• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nothing you guys didn't know but as I already knew wow To Pimp A Butterfly is such a good album.

Randomly discovered Kendrick did a music video for "These Walls" and after seeing it had to put the album back on.

Just wanted to say that is all.

D i Z

What's wrong with it exactly?

Well, one could say that he was "obsessed" with women overcoming the oppression of men in particular, black men over coming the oppression and taking something back from white men in particular, Jewish and freedom fighters taking revenge and overcoming the oppression of more white men. But it's easier to hang that "obsession" word out there and never give it a second thought. Take a contemporary example of a black human being outside of Jackie Brown and see how all of this fits. That's what's wrong with it. Exactly.

Edit for clarification.

Mizerman

the crazy part he been fighting it since 96

Oh, I know. You would think that after going through that previously, you would make sure to avoid that. That's like an unavoidable L waiting to happen.

The IRS don't fuck around. If/when they want that green, they will get it.

Merry xmas.

So Hammer is going to have to put the thong back on, huh?

...Thanks for the unwanted image, bruh.

TheFlow

Banned
Just leting BCT know that IMAGE comics is having a huge sale of 4,000+ comics on comicxology till Jan 3. So at least check it out and wishlist some stuff.

Kreed

I'd typically agree with this point, but I don't think this works with Tarantino. He has an extremely distinct and noticeable writing style, especially in terms of the way his characters talk. It doesn't matter what gender, race, genre or historical era his characters inhabit - his characters all generally "speak" the same as far as their vocal mannerisms, cadence and vocabulary are concerned. It's no coincidence that this is the way he actually speaks in real life. He's one of the few screenwriters you can literally hear through the characters to an almost distracting extent. I could pick up a script without knowing Tarantino had written and tell you within 2 pages that he had written it. I don't think you get that with JJ Abrams. I just don't think you can separate the art from the artist in this case.

I love blaxploitation as much as the next person, but I can't get down with someone whose entire viewpoint of black characters seems to exclusively be lifted from one of the most ignorant and hypermasculine periods in cinema for black characters.

Edit: Here's a video of all usages of the word nigger by Tarantino: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5REfYPlGJk It's 18 minutes long. Just sayin'

I don't watch enough Tarantino to notice what you're describing while watching his movies but I definitely believe you based on what I know about Tarantino. That said, when I see that video you posted and see Samuel L Jackson or Ving Rhames saying the N word, it just doesn't register as a problem unless I "think" about Tarantino writing it. It's when Tarantino and other white actors in the video say the word that my mind goes "Database Error. The database has encountered a problem".

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
looks like I'm dick riding but I actually just watched the video in the edit and realized I've never seen true romance. Gonna fix that on this winter break. vid actually had the opposite effect on me lol.

BigDes

just finished teaching my last lesson before Christmas.

Man but Chinese kids love their junk food, also watchong their foreign teacher eat their crazy junkfood. Mustard seaweed is amazing.

Anyway early yet but hope you all have or are already having an excellent Christmas.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Steven Universe has so many likable characters.

Also, am I wrong in thinking Garnet is the best Gem?

Steven Universe has so many likable characters.

Also, am I wrong in thinking Garnet is the best Gem?

You'd be wrong in thinking anything else
G5YWNbl.png

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
not a huge fan of the show but pearl has had a lot of character development lately that made me hate her less.

But yup it's amethyst and Garnet all day.

shagia

so i've been out in LA enjoying my time regardless of not being able to meet with a couple of friends i know out here, but i have to break my gaf silence to talk about a burning matter

I saw a Taco Bell & KFC combination right next door to a Burger King.

What is this? What is this madness? What is this fast food witchcraft I spotted while being driven back from a go kart track?

Who said this was okay?

so i've been out in LA enjoying my time regardless of not being able to meet with a couple of friends i know out here, but i have to break my gaf silence to talk about a burning matter

What is this? What is this madness? What is this fast food witchcraft I spotted while being driven back from a go kart track?

Who said this was okay?

Parent company is the same.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Who said this was okay?

Its common. Theres also combos with pizza hut and long john silvers too.

harSon

Banned

Who said this was okay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8ViYIeH04

So watching Star Wars and before the movie starts I'm greeted by this trailer

http://youtu.be/hZ7UWjRYcfs

http://imgur.com/VtO8rAQ.jpg[/img
[img]http://imgur.com/lV3PRke.jpg[/img

.........nah bruv. Bout to cause a fuss[/QUOTE]

they know their audience. just like Yokai Watch beat out SW7

old dude rocking them long dreads in one shot

[URL="http://krbnu.tumblr.com/post/135814946168/kespa-responds-to-kocca-pro-gamer-salary-data-10"]KESPA out here finally throwing out some numbers for E-sports salaries[/URL]
The actual average salary is $57,717 for League of Legends and $39,106 for StarCraft II. There are 10 players in League of Legends who receive a salary of over $85,229.
The average salary for KeSPA registered corporation founded professional eSports players is estimated to be $68,189 for League of Legends and over $42,604 for StarCraft II players. nvm they didn't even use all the players in the Korean scene and left out bigger named people seemily randomly

Young Magus

I blame DY for this.

And LOL @ the bootleg Star Wars uniforms during the actual Star Wars movie.

Struggle times yo, the empire about the MC Hammer life.

Also, ya'll want some steam codes for king of fighters 98UM and 2K2UM and/or Eshop codes for Animal Crossing HHD?

Top Bottom