• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

zeemumu

Online multiplayer on Ultra made it hard to get into Street Fighter. I'm better at 3rd Strike but that's not saying much. I'm hoping that by jumping on the Street Fighter V train I'll be able to build up my skill without getting beaten into the ground...as often.

The anonymous question thread only happens in November, so you're out. But go head, we can handle it.

*snickers*

Can't be any worse than anything in that November thread...surprising amount of incest this year...

When the Beta, and by extension Joy2Key, recognizes my stick, I've been enjoying Street Fighter V. The damage is stupid high, and there feels like there are less options than SF4, but that's fine.

I know that much. Rey is probably Luke's daughter with some contvient wiped or repressed memories so she is powerful and has latent trauning. Just taking it in the movie on its own it comes off a bit odd. My guess is that Kylo Ren and Rey are uber powerful Skywalker while Finn can use the force but has the whole Vegeta has to train and work for it arc.
inn is Gohan, plot device when you first see him then he's near useless by ep9
Rey is actually Yoda's kidbwitg Leia's 2nd cousin
star wars

The new trek trailer looks like a fanfic from a 13 year old trek fan

"And Captain Kirk jumped on his dirt bike and looked at Spock and said 'One last ride bro' before rocketing off"

You have to admit, that Bones line in the trailer was so very very Bones. If this is a fanfic, at least the 13 year old trek fan got the characters right.

Slayven

You have to admit, that Bones line in the trailer was so very very Bones. If this is a fanfic, at least the 13 year old trek fan got the characters right.

It was, I always have to keep reminding myself that Bones is suppose to be older than everyone(like the original). Cause dude looks like that one creepy dude that wants to hangout with the highschool kids in the gas station parking lot.

zeemumu

giphy.gif

Come on, Zee, don't click them...

I need to go to the store and pick up some mushrooms for this omelette

Nakazato

After seen my 1st star wars movie I can say. IDGAF about Star wars. But now that I'm invested I have to finish the trilogy. But fuck star wars that shit was over fucking hyped and truthfully not very good.

Kendrick Lamar is playing at this thing I'm at today. Going to skip seeing him soooo hard

I was really joking on Samus, I've never played a metroid game. But I actually didn't like Star Wars it was watchable sorta but I got annoyed at too many things

zeemumu

Well, the One Punch Man anime is over.

So no
secret coward King
and
Garou the human monster
or
Blizzard Group
or
Saitama talking a guy down from suicide.

But it ended with my favorite fight so far in the series so it's fine.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
My younger brother has become the most popular person in my entire family.

Why you ask? He works at Nike so he gets a shitload of discounts on shoes.

I got cousins who don't even know my name other then I'm my brother's brother asking me to get my bro's phone number so they can ask him a "favour"

I sometimes don't even get them playing around trying to make small chat. It's sometimes immediately "what's your brother's phone number?"

Trey

Oh hey, Kave! How's it going buddy?

That's good. So, uh, what's your brothers number again? Been meaning to connect back with the family seeing as it's holidays and all.

Slayven

I got cousins who don't even know my name other then I'm my brother's brother asking me to get my bro's phone number so they can ask him a "favour"

I sometimes don't even get them playing around trying to make small chat. It's sometimes immediately "what's your brother's phone number?"

So you are like Turtle from Entourage?

Crocodile

*Reads last page*

Did something go down at the Democratic Debate? I was too tired to watch it.

So no
secret coward King
and
Garou the human monster
or
Blizzard Group
or

I mean we knew they weren't going to get that far as soon as we knew the show was 12 episodes long (i.e. months ago).

Still the finale was hot fire. The whole damn show is hot fire <3

Kendrick Lamar is playing at this thing I'm at today. Going to skip seeing him soooo hard

I was really joking on Samus, I've never played a metroid game. But I actually didn't like Star Wars it was watchable sorta but I got annoyed at too many things

I hope you enjoy it. I was sleeping on him in the past couple years, but shit I was feeling To Pimp a Butterfly this year.

DominoKid

hey so can you hook me up too player?

i work for a sports apparel company too so im used to getting asked for shit like that lol. if i had access to all the good Nike shoes i wouldnt tell anybody tho

D i Z

*Reads last page*

Did something go down at the Democratic Debate? I was too tired to watch it.

Not really. They actually had a debate (shock!) that had a few light jabs, but it was civil and somewhat informative. There were a lot of questions asked that could have used more time for the candidates to elaborate upon, but there really isn't a forum for that kind of in depth discussion. The Dem debates have really driven it home for me that such a forum should exist, and would help to educate people on their processes and thinking in general. There was also a lot of talking around things that were obviously not for discussion across broadcast channels like the whole Assad situation. Even then, I'm a firm believer that even naming potential and current problem regimes for the global hit list is foolish. I've never understood that. All in all, I'd say that all three candidates solidified their current positions. Best case scenerio is if they all end up working together when this all shakes out.

A worthy post.

akira28

family is family. just keep it real and keep it really quick. "hello? oh hi cuz, what you want? what's up?"

just do it. family network is worthy because it might come in handy for you too some day.

you know who doesn't ignore their family networks?

Kreed

So no
secret coward King
and
Garou the human monster
or
Blizzard Group
or

That was just season 1. Season 2 will come as soon as Murita finishes adapting the current arc.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
so my bro brought an xbone.

where them deals at and what are the must have games ?
It came with tomb raider btw.

I know I'm gonna buy Titian fall and I'm hunting for a cheap copy of mkx but any other suggestions are welcome.

Bowlie

Banned
Hey, everyone!
New guy chiming in here. My name is Pedro as you can see <----

I picked those questions at the OP so I could introduce myself. Here I go!

Where you're from - Brazil's southern tip
Where you live - Same place
What is your age? - Turned 20 on the 9th
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm a son of a black father and a white mother. I've always been more in tune with my father's family; always thought that the way my mother's family talked, dressed, told jokes, enjoyed music, etc., was "weird" for me. Only as I grew older I understood that I identified myself as black, and that was why I enjoyed more hanging out with my father's brothers and sisters and people like them.
Do you know your roots - I discovered this year that my great-grandfather was (possibly) a son of a slave and her master (is that how you say? never had to speak about this topic in english) upstate, but my grandfather refuses to confirm this fact directly so I don't know for sure. Further in the past, both my families trace back to Portuguese people.
Favorite musical genre - Jazz and Hip-Hop.
Your profession/major/career interest - I'm studying Computing Science at my state's federal university.
Your religious affiliation - Agnostic.
Hobbies - Creating things. That could go from programming a game to plant something and then watch it grow. I love seeing something coming to life.
Also learning, I'm always happy when I realize I know more today than I did yesterday.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - For someone who isn't American, this questions doesn't make sense at all, haha
Popeye was a cool cartoon, but you're probably not talking about that, right?

Top Bottom