• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

akira28

Reading the black women thread, did this dude try and equate saying I don't like Chinese food to saying black women aren't hot?

dat privilege, black women are like food that you avoid, and no one can make you eat it

people are props to enrich your life and make your world more interesting. the world is your oyster, white free and 21,etc.

Order shrimp lo mein and get 5 shrimps smh
I know Chinese restaurants been fucking up lately, though they were always on some bullshit whenever it came to shrimp. Place with the biggest wings in town now got these little ass drumettes.

Came here after that thread because I needed to see some people agreeing with me. They just don't get it, huh?

Anyways

I know the Bahamas has a high reputation as a vacation spot, but what's it like to live there?

Africanus

Battlefront may be the only shooter I hype comptive in
It pretty fun
Alrighty cool, guess I'll pick it up today.

It's a solid game with its only real flaws being that there aren't that many maps and it single player is more or less just the tutorial.

If you just want to go online and fly ships and shoot stuff and you don't mind the limited map selection then I say go for it.

And about Uncharted: I don't know if they fix it in the remaster but in the first game those jet ski levels are nearly unplayable.
I'm guessing maps will be added in the future.

Also I suppose they did as I didn't struggle with that section too much.

zeemumu

Bish can you do me a favor? I have to take a gambit and I don't want to be distracted by GAF. Can you ban me for about a month?

zeemumu

who am I going to talk about star wars with now!?

tumblr_inline_n4uqwwRRwt1qft9oc.gif

Bish can you do me a favor? I have to take a gambit and I don't want to be distracted by GAF. Can you ban me for about a month?

tell him through PM's or other mod, can't always count on our police to see it

i know you got woke from my Star Wars 7 explanation/recap and need to decompress your brain

I just wish more people could be honest about not caring about racism. Does homophobia get the same "educate, don't punish" treatment? Does sexism? And it's always the same people, spouting the same lines.

Lurkers, feel free to relay this to your friends.

Slayven

Bendis might get shit on but he made Luke Cage what he is.

I just wish more people could be honest about not caring about racism. Does homophobia get the same "educate, don't punish" treatment? Does sexism? And it's always the same people, spouting the same lines.

I want to know to, cause it always seem like racists have to be hugged and coddled by the opressed

ReiGun

People care, but only enough to prove they personally are not racist. And of course, to make sure they don't have to do anything.

Quintin Tarantino almost made a Luke Cage movie fam.... Think about what it could have been

It would have been straight blaxsploitation. QT would have cameoed as the doc who gives Cage the serum, or as a pimp.

And he'd set a record for number of N-words in a movie.

He'd make an excellent Deadpool director

Deadpool doesn't cuss enough for Tarentino, though those monologues /would/ be...interesting.

zeemumu

Before I post on the digital copy thread I figured I'll hook yall up with digital copy codes. PM me and on the subject line copy and paste the title from the list. First come first served. This list will be here until 7 PM EST. Afterwards I'll erase this post and announce the rest on the digital copy thread. Keep this in mind these are US only codes.

Furious 7 Extended Edition

Disney's Aladdin

Marvel's Antman

Spy

San Andreas

Jupiter Ascending

The Lego Movie

Dragon Ball Z Resurrection F

Good luck

I'd ask for Aladdin but I don't know if I'll be banned before I can get the code

SNL needs to have thier opening skit when thier back. Where Steve Harvey is doing the DNC debate in the style of Miss Universe. And end it with "Live from New York it's MadTV"

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I know the Bahamas has a high reputation as a vacation spot, but what's it like to live there?

Tourists come and go as they please, and the tourist experience is really sheltered(?) I guess. Locals have to deal with the high crime rate, it's hot all the time, the government is really corrupt (i.e. they started a sales tax at the beginning of the year and it's been hard getting used to and they said it's "to pay off the national debt" but we haven't seen any of that yet and they're trying to start a national health insurance on Jan 1, but we know literally nothing about it), and you can get in trouble for illegal dentistry
which he was doing to help victims of Hurricane Joaquin
, and we can't always do to the beach, despite what everyone thinks (the weather isn't perfect 100% of the time).

Other than that, it's nice. The beaches aren't overrated at all, and the marine life is even better. Each island is unique and though I haven't been to all the main ones yet, it's on my list. The people are friendly and food is always great.

That's it really, haha. Sorry for the mini essay lol

Tourists come and go as they please, and the tourist experience is really sheltered(?) I guess. Locals have to deal with the high crime rate, it's hot all the time, the government is really corrupt (i.e. they started a sales tax at the beginning of the year and it's been hard getting used to and they said it's "to pay off the national debt" but we haven't seen any of that yet and they're trying to start a national health insurance on Jan 1, but we know literally nothing about it), and you can get in trouble for illegal dentistry
, and we can't always do to the beach, despite what everyone thinks (the weather isn't perfect 100% of the time).

Other than that, it's nice. The beaches aren't overrated at all, and the marine life is even better. Each island is unique and though I haven't been to all the main ones yet, it's on my list. The people are friendly and food is always great.

I figured it was pretty bad. Sounds like shit I heard about Jamaica. I don't much of shit about Bahamas. What's the dominant language and what's the experience being black there? Is the majority black?

I figured it was pretty bad. Sounds like shit I heard about Jamaica. I don't much of shit about Bahamas. What's the dominant language and what's the experience being black there? Is the majority black?

Official language is English, but most Bahamians speak the local dialect, which is sort of like... an English creole? Here's a good example with translations after each part. The vast majority of people here are black (80+%), so it's the norm here. I'm actually mixed lol, so I can't really speak for just being black. That said, a lot of people in high ranked positions, especially in large, private companies are white.

Africanus

Forgot to say, welcome!

That's a neat little write up.

Top Bottom