• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Slayven

I know that much. Rey is probably Luke's daughter with some contvient wiped or repressed memories so she is powerful and has latent trauning. Just taking it in the movie on its own it comes off a bit odd. My guess is that Kylo Ren and Rey are uber powerful Skywalker while Finn can use the force but has the whole Vegeta has to train and work for it arc.
If you want to get rid of choosen ones in teh Star Wars universe, nuke desert planets from orbit.

jmood88

Him and Poe had more of a connection than him and Rey. Search your feelings you know it's true.
Their friendship made no sense to me. They knew each other for 5 minutes and were only helping each other because of circumstance. The Finn/Rey stuff didn't make much sense, either. He basically fell in love with her as soon as she hit him in the face.

andthebeatgoeson

As a non American, this Bernie folks never cease to amaze me, they act like he's the second coming of Jesus or something. I just can smh and laugh.

Y'all have some recommendations to people to follow on twitter? I've always heard about black Twitter but don't know who these guys are
They saw Barry do it and they think it was easy.

Hell, even republicans are trying to mimic him. How much did we hear them complain about his lack of experience? Just a guy who gives good speeches but no substance? They have three people running with no political experience now. They are not even being honest about the issues. They hate Obama but want to be him so bad.

As a non American, this Bernie folks never cease to amaze me, they act like he's the second coming of Jesus or something. I just can smh and laugh.

Y'all have some recommendations to people to follow on twitter? I've always heard about black Twitter but don't know who these guys are

just black folks on twitter who use the #blacktwitter hashtag.

you can follow me on @blackthvghts, and some of the BCT follows me there too, you can look on my follower list.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
I swear one of you nikkas is Rod from TBGWT because lately even he seems to notice Karen's not hearing a word of a story bullshit

lol. I always find it funny when that happens.

Also did anyone listen to Tuesday's podcast? I had completely forgotten about that Bulletball guy and was wondering why they always started the show with it. I was cracking up when they were commenting on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOOw2yWMSfk

Africanus

Watched Force Awakens yesterday.
Finn's about to be in a coma for half of the next movie isn't he? :(
They did him wrong. Sanitation? Really?
OST was lackluster which was surprising, overall movie was decent.

DominoKid

Their friendship made no sense to me. They knew each other for 5 minutes and were only helping each other because of circumstance. The Finn/Rey stuff didn't make much sense, either. He basically fell in love with her as soon as she hit him in the face.

eh it makes perfect sense. They escapee the First Order together. Thats a crazy enough experience to be bros for life

D i Z

I abandoned most of my social media because of this

I mean I care. But I don't care enough to cut myself of from communicating with people. It really isn't that serious.
It kind of also helps that for most people in my social groups this movie is something to do for a few hours and not something to live for, so no one is having a hard time keeping their mouths shut about what they've seen. Blinders only need to really come on in enthusiast circles and sites that are completely obsessed like this one.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
I'm so glad I'm completely immune to spoilers, the lengths some people have to go to avoid spoilers never ceases to astonish me.

On the subject, does anyone know where there is a detailed summary of The Force Awakens plot? All I know are bits and pieces and it would be good to know the whole story before I see the movie.

Calling it now: Finn gets an "I love you" / "I know" moment in 8 or 9 and folk get to talking about how he doesn't know how to treat women right and that Han only pulled it off because he's white "HIS MADE SENSE IN CONTEXT" or some horseshit

zeemumu

I mean I care. But I don't care enough to cut myself of from communicating with people. It really isn't that serious.
It kind of also helps that for most people in my social groups this movie is something to do for a few hours and not something to live for, so no one is having a hard time keeping their mouths shut about what they've seen. Blinders only need to really come on in enthusiast circles and sites that are completely obsessed like this one.

I do my best to avoid spoilers for any movie . Some require more effort than others. I wasn't this worried about spoiling Crimson Peak for myself. Not signing into Facebook and Twitter for a few days won't kill me so I don't consider this extreme. Pretty standard.

I had this problem during Game of Thrones and Walking Dead.

Mizerman

Calling it now: Finn gets an "I love you" / "I know" moment in 8 or 9 and folk get to talking about how he doesn't know how to treat women right and that Han only pulled it off because he's white "HIS MADE SENSE IN CONTEXT" or some horseshit

As long as they don't treat Finn as some tagalong comic relief in the long run, it'll be gravy.

D i Z

I do my best to avoid spoilers for any movie . Some require more effort than others. I wasn't this worried about spoiling Crimson Peak for myself. Not signing into Facebook and Twitter for a few days won't kill me so I don't consider this extreme. Pretty standard.

I had this problem during Game of Thrones and Walking Dead.

Hey, you do you. Spoiler dodging is pretty much the norm for just about anything these days unless you happen to be looking forward to something that's fairly obscure. Personally I've had less irritation with spoilers when my online investment in my interests became less involved than the interest/event itself.

akira28

nope.

unknown white 20 something up and coming actor, something like Laim Hemsworthy or someone is an unknown force positive they find on a pitstop to some place for some B or even C story fun. He's a gang tougie or like a bouncer at a space bar but he's sensitive, etc. Anyway he's going to end up joining them as a Jedi Knight in the last one to Rey's Jedi Scout, Finn will catch the eye of some blue skinned alien with the tentacle hair and maybe we don't see him till the last 20 minutes of 9.

edit: omg I'm casting so much shade I literally forgot if it was day or night. Yes Lord, I need to stop. Do not blot out the sun.

akira28

Don't relate race and american foreign policy brehs.

I want a PM from whatever mod did that. Thanks.

Because you don't answer me when i ask in general.

akira28

Put 26 years of your life into bulletball, fam.

jV0FZKh.jpg

you laugh now.

Lol but man... embarassing dude on tv like that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOOw2yWMSfk

Imm0rt4l

nope.

unknown white 20 something up and coming actor, something like Laim Hemsworthy or someone is an unknown force positive they find on a pitstop to some place for some B or even C story fun. He's a gang tougie or like a bouncer at a space bar but he's sensitive, etc. Anyway he's going to end up joining them as a Jedi Knight in the last one to Rey's Jedi Scout, Finn will catch the eye of some blue skinned alien with the tentacle hair and maybe we don't see him till the last 20 minutes of 9.

edit: omg I'm casting so much shade I literally forgot if it was day or night. Yes Lord, I need to stop. Do not blot out the sun.
And I thought I was cynical. Fuck.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I guess the bulletball guy really did end up selling decently to the junior special olympics circuit. Dunno if "26 years, sleeping in a car, hock wife's wedding ring" was worth that but it's better than nothing. Dreamdrop don't give up on your dreams.
And I thought I was cynical. Fuck.
where is the lie tho

Really hope it doesn't come true but Hollywood hasn't ever surprised me.

Imm0rt4l

I guess the bulletball guy really did end up selling decently to the junior special olympics circuit. Dunno if "26 years, sleeping in a car, hock wife's wedding ring" was worth that but it's better than nothing. Dreamdrop don't give up on your dreams.where is the lie tho

Really hope it doesn't come true but Hollywood hasn't ever surprised me.
I think they'd catch a lot of heat for some fuckery like that. The force awakens is supposed to be the foundation, laying the groundwork. If they pulled some contrived bullshit like that it would totally fly in the face of the first movie. Only way I see them pulling that sort of bs is if Boyega as an actor becomes toxic on some shia Labeouf shit.

Furyous

I need a response video to this from some MAD Star Wars lifer. Pls, show me some hurt as it keeps my throat warm in these cold times.

Been a minute what y'all up to? One of these days I'm going to discuss one time I talked my way out of a police cruiser or a time in which someone that looked like me, not me of course, talked themselves out of a police cruiser.

D i Z

Top Bottom