• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

What if Halo was rebooted?

Instead of ironman like armor, master chief is actually wearing a symbiotic lifeform grown to be a weapon. Normally the sym suits have a basic programming just to assist the user. But Chief's suit evolves after exposure to Forerunner tech into a sentient being, taking the name Cortana

Can work in a romance, does Cortana love Chief because she was programmed to, or because she legit wants to?

That's basically the plot to Metroid Fusion

EDIT: and Crysis

Slayven

That's basically the plot to Metroid Fusion

EDIT: and Crysis

Yeah but not one cares about Metroid after Super Metroid, no one with taste.

Spiderman did it first, they pretty much said for years that the Venom symbiote is in love with Spiderman and just acting out like a spurned lover.

Trump was literally a television character growing up. seeing him potentially make presidency is surreal as fuck.

Him being in the "On our own" video tarnishes Bobby Brown's greatest hit

D i Z

There is a comic for everything. The 3 wishes thread reminded me there is a comic about a dude that fucks his genie. He pulls a DY and barely takes care of the kids

Join us in Tokugaf

I kind of dug that book. I was a massive Alan Davis fan.

Yeah but not one cares about Metroid after Super Metroid, no one with taste.

Spiderman did it first, they pretty much said for years that the Venom symbiote is in love with Spiderman and just acting out like a spurned lover.

Him being in the "On our own" video tarnishes Bobby Brown's greatest hit

Prime trilogy, Zero Mission and Fusion versus Metroid and Metroid II?

abL3yoO.gif

zeemumu

What if Halo was rebooted?

Instead of ironman like armor, master chief is actually wearing a symbiotic lifeform grown to be a weapon. Normally the sym suits have a basic programming just to assist the user. But Chief's suit evolves after exposure to Forerunner tech into a sentient being, taking the name Cortana

Can work in a romance, does Cortana love Chief because she was programmed to, or because she legit wants to?

Yeah that does sound like Fusion.

Cortana is basically in love with Chief and wants nothing more than to have his companionship and approval. She wasn't programmed to. UT comes with the territory of being an AI made of Forerunner tech and human brain waves. I think the romance pops up between Halo 2-3. But it's more like an "I care deeply for you" thing, not an "yo imma bang this hologram" thing.

That said, your idea is slightly Halo 5 if Halo 4 didn't exist.

Sou Da

I'll get back into to Toku when I get a new pc.

I just don't have the time right now. DC still don't look like it's even SPD tier good.

Mizerman

No fucks, many bucks.

I'm actually surprised I haven't seen a "Fucks Run Out!" version of "Time Runs Out" anywhere.

One day, it will happen.

Village

Was a good series, love they reached so hard to have a Spiderman cameo.

Star_Fox_Adventures_GCN_Game_Box.jpg

Star Fox only has one L, Metroid racks them up.

Its funny , that game is bad, but I find that game more interesting than like every other star fox. That new, star fox has me at 0 interest.

" Hey new starfox"

" Why would I play that when ratchet and Clank exists. That thing that did everything starfox ever did , but better. well put together, with a more charming narrative and character"

Sou Da

Its funny , that game is bad, but I find that game more interesting than like every other star fox. That new, star fox has me at 0 interest.

" Hey new starfox"

" Why would I play that when ratchet and Clank exists. That thing that did everything starfox ever did , but better. well put together, with a more charming narrative and character"

Wasn't there like only one instance of star fighting in a R&C game?

Or do you mean the furries in space concept?

Village

Wasn't there like only one instance of star fighting in a R&C game?

Or do you mean the furries in space concept?

I mean whole concept.

Also the ship, part of going commando. Is great. it functions fine. Its also like 15% at best, of that game. Its great.

akira28

If Finn isn't a Jedi I'm going to be suspicious.
How is he so good with a saber then? I mean, he sliced ole emo fuckboy Ren didn't he? He eventually lost but that's like rookie 1 holding off vader junior while miss skywalker is knocked out

andthebeatgoeson

Try to buy Star Wars tickets at the hot movie theater day-of, during the first week, breh.

Now, forced to wait 2 days, sit in the second row, and buy the 3d premium seats for you and the whole family. Like 3 generations of people. I'm not sure you can see with you're glaucoma. How bout you stay home and I'll explain it to you in the language of your people with static pictures? Pay triple digits for movie tickets, breh.

The Adder

Banned
Wish I had a better voice for audio. Was at work today and ended up writing lyrics over the extended Steven Universe theme, but my voice is tragic.

Finally saw the movie too. Can finally read stuff on the internet again. Was nice!

If Finn isn't a Jedi I'm going to be suspicious.
How is he so good with a saber then? I mean, he sliced ole emo fuckboy Ren didn't he? He eventually lost but that's like rookie 1 holding off vader junior while miss skywalker is knocked out

Didn't the "there's been a awakening" line come before Rey was captured? I thought/hope that it was refering to Finn and not Rey (yet)

Finally saw the movie too. Can finally read stuff on the internet again. Was nice!

Didn't the "there's been a awakening" line come before Rey was captured? I thought/hope that it was refering to Finn and not Rey (yet)

Both Rey and Finn had their own training so it sorta makes sense they have some idea how to use the Sabers.

zeemumu

Alright guys I saw Episode VII. Overall I thought it was pretty good movie

I will admit that
a lot of it is essentially a remake of A New Hope. Not necessarily a bad thing because I think it does a lot of those things better than A New Hope.

On the subject of
Finn, when you guys were talking about lack of screentime, I thought you meant a lot less than he actually did. Although it seems pretty clear that Rey has a bigger role. Even so, for a non-force user with absolutely no lightsaber training, he held his own pretty well. Most people with no training and no force sensitivity dismember themselves immediately.

I kinda guessed that Han Solo would get killed. Kylo Ren can't just heel turn and Harrison Ford wanted out.

I also have a question:
Han's son being dark side is lifted from the EU, right? But Han also had two kids, a son and a daughter. So Rey is Han's daughter, right? And if that's the case, does that mean that she's gonna get trained by Boba Fett to take out Kylo, right?

Favorite line:
"We'll use the Force."

"...That's not how the Force works!"

Kreed

On the subject of
Finn, when you guys were talking about lack of screentime, I thought you meant a lot less than he actually did. Although it seems pretty clear that Rey has a bigger role. Even so, for a non-force user with absolutely no lightsaber training, he held his own pretty well. Most people with no training and no force sensitivity dismember themselves immediately.

Not really a spoiler but I'll block it to prevent anyone from highlighting your post.

Yes, you were right in what they meant. Before the movie came out, they were discussing spoilers from the spoiler thread that were false. Ex: One of the spoilers mentioned that he was in a coma for the majority of the movie and that the robot had more screen time than he did. None of it was true and he was definitely the co-star of this film.

TheFlow

Banned
Saw force awakens 8/10

Kylo ren is zuko and Rey is aang.

Finn was what made the film awesome and pairs well with Rey. He didn't get jobbed at all and still has a good chance with Rey.

Spoilers involving Rey
i highly doubt she is a skywalker because no way would they leave their own child in a dessert with no supervision or someone watching from afar.

Spoilers involving Finn
finn could easily become sensitive to the force after he wakes up because the man has potential

Slayven

I always feels wrong when there is a thread about "I don't think so so looks attractive" and folks posts a bunch of ass out picks.

zeemumu

Saw force awakens 8/10

Kylo ren is zuko and Rey is aang.

Finn was what made the film awesome and pairs well with Rey. He didn't get jobbed at all and still has a good chance with Rey.

Spoilers involving Rey
i highly doubt she is a skywalker because no way would they leave their own child in a dessert with no supervision or someone watching from afar.

Spoilers involving Finn
finn could easily become sensitive to the force after he wakes up because the man has potential

I think Rey's a Solo.

And Daniel Craig did a great job.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Yeah a week ago he was talking about "black peoiple need to support each other"
I'll show support for the black girls (yes, girls) he molested. Or does their blackness not count in his eyes?

I am reaching peak FOH with everyone and everything as 2015 comes to a close.

Top Bottom