely stupid and unsourced, but I immediately thought Hillary put the hit on Bernie. And not in a traditional way, where she made a call. But, where her stans kept flipping the switch and waited for a desperate campaign to be tempted.

It's stupid because if you look at the numbers, Hillary doesn't need help ('You trying to help Ike?'). And Bernie was foolish to admit, at least in the beginning, he wasn't doing polling. So, he's desperate, not fully committed to the process (I mean, a politician should understand the importance of polling) and they saw an apple. It does seem like an overreaction but I see him as a wounded dog. And I blame the IT company more.

But, if you've seen enough terrible shit in this country, entertaining conspiracy theories happens a few times a week, even if you dismiss them.

Imm0rt4l

KH was fine with the cute Disney like story of a boy and his friends. They in typical fashion they fuck it up with nobodies, xcfxcvsasas whatever those fucklords are called, triple keyblades, and a 13 year emo kid's perspective on existence.
Word.

If kh's story was worth a damn, Disney would probably acknowledge it/use it. Story is fucked, needlessly convoluted garbage.

Slayven

Word.

If kh's story was worth a damn, Disney would probably acknowledge it/use it. Story is fucked, needlessly convoluted garbage.

KH 1 was so Disney though, you can tell after that they took a "whatevs" attitude to it.

But fuck the Gummi ship in all ti's forms and variants

shingi70

Banned
Shame people seem to defending Rey and Finn so hard.
Rey is a Mary Sue of Epic proportions, its like they wanted to redo Luke's Arc but throw in Anikans Chosen one BS. Finn Was a great character who really didn't get a chance to shine, despite having the best lines and an actual character arc.

Imm0rt4l

Rey is a Mary Sue of Epic proportions, its like they wanted to redo Luke's Arc but throw in Anikans Chosen one BS. Finn Was a great character who really didn't get a chance to shine, despite having the best lines and an actual character arc.
Reys Mary sue characteristics I attribute largely to what we don't know about her origin so I'm ok with that at the moment. I sort of agree about Finn, but I think he's essentially an untapped reservoir. He probably has a lot of potential, given some training. I'd assume rey has had some training already, she's certainly capable.

Slayven

Reys Mary sue characteristics I attribute largely to what we don't know about her origin so I'm ok with that at the moment. I sort of agree about Finn, but I think he's essentially an untapped reservoir. He probably has a lot of potential, given some training. I'd assume rey has had some training already, she's certainly capable.

Mary Sueism in a universe that started when a boy went from scratching his ass in a desert to blowing up a moon. After another boy went from being on his mama's titty in the desert to being the chosen one.

shingi70

Banned
Mary Sueism in a universe that started when a boy went from scratching his ass in a desert to blowing up a moon. After another boy went from being on his mama's titty in the desert to being the chosen one.
I know that much. Rey is probably Luke's daughter with some contvient wiped or repressed memories so she is powerful and has latent trauning. Just taking it in the movie on its own it comes off a bit odd. My guess is that Kylo Ren and Rey are uber powerful Skywalker while Finn can use the force but has the whole Vegeta has to train and work for it arc.

DizzyCrow

As a non American, this Bernie folks never cease to amaze me, they act like he's the second coming of Jesus or something. I just can smh and laugh.

Y'all have some recommendations to people to follow on twitter? I've always heard about black Twitter but don't know who these guys are

Top Bottom