• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Trey

Got massive duck'd last night. Had a blast playing Smash with friends.

I don't get hangovers so much as I wake up apprehensive to check my messages, on some "hope I didn't send nothing too wild last night" type shit.

The answer is C: "Ha"

Sensible chuckle.

akira28

Bet if you put a lightsaber in his hand, he falls apart then catches on fire.

bet they made his hand so it won't even hold the lightsaber.

He can only hold force maces and storm trooper blasters. once you try to snap a saber into his hand, the little plastic molded thumb actually falls off, and then he can't hold anything.

Dinner starts at 1PM

it's 1:30PM and we just finished cooking.

only people in the house woke up here, nobody else arrived yet.

CPT

enjoy Dinner fam, whenever it gets served....

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Whatever Kwanzaa is.

Kwanzaa (/ˈkwɑːn.zə/) is a week-long celebration held in the United States and in other nations of the Western African diaspora in the Americas. The celebration honors African heritage in African-American culture, and is observed from December 26 to January 1, culminating in a feast and gift-giving.[1] Kwanzaa has seven core principles (Nguzo Saba). It was created by Maulana Karenga, and was first celebrated in 1966–67.

google the goat

Shy

holidays are stupid but you know have fun whatever
Happy Holidays, BCT!
IgRwkif.jpg
Happy holidays
Merry Christmas. Happy Kwanzaa lmao
Murry Chrimuh
Merry Christmas, y'all.
Aye ya'll

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Assorted Equivalents
Happy Holidays Fam...probably gonna see Creed or see Star Wars again.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Whatever Kwanzaa is.
Happy Holidays y'all. Still on vacation, probably won't post much till mid-January.
Happy birthday to me
Merry Christmas! That's all folks.
You too Fam. <3
JCOY4OW.gif

Got massive duck'd last night. Had a blast playing Smash with friends.

I don't get hangovers so much as I wake up apprehensive to check my messages, on some "hope I didn't send nothing too wild last night" type shit.

Sensible chuckle.

Hey now, I get hangovers because of age but I still retain my memories.

harSon

Banned
I hate discussing beloved nerd franchises. When people latch onto them, it's almost like they're perfection incarnate with absolutely no blemishes. Everything can be explained away.

I hate discussing beloved nerd franchises. When people latch onto them, it's almost like they're perfection incarnate with absolutely no blemishes. Everything can be explained away.

It's why I don't bother discussing FF4/6 and God Hand here anymore. Nobody wants to admit that they're not as good as they think, and I don't even hate the games.

shagia

Happy holidays, yall! I bought myself NFS2015 for $30 a few days ago and I'm actually real disappointed by it, yet it legitimately feels like the right step in terms of NFS games.

I hope none of you fell victim to the Steam DDOSing.

shagia

What's disappointing you about it?

tldr: Poor driving mechanics, disapproval of online only functions / Internet woes, "spike please shut the hell up", but manages to still be redeemable through its scope of enjoyable no catches street racing and vast customization

im so happy that you asked!
A number of things, from the driving model, the characters / presentation, to the "online game" functions.

To start off, the driving model is just.....odd. A real 'try hard' attempt to an arcade style racer kinda, I honestly feel it's the worst in the NFS series. Driving feels incredibly slippery no matter the weather / road environment, it's very slippery and late, yet 'forced'. I mention that it's forced because there's this odd feeling that your car slightly sticks to the driving line (that you cannot turn off) during drifting or power sliding no matter what which is what I noticed after playing a drift event with 8 cars on a one way one lane freeway entry with cop cars getting stuck around the area featuring traffic. Because it just feels like the same thing every car, it just doesn't make sense and it feels weird to drive that way, even when adapting to it.

Drifting feels a lot worse than the last games, even with the 'drift assist' off, but it's a fair mechanic after getting used to it. Your car tends to stop controlling after drifting too which I guess is a fair mechanic. Drifting / power sliding is honestly something you NEED to take advantage of in this game because other CPU does too, so tuning your car for grip is rather a pointless thing to do, it'll hold you back from what I've experienced.

The online function rather fucks up the game IMO, that's where its main problems stand for me. What truly fucks me up the most about the online only game is that your single player races can be easily screwed up by your connection to the servers, from the beginning of the race to the end. Although at home, I have a very nice connection, it's not the same at my fathers home in LA. There's been plenty of times where races have started and because information wasn't received in time, it stalls the race, causing you and the CPU to go to a stand still until it gets whatever information it needs to actually run this race. I'm not sure what it could be, but it's a pain when it happens.

Another thing I've noticed during races is that checkpoints won't update sometimes. If you're speeding down a freeway or wherever, and your checkpoints don't update, and you get to a point where your driving line ends, the CPU racers will ebrake and do a 180 to the last checkpoint, and you won't be able to see the next checkpoint. One more situation I've noticed plenty of times is the same thing, but for the finish line. It's only happened two times, but that same thing will happen, except when I hit the finish line, there's this weird one minute hang, and I get DCd from the servers.

I think the online only factor won't matter when I get home to a better connection, but it's a shame that they made this an online only game basically, and I feel bad for those with poor connections who buy this game and decide to play it online.

One more thing that doesn't matter at all: I hate the main characters.

I don't know if I'm a hateful person, but the way these characters act.....makes me feel so judgmental.....especially Spike. Spike makes me feel SOOOOOO bothered. How he gets so unreasonably jealous over you, his usage of 'bae', the cockiness....I can't tell if he's supposed to be relatable or if you're legitimately supposed to think "wow, this guy is very bothersome." I've never felt so much negative emotion towards a video game character, so I'm more just thinking "am I wrong? Or right?"

Everything else beyond this just doesn't matter, it's a very redeemable game though.
It's very obvious Ghost Games looked back at the history of NFS and decided to bring back one of the more loved features of the series but to a whole 'nother level of love and detail: customization. There's plenty of choices between the cars that you can buy in the game, and the wrap editor is just lovely. Plus, I'm happy that it's back to just straight up street racing with no catches, a la Carbon, Underground series, etc.

I still try to forget NFS Unleashed ever existed.

Slayven

Try fans recongizes love it, warts and all.

I love Spiderman but i will admit the 90s were rough and OMD could have been better.
It's why I don't bother discussing FF4/6 and God Hand here anymore. Nobody wants to admit that they're not as good as they think, and I don't even hate the games.

God Hand was the worse game I ever played on the PS2.

Sou Da

Try fans recongizes love it, warts and all.

I love Spiderman but i will admit the 90s were rough and OMD could have been better.

God Hand was the worse game I ever played on the PS2.

That's putting it fucking lightly, don't you think?

OMD should've been about letting go of Aunt May's old ass before she had a chance to go back to her high school reunion with Apocalypse.

That's putting it fucking lightly, don't you think?

OMD should've been about letting go of Aunt May's old ass before she had a chance to go back to her high school reunion with Apocalypse.

It's silly how many people couldn't help Aunt May in the first place lol. Nigga the Sorcerer Supreme couldn't help? FOH.

Sou Da

Look at how many people just sat there and watched Steve Rogers bleed out into the gutter

It's silly how many people couldn't help Aunt May in the first place lol. Nigga the Sorcerer Supreme couldn't help? FOH.

They both lived for far too long. That could be a Marvel event to be honest, Villain taking people with artificially extended lives.

EDIT: Who the fuck is this woman that just destroyed Spooky Black?

shingi70

Banned
Upon my second viewing I'm not sure if I love Hux for leaning into the Nazi thing or thinking he's uber lame.

Fin X Poe is interesting. They're screaming for a TV series where they solve mysteries but BB8 does most of the work.

Upon my second viewing I'm not sure if I love Hux for leaning into the Nazi thing or thinking he's uber lame.

Fin X Poe is interesting. They're screaming for a TV series where they solve mysteries but BB8 does most of the work.

The main three are dope in general
funny how Poe is the one who got shafted

Anita is brilliant and such a frustrating movie. Clarence Thomas is scum for not only his actions but for using the struggle as a bludgeon to minimize and silence Anita Hill. And I felt like I could put my fist through the face of some of the people on that committee.

Top Bottom