• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

PInk Tape

Banned
Hey, everyone!
New guy chiming in here. My name is Pedro as you can see <----

I picked those questions at the OP so I could introduce myself. Here I go!

Where you're from - Brazil's southern tip
Where you live - Same place
What is your age? - Turned 20 on the 9th
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm a son of a black father and a white mother. I've always been more in tune with my father's family; always thought that the way my mother's family talked, dressed, told jokes, enjoyed music, etc., was "weird" for me. Only as I grew older I understood that I identified myself as black, and that was why I enjoyed more hanging out with my father's brothers and sisters and people like them.
Do you know your roots - I discovered this year that my great-grandfather was (possibly) a son of a slave and her master (is that how you say? never had to speak about this topic in english) upstate, but my grandfather refuses to confirm this fact directly so I don't know for sure. Further in the past, both my families trace back to Portuguese people.
Favorite musical genre - Jazz and Hip-Hop.
Your profession/major/career interest - I'm studying Computing Science at my state's federal university.
Your religious affiliation - Agnostic.
Hobbies - Creating things. That could go from programming a game to plant something and then watch it grow. I love seeing something coming to life.
Also learning, I'm always happy when I realize I know more today than I did yesterday.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - For someone who isn't American, this questions doesn't make sense at all, haha
Popeye was a cool cartoon, but you're probably not talking about that, right?

Welcome!

D i Z

Hey, everyone!

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm a son of a black father and a white mother. I've always been more in tune with my father's family; always thought that the way my mother's family talked, dressed, told jokes, enjoyed music, etc., was "weird" for me. Only as I grew older I understood that I identified myself as black, and that was why I enjoyed more hanging out with my father's brothers and sisters and people like them.
Do you know your roots - I discovered this year that my great-grandfather was (possibly) a son of a slave and her master (is that how you say? never had to speak about this topic in english) upstate, but my grandfather refuses to confirm this fact directly so I don't know for sure. Further in the past, both my families trace back to Portuguese people.
Your profession/major/career interest - I'm studying Computing Science at my state's federal university.
Hobbies - Creating things. That could go from programming a game to plant something and then watch it grow. I love seeing something coming to life.
Also learning, I'm always happy when I realize I know more today than I did yesterday.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - For someone who isn't American, this questions doesn't make sense at all, haha

Welcome to BCT.

Mizerman

Hey, everyone!

Yo.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
2016 is done already, we ain't gonna be able to host a breakfast buffet at Golden Corral.
Steve Harvey took the final L of the year.
CWuBR2GUkAABBP0.jpg

I can't breathe

He announced the wrong winner, and came back on stage and corrected it. Keep in mind, he corrected it after she already had her crown and sash and was in the middle of her victory walk.

Then they done snatched all that shit off afterwards xD

I feel sorry for Miss Colombia but that had me dying

Shy

Hey, everyone!

Welcome to you new friend.

You might like to check out this thread.

Shy

Saw Star Wars, about on par with Empire Strikes Back. Finn was dope but I expect more from him in the future.
I saw it today also. i really liked it, i want to see it again before i say if it was a good as empire. Though i'm leaning that way at the moment.

Finn really was dope.

DizzyCrow

Hey, everyone!

Another Brazilian on BCT! Don't know if there is any others besides us, welcome!

Steve fucked up in another level, Jesus that was awkward

They talking about churrascos, (barbecue/fried/grilled chicken). Pretty sure that's how you guys name it there too, right? (I'm from Portugal so 'should' be the same).

Bowlie

Banned
Oh, now I get it! haha (yup, it's the same).

And thanks, DizzyCrow (where ya from?) c:

----

I couldn't watch that video till the end, too cringey

Top Bottom