• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

Was Hillary vs Obama this bad or no? I wasn't around for that
Hillary's campaign was absolutely ugly. It was really fucking gross.

The infighting amongst supporters might not seem that bad. But its just a shit ton more worse on gaf. Hilldawg has her online enclaves that were probably equally as shitty as gaf or worse (hillaryis44). I think the white male zeal just makes it that much worse on neogaf. The side with the most ardent supporters this time is really fucking insufferable. But I try not to let that affect my thoughts on the candidates.

Gattsu25

Banned
This is an actual image of a rally for a candidate that is sometimes (aptly, IMO) compared to Hitler in the 1920s
Cc0GH_sWAAA2fR2.jpg

He made them raise their right hand to him. This is an actual image.

Jesus fuck.

Shy

This is an actual image of a rally for a candidate that is sometimes (aptly, IMO) compared to Hitler in the 1920s
Cc0GH_sWAAA2fR2.jpg

Jesus fuck.
Yep, that was the pic i saw. *shudders*

Malyse

Was Hillary vs Obama this bad or no? I wasn't around for that

No.

This is the worst that it's ever been. It was tense, but it wasn't vitriolic. No one was threatening defection if their horse dropped. And it's only going to keep getting worse, because this stupid fucking bullshit is working for Trump.

Imm0rt4l

No.

This is the worst that it's ever been. It was tense, but it wasn't vitriolic. No one was threatening defection if their horse dropped. And it's only going to keep getting worse, because this stupid fucking bullshit is working for Trump.
Yeah they were, they just weren't white guys, who happen to be the majority. Women were on some women fuckery in 08, Tina fey included.

I see. So it is worse this time between the supporters. Got it. It's really something to see. People are all in their feelings right now

The Adder

Banned
Real talk I have gotten death threats on twitter. Folks saying i lead BCT in turning white liberals racist and they want to play "Zimmerman vs Trayvon" with me.

Lol It is so sad I have to laugh.

BAH! I should be getting those threats. I actually successfully convinced someone cosplaying in blackface is wrong. Beat that, Slay.

Dai101

Banned
eh, that dude is just starved for attention. His off-site ranking must be in jeopardy.

Smartly most people just stepped over it

Same dude that spent an entire day arguing that there isn't a significant sexist movement against the new GB movie

Not surprised....

Without me having gone to that thread yet.
Is the dude with the Count Orlock avatar?

Cc0GH_sWAAA2fR2.jpg

Jesus fuck.

I can hear the sieg heils. I swear to satan i do.

Imm0rt4l

Lmao, I never understood the hate for Slay outside these forums.
I would basque in the hate of fuccbois

My homegirl has a pretty prolific following on instagram. She found out a few months back that someone created a forum for bashing instagram famous fitness girls. My friend has an entire thread that's like 100 pages deep filled with hate directed at her.

Petty things like "-she loves herself for no reason"

Fucking lol

Some people hate

Aiustis

I would basque in the hate of fuccbois

My homegirl has a pretty prolific following on instagram. She found out a few months back that someone created a forum for bashing instagram famous fitness girls. My friend has an entire thread that's like 100 pages deep filled with hate directed at her.

Petty things like "-she loves herself for no reason"

Fucking lol

Some people hate

Wow.

Gattsu25

Banned
I see. So it is worse this time between the supporters. Got it. It's really something to see. People are all in their feelings right now

The sometimes angry reaction from the Bernie supporter camp actually reminds me more of the internet libertarian/Ron Paul set than anything from the democratic side in '08 or '12 which was why I made that comparison in the last page. It's eerily similar, in fact.

I think two things contribute to why this is such a pain this time:
  • Bernie is achieving much greater national acceptance than libertarians in 2008 ever did which is inflating the number of people engaged in his message
  • Bernie Sander supporters have an intersection point with black people through the democratic party affiliation

Before, we didn't really directly interface with the Ron Paul/Libertarians demographic because there are so few shared points of interest/ideology between them and black americans (and Ron Paul has never been an ally).

Imm0rt4l

The sometimes angry reaction from the Bernie supporter camp actually reminds me more of the internet libertarian/Ron Paul set than anything from the democratic side in '08 or '12 which was why I made that comparison in the last page. It's eerily similar, in fact.

I think two things contribute to why this is such a pain this time:
  • Bernie is achieving much greater national acceptance than libertarians in 2008 ever did which is inflating the number of people engaged in his message
  • Bernie Sander supporters have an intersection point with black people through the democratic party affiliation

Before, we didn't really directly interface with the Ron Paul/Libertarians demographic because there are so few shared points of interest/ideology between them and black americans (and Ron Paul has never been an ally).
This is a really astute observation. Thing is Hillary isn't capable of having the fandom(tips hat) that Bernie has. The intersection between ardent white dude followers and black people makes for a total shitshow. Black reps/libertarians are hardly a thing for Ron Paul supporters to have to contend with.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Well, like I said in the thread before I was called a black moron, you have people reacting to the pieces of what he said at various points on the timeline, as few outlets are reporting the whole thing. It's still a problem for his campaign that pieces can be received badly, but with the hindsight goggles it's all good.

Also damn at that dedicated Slay fanbase lol

Wow.... http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=197823689&postcount=299 wow

The reaction you see when black people don't immediately sign up for Sanders makes me wonder what the venn diagram showing Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders supporters would look like.

I was not expecting that at the end of the sentence. Woooooooow.

This is a really astute observation. Thing is Hillary isn't capable of having the fandom(tips hat) that Bernie has. The intersection between ardent white dude followers and black people makes for a total shitshow. Black reps/libertarians are hardly a thing for Ron Paul supporters to have to contend with.

Yeah. What's so crazy is that in the real world, most of Bernie's fans are young white /women/. It's just being on mostly male forums brings out Bernie's men. And some of Bernie's men are Bernie Bros.

Please note, I have respect for PoCs on both sides in this Democratic primary. People are being called stupid, accused of voting against their own interests, Uncle Toms, accused of hurting the black community, etc, on both sides. And if they aren't being insulted, they are being erased. And let's not forget the people who aren't even for either side who are getting raked over the coals.

Slayven

I don't have any kids, but if I did I would keep them safe from the horrors of tokusatsu
*add ignore* I will not broker any trade in slandering Toku

Good day sir.

Yeah. What's so crazy is that in the real world, most of Bernie's fans are young white /women/. It's just being on mostly male forums brings out Bernie's men. And some of Bernie's men are Bernie Bros.

Please note, I have respect for PoCs on both sides in this Democratic primary. People are being called stupid, accused of voting against their own interests, Uncle Toms, accused of hurting the black community, etc, on both sides. And if they aren't being insulted, they are being erased. And let's not forget the people who aren't even for either side who are getting raked over the coals.
Bernie's 2 advisors are the worse.

Imm0rt4l

Yo I'm hopping on sfv and the name of the first player I'm supposed to fight is BernieSanders. Primary season needs to be over already

Yeah I think it's best to try as much as possible to stay above the fray and try to look at the candidates objectively.

zeemumu

Don't read existential horror before bed breh.

Yeah. Last night I heard a rapping, then a tapping. Tapping at my chamber door. But when I opened wide the door, darkness there, and nothing more. At 4 in the morning.

What was I supposed to do? Go make chocolate pudding as a clear indication that I'd lost control of my life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom