• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

ReiGun

So how was yall's Christmas?

Pretty boring. My family isn't big on holidays. We exchanged gifts, ate breakfast, then went our separate ways. Nephew is with his dad, lil sis is with her bf, and the rest of us have been in bed all day. I ordered Chinese.

Slayven

Pretty boring. My family isn't big on holidays. We exchanged gifts, ate breakfast, then went our separate ways. Nephew is with his dad, lil sis is with her bf, and the rest of us have been in bed all day. I ordered Chinese.

Damn we related?

Pretty much the same, except I fried some chicken and french fries.

Been on my feet since 7 AM cooking. Went to lunch 2 hours late and was hangry and moody at everyone around me. Ate cold food. Finally sat down to play Chrono Trigger for the first time and get hit with sudden bad feels/sadness.

So it could have been better. I got $100 though so I guess it wasn't all bad.

Village

It's why I don't bother discussing FF4/6 and God Hand here anymore. Nobody wants to admit that they're not as good as they think, and I don't even hate the games.
But God hand is fucking great though, love that combo system.
Ff6 sucked but it's not worse than ff1 or 2

Yo, I don't think ff6 is is the best ff. I think the next 6 ff's,poetically enough, stomp on it. But I don't think it sucks. Though I find it odd that people complain that lightning is unfeeling, then claim to like terra.

pretty good.

2uQPE8o.jpg

LionPride

Banned
There were no kids out today. It was weird. It was 60 degrees today, you'd expect to see more kids out. Then again I live somewhere where all the kids are like 6 and stay inside unless it's summer.

Christmas for me was fine, got one more Christmas until I'm in college...Jesus.

Bajan32

Just wanted to say I hope that you and your families all had a great Christmas wherever and whomever you spent it with.

Dont post in here but i lurk all the time. just wanted to drop in and send my best

Village

I've already repeated my stance and gripes with God Hand ad nauseum, so you can search for them if you wanna know.

Here's the thing though, I can completely understand if you don't like it.

God hand has to be the stiffest , most awkward combo system ever. Either you it works for you or it doesn't. Whatever criticism you have I probably understand it . I enjoy how wonkey and weird it is, because I believe its very much purposeful, its apart of that weird ass world that he made. This is the dude, who made re4, and knows and worked with kamiya, he problably could have made a more dmc-ish game if he wanted. But everything feels, jokey? The stiffest of his moves, down to his bizzare stuff ass running animation . To me makes it clear its weird on purpose, and also when you explore the combat system, there is a lot of dept to it and you can do a lot of shit. But you have to be willing to engadge.

That's said, i'm not blaming you if you don't wanna engage, I completely understand.

It was okay. My family seems to be growing even farther apart. At Thanksgiving a chunk of my cousins had their own thing at their house and they did it again at Christmas. We usually go together to my aunt's, but this time it was just me, my mother, and lil brother. Older brother didn't come. Felt pretty much like any other day.

I'm disappointed with the distance being created. I hope I'll have something to look forward to one of these days.

JLynn

Spent part of it sleeping in with the fiancée, another part listening to Retronauts, and a third cooking dinner.

Not bad. We all had our presents earlier this month (Fiancée with her serger, and me with my MP-10 Masterpiece Convoy, and my Jackie Chan blurays.).

I did see F is for Family on Netflix. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should sums up the show.

I had Popeyes for the first time in a few years a couple days ago.

Who on earth considers their Spicy chicken actually "Spicy" ? So disappointed.

Sch1sm

So with all this steam shenanigans, is there any way to check if my account has been compromised. ?

It probably hasn't been. Still, I'd do a few things right now:

1. Remove your payment info.
2. Check your email associated with your Steam account to see if anyone "tried" to access it during this time by logging into their own accounts.
3. Add SteamGuard if you haven't already.

Odds are it hasn't been compromised, because it was all just a case of cached info.

Decatur. Lil east of Atl

Damn you're close.

So day after Christmas, I still see this chick on my fb (big surprise) campaigning against it. Yesterday she was like why don't we celebrate kawanza and let the white people celebrate Christmas. Today she was posting Frederick Douglass saying how he thought the holiday was a tool of oppression for slaves.

I just can't...

Imm0rt4l

Damn you're close.

So day after Christmas, I still see this chick on my fb (big surprise) campaigning against it. Yesterday she was like why don't we celebrate kawanza and let the white people celebrate Christmas. Today she was posting Frederick Douglass saying how he thought the holiday was a tool of oppression for slaves.

I just can't...
Not trying to be an edgelord, but I can't say I disagree with it opressive bit. Religion is joined at the hip with subjugation, that can't really be disputed. But it's a believers right to believe what they choose to. Also Kwanzaa isn't even a real holiday, the fuck I wanna celebrate that for. Christmas is practically secular anyways, nothing to dwell on imo.

Not trying to be an edgelord, but I can't say I disagree with it opressive bit. Religion is joined at the hip with subjugation, that can't really be disputed. But it's a believers right to believe what they choose to. Also Kwanzaa isn't even a real holiday, the fuck I wanna celebrate that for. Christmas is practically secular anyways, nothing to dwell on imo.

Well yeah I agree but that's taking Douglass out of context though. Their point is more Christmas was used as a tool of oppression no reason black people should celebrate it now when honestly there's no solid reason not to do so now like there was then besides personal beliefs.

Imm0rt4l

Well yeah I agree but that's taking Douglass out of context though. Their point is more Christmas was used as a tool of oppression no reason black people should celebrate it now when honestly there's no solid reason not to do so now like there was then besides personal beliefs.
Right. I'm just saying it's not worth being totally dismissive about. It's a lot more nuanced than black people shouldn't celebrate christmas since there is some merit to what was quoted.

Right. I'm just saying it's not worth being totally dismissive about. It's a lot more nuanced than black people shouldn't celebrate christmas since there is some merit to what was quoted.

That's not really my issue though. It's that high horse they're on. Like literally comparing themselves to BLM shutting down malls.

Top Bottom