• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Official language is English, but most Bahamians speak the local dialect, which is sort of like... an English creole? Here's a good example with translations after each part. The vast majority of people here are black (80+%), so it's the norm here. I'm actually mixed lol, so I can't really speak for just being black. That said, a lot of people in high ranked positions, especially in large, private companies are white.

Gosh damn it!

Thanks for educating me. I'm also curious, what's your favorite video game franchise?

Gosh damn it!

Thanks for educating me. I'm also curious, what's your favorite video game franchise?

No problem!

My favourite series is the Legend of Zelda and Wind Waker is my favourite video game of all time, hands down. It has a lot of personal meaning for me; it was something I played and my sister watched me play, so it was bonding time for us, and it also helped me when my anxiety first started. I play it once every couple years or so, haha. OoT was the first game I remember playing (or watching my Dad play anyways lol). There are a couple of the older games that I still need to get around to playing still, but yep, that's my answer.

No problem!

My favourite series is the Legend of Zelda and Wind Waker is my favourite video game of all time, hands down. It has a lot of personal meaning for me; it was something I played and my sister watched me play, so it was bonding time for us, and it also helped me when my anxiety first started. I play it once every couple years or so, haha. OoT was the first game I remember playing (or watching my Dad play anyways lol). There are a couple of the older games that I still need to get around to playing still, but yep, that's my answer.

Oh cool. Legend of Zelda is pretty cool. I've yet to play Wind Waker though, but I plan to. I played Oracle of Seasons this year, but I got distracted by Pokemon and when I went back I found that traversing to the next couple dungeons to be a bit too obtuse. I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to finishing it. Out of the 3 I've played Majora's Mask is my favorite.

My personal favorite series is Final Fantasy. Started with IX and fell in love ever since. Despite it being my favorite though I still haven't played XIII due to the backlash when it dropped. I'll judge it for myself whenever I can afford a new PS3.

D i Z

So is 2016 the year that we finally get to gather at Slayven's joint to watch a white mans burden movie marathon? Obviously holding privilege is difficult. Codes are openly discussed, and people are having a really hard time coming up with new ones in this politically correct time that we're all saddled with. Maybe if we understood how good things actually were in decades past, and why we need to go back...

I'm just saying. The burden is ours. Maybe take the time to educate ourselves on how to excu... understand the struggle and plight of our overlor... neighbors. At the very least, it's something that we can all dedicate time to while we wait for that right time to bring concerns to the table of social consciousness.

Also, Chris Pine hits his emotional range by holding his breath until he turns blue. Dude has it down.

Slayven

A BCT meet is my dream, I swear I want it so bad.

If I ever hit the powerball I will make it happen. I would even buy sub and Kaep a ticket. I am sure JC would cash in the ticket for a greyhound and pocket the rest.

Oh cool. Legend of Zelda is pretty cool. I've yet to play Wind Waker though, but I plan to. I played Oracle of Seasons this year, but I got distracted by Pokemon and when I went back I found that traversing to the next couple dungeons to be a bit too obtuse. I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to finishing it. Out of the 3 I've played Majora's Mask is my favorite.

My personal favorite series is Final Fantasy. Started with IX and fell in love ever since. Despite it being my favorite though I still haven't played XIII due to the backlash when it dropped. I'll judge it for myself whenever I can afford a new PS3.

I played about halfway through Link's Awakening last year, but didn't get the chance to finish it, I think because of the same reason you had with OoS. Majora's Mask is pretty good, but I actually haven't played through it completely either because it was too scary for me as a kid lol. I have MM3D now though, so hopefully.

I've only played FF3 (on DS), and I watched a playthrough of FF XIII (I loved it) but I'd love to play some others some time!

TheFlow

Banned
So is 2016 the year that we finally get to gather at Slayven's joint to watch a white mans burden movie marathon? Obviously holding privilege is difficult. Codes are openly discussed, and people are having a really hard time coming up with new ones in this politically correct time that we're all saddled with. Maybe if we understood how good things actually were in decades past, and why we need to go back...

I'm just saying. The burden is ours. Maybe take the time to educate ourselves on how to excu... understand the struggle and plight of our overlor... neighbors. At the very least, it's something that we can all dedicate time to while we wait for that right time to bring concerns to the table of social consciousness.

Also, Chris Pine hits his emotional range by holding his breath until he turns blue. Dude has it down.
I am surprised the BCT doesn't have a Skype or something

If I win the lotto I'll have a meet up, all you can eat poisoned chicken

f935e4c71dc96c9e2906d6cbcf84739dee41c677ed1f3db0dea51b7a2d4504a9.jpg

D i Z

He ain't wrong. We're about to hit a weird period in time where younger folk aren't going to know who she is, and it makes me cry a little on the inside.

For the record, there should never have been an onscreen Ororo Munroe not played by Angela. That shit was then, and still is a crime.

TheFlow

Banned
Yo I just read that Steve Harvey got invited back to host the miss universe pageant. Like I was telling my ma this slip up made him more famous

It was straight up terrible. Like literally nothing there worth redeeming.

For those unaware, here are a few covers:

51iQa5SgAEL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I remember seeing the spine of this in the library the other day and having just finished watching Jessica Jones, I wanted to give Luke Cage a shot (I couldn't find Alias), but then I saw the cover...and flipped through....who actually thought this shit was a good idea?!

Had a "friend" try to play Devil's Advocate for the Confederate General in The Hateful 8. He also played Devil's Advocate for the Columbine Shooters in High School & got in trouble for it, you'd think he'd realize that he's incredibly bad at picking which side to defend.

Village

Had a "friend" try to play Devil's Advocate for the Confederate General in The Hateful 8. He also played Devil's Advocate for the Columbine Shooters in High School & got in trouble for it, you'd think he'd realize that he's incredibly bad at picking which side to defend.

Ok I havent seen hateful 8, what has terintino done?

How can someone not like this dude. He is proud to be black has great taste in women and just a good guy all around. I'll watch Star Wars just to support this man.

I loved his interview on Sway in the Morning. He showed love by saying "I've been watching your videos for a long time now, and now I'm honored to be sitting here."

Then they were like "wow really, what was your favorite interview?"

and with no hesitation "YOU AINT GOT THE ANSWERS SWAY!!!!!" 😂😂

A BCT meet is my dream, I swear I want it so bad.

If I ever hit the powerball I will make it happen. I would even buy sub and Kaep a ticket. I am sure JC would cash in the ticket for a greyhound and pocket the rest.

I'm not going to GA to meet you. I'll tell JC to meet me in Austin and we can go hit on white-Hispanic hipster chicks.

Top Bottom