• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

welp, saving this

tumblr_nz22ei8RZP1s9rx9zo1_400.jpg

Mizerman

Oh yeah...it's that guy again. Says some of the most foolish things at times, then try to play the victim when called out.

My childhood friend was killed last night, he was wielding a BB gun and cops shot him down :(. (It's a fucked up world these days when I was shocked to learn it was an officer-involved shooting, because he was white)

Dude was getting his life together too, smh.

Jeez....

Damn. Sorry to hear about that, man.

Malyse

You've got to be fucking shitting me.

No spoilers, but I'm fighting the end boss of Xenoblade X, right? And I lose, mainly because I completely run out of fuel. So I wait a bit to let the refuel happen, charge back in on Skell to fight again. Same deal: ass has been beaten. Turns out fucker has a fuel drain move. Total bullshit, yeah? Plus, you can't just back out: gameplay story segregation means your ass is there to the finish it you reload a save (and good fucking luck if you save in the wrong spot). So I'm like, fuck it. I'm not even gonna mount the mech for the third try. Ima rush in and fight the whole fight on the ground, cause

1. Skell will keep refueling the whole time I'm on the ground, and
2. If you lose enough times they drop the difficulty level.

And as a back up plan, I set all my optional soul voices to refuel. I set the same voice three times so I can get some damned fuel. So round three, ya know? Now, I'm not gonna just throw the match; I'll give it a shot and see how far I can go.

I wipe the floor with the motherfucker. It took me longer to type this than it did to finish 'em off. I stock up TP and do virtually the whole fight in overdrive. Son of a bitch.

Guess I'm stronger than I thought.

RedSwirl

I don't know about San Japan, but that shit you see behind that guy is front and center in Otakon's dealer's hall.

On the flipside though, skimming through the video, the kind of people interviewed make me think whoever made this video was cherrypicking pretty hard. Again, I don't know about San Japan, but that selection of interviewees isn't at all representative of what I see at Otakon, especially last year.

Basically, Otakon 2015 was black as fuck. It actually has been as long as I've been going, and I think at least part of it is Baltimore locals, maybe the presence of Otakon has helped spread anime locally, but it felt particularly notable this past year. Multiple outlets even did articles on it. Even saw a pretty good number of hijabs there too. In full cosplay. In 2017 it's moving to DC.

royalan

Can someone explain to me what the big deal is with this Odell Beckham Jr. boy? I mean, he fine and all, but why is everyone so damn concerned about his sexuality?

Celeb gay rumors are nothing new, but I've never seen it go this deep.

You've got to be fucking shitting me.

No spoilers, but I'm fighting the end boss of Xenoblade X, right? And I lose, mainly because I completely run out of fuel. So I wait a bit to let the refuel happen, charge back in on Skell to fight again. Same deal: ass has been beaten. Turns out fucker has a fuel drain move. Total bullshit, yeah? Plus, you can't just back out: gameplay story segregation means your ass is there to the finish it you reload a save (and good fucking luck if you save in the wrong spot). So I'm like, fuck it. I'm not even gonna mount the mech for the third try. Ima rush in and fight the whole fight on the ground, cause

1. Skell will keep refueling the whole time I'm on the ground, and
2. If you lose enough times they drop the difficulty level.

And as a back up plan, I set all my optional soul voices to refuel. I set the same voice three times so I can get some damned fuel. So round three, ya know? Now, I'm not gonna just throw the match; I'll give it a shot and see how far I can go.

I wipe the floor with the motherfucker. It took me longer to type this than it did to finish 'em off. I stock up TP and do virtually the whole fight in overdrive. Son of a bitch.

Guess I'm stronger than I thought.

I just figured it was automatic to have you fight on foot, so I did. Did you have your levels/gear tight?

cdyhybrid

Can someone explain to me what the big deal is with this Odell Beckham Jr. boy? I mean, he fine and all, but why is everyone so damn concerned about his sexuality?

General sports fanaticism, he's been in the news recently for some on-field antics, and he plays in NYC.

They need to know if they can get his hand skills on thier dick

Trey

Odell rocketed to superstardom faster than any athlete in recent memory. We're talking the full social media assault. You couldn't go on any site without hearing about or seeing his catch for a week. He's probably the most visible athlete in the NFL: kids wearing his hair style, on a bunch of magazine covers, Madden cover, the works. So he has a huge spotlight on his name. And when he does unorthodox stuff, people notice it more readily.

Problem is recently he's getting a reputation for being a head case on the field. Throws punches, committing illegal headshots. So recently it has been a negative cycle in the news for him, which garners even further negative response to his antics off the field.

There hasn't really been a case like Odell before. Dude needs to stop acting like a ho on the field, though.

andthebeatgoeson

OBJ, which always makes me want to say odb, is just getting shade because of typical reasons. On one side, the NFL will still have trouble accepting a gay player, like most major professional sports leagues in this country. And many black people are still hung up on who's gay.

It's like a combo cycle of fuckery. It's like when we start talking about horses eating certain types of chicken. I can't really abide by spotted horses eating KFC. Just an abomination unto the Lord.

Top Bottom