• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

I'm sitting in the auto shop watching TV while waiting and it's on CNN. They ask "why haven't Hillary and Bernie been asked about race during these debates..."

I just nodded my head and then I heard

".....we have Don Lemon coming here to discuss..."

Then I changed the channel

R6tFrq4.png
"Before we start this segment has everyone pulled their pants up? Ok good."

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Since y'all are talking about media right now, is anyone looking forward to Underground? It's getting some really good reviews but no one on GAF seems to be interested in it. :/

D i Z

Huh. Never seen this before.

Since y'all are talking about media right now, is anyone looking forward to Underground? It's getting some really good reviews but no one on GAF seems to be interested in it. :/

I want to check this out, but like it has been mentioned before there seems to be a cap to how many of these slavery epics that one can absorb without some other kinds of experiences expressed.
Not at all surprised that this wouldn't register a blip on GAF though.

Slayven

Such a hard thing to read. Is D.C. just a diamond shaped ghetto? Because it isn't. I know well to do white folks that refuse to venture into certain neighborhoods..it's by reputation, not fact. Geezuz, this dude sounds like an idiot with this shit.

Chocolate City!!

Chocolate City!!

Son. I still remember feeling so proud/terrible on my last day there. Needed bungee ties for the car and hitting the local Uhaul on our way down south. This older cat started having a conversation with me, and just assumed I was a professor. That's how you know it's a different world. The way I was dressed? My unshaven self? That's a bum down south, man. Ain't no education emanating from my being down here. Amongst ourselves? Different story ask together.

It's a beautiful thing, man. You aren't judge for your look..at least I wasn't. And it wasn't the first time..

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That's kinda worrying.
My problem is that the game reminds me a lot of destiny but without the flair and great gunplay.

Customizing is there
Loot is there
Team aspect is there (which means fire teams are a lot of fun and hilarious)

Idk I want bungie to fix their broken ass game and it's philosophies more than I want to play the division lol. Problem is I already bought the damn game digitally.

D i Z

is Maria Sharapova finished?

Nah. They're already spinning her doping (Since 06) as medication for a health issue.
She's the poster child for the sport, and now they need her the most!

My problem is that the game reminds me a lot of destiny but without the flair and great gunplay.

Customizing is there
Loot is there
Team aspect is there (which means fire teams are a lot of fun and hilarious)

Idk I want bungie to fix their broken ass game and it's philosophies more than I want to play the division lol. Problem is I already bought the damn game digitally.

Problem is Bungie is never going to fix that busted ass game. They can't afford to. A few additions here and there are on the way, but they are moving on for Destiny 2 and hoping that they don't fuck it up on an even shorter dev schedule than the original. They've burnt every excuse in the book already, so hopefully they have the fire under their asses an quit making the game that they want to build, and one that people actually want to play.

Slayven

Son. I still remember feeling so proud/terrible on my last day there. Needed bungee ties for the car and hitting the local Uhaul on our way down south. This older cat started having a conversation with me, and just assumed I was a professor. That's how you know it's a different world. The way I was dressed? My unshaven self? That's a bum down south, man. Ain't no education emanating from my being down here. Amongst ourselves? Different story ask together.

It's a beautiful thing, man. You aren't judge for your look..at least I wasn't. And it wasn't the first time..

Just like a John Singlton move.

D i Z

The Division's use of street art and Graf. I found some really dope pieces scattered around the beta. And its' worth noting that they felt appropriate for the settings where they were found. Hat tip to Ubi for putting some real thought and effort into it.

Just like a John Singlton move.
Serious, Slay. There's just a difference of treatment. Excluding the area around the Whitehouse, black cops everywhere. I'm not being stupid for being black..EVERYONE IS. I see these dudes hanging in front of strip clubs being friendly with the clients/workers/passer bys..and I don't go to those places.

I don't know, man. D.C. Made me feel great. Only fucked with twice in 5 years. If that's not worth 5 gold stars, I don't know what is..

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Nah. They're already spinning her doping (Since 06) as medication for a health issue.
She's the poster child for the sport, and now they need her the most!

Problem is Bungie is never going to fix that busted ass game. They can't afford to. A few additions here and there are on the way, but they are moving on for Destiny 2 and hoping that they don't fuck it up on an even shorter dev schedule than the original. They've burnt every excuse in the book already, so hopefully they have the fire under their asses an quit making the game that they want to build, and one that people actually want to play.
Kiddizzy don't kid yourself into thinking they're gonna come through and if you're a destiny vet don't kid yourself into thinking you ain't gonna play it anyway.

Damn that's depressin

Johndoey

Banned
Nina Simone's brother was on tmz talking about his issues with the casting and such. Mentioned he would've preferred Viola Davis for the role.

Slayven

You just hate Bernie! Stop acknowledging when he fucks up!

Real talk I have gotten death threats on twitter. Folks saying i lead BCT in turning white liberals racist and they want to play "Zimmerman vs Trayvon" with me.

Lol It is so sad I have to laugh.

shingi70

Banned
Bernie would fuck up the weekend and day before I go to vote.

Dude is straight up justifying those articles Coates has been writing. Dude sees everything as a class problem and doesn't have the good will Hillary has from her husband being so popular with the black community.

D i Z

Kiddizzy don't kid yourself into thinking they're gonna come through and if you're a destiny vet don't kid yourself into thinking you ain't gonna play it anyway.

Damn that's depressin

I'm already resigned to my fate. The best that I'm hoping for is that the entire team has their ego's broken down to mud, and then rebuild em into developers good enough to make a complete experience again.

Johndoey

Banned
Slayven slowly corrupting America with Afro power.

Edit: Lifetime appears to have made a Tinder based horror film by the name of "Wrong Swipe".

Real talk I have gotten death threats on twitter. Folks saying i lead BCT in turning white liberals racist and they want to play "Zimmerman vs Trayvon" with me.

If his campaign and supporters don't understand, or aren't willing to try to understand why that statement is a problem............so be it.

This is the full Bernie quote

DON LEMON: Senator Sanders, on a personal front, what racial blind spots do you have?

SANDERS: Well, let me just very briefly tell you a story. When I was in one of my first years in Congress, I went to a meeting downtown in Washington, D.C. And I went there with another Congressman, an African-American Congressman. And then we kind of separated during the meeting. And then I saw him out later on. And he was sitting there waiting and I said, well, let's go out and get a cab. How come you didn't go out and get a cab?

He said, no, I don't get cabs in Washington, D.C. This was 20 years ago. Because he was humiliated by the fact that cabdrivers would go past him because he was black. I couldn't believe, you know, you just sit there and you say, this man did not take a cab 20 years ago in Washington, D.C. Tell you another story, I was with young people active in the Black Lives Matter movement. A young lady comes up to me and she says, you don't understand what police do in certain black communities. You don't understand the degree to which we are terrorized, and I'm not just talking about the horrible shootings that we have seen, which have got to end and we've got to hold police officers accountable, I'm just talking about every day activities where police officers are bullying people.

So to answer your question, I would say, and I think it's similar to what the secretary said, when you're white, you don't know what it's like to be living in a ghetto. You don't know what it's like to be poor. You don't know what it's like to be hassled when you walk down the street or you get dragged out of a car.

And I believe that as a nation in the year 2016, we must be firm in making it clear. We will end institutional racism and reform a broken criminal justice system.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...its_like_to_live_in_a_ghetto_and_be_poor.html

I still stand by what I said that I see no problem with it. He wasn't saying all black people are poor, or that all poor black people live in ghettos, or that none of those things can hold true for white people...

Slayven

If his campaign and supporters don't understand, or aren't willing to try to understand why that statement is a problem............so be it.

Not like the numbers don't reflect it. Older black voters would piss on him if he was on fire. and the rest of the demo isn't much better

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm already resigned to my fate. The best that I'm hoping for is that the entire team has their ego's broken down to mud, and then rebuild em into developers good enough to make a complete experience again.
My wish list for destiny 2 improvements

- larger loot pool for =<legendaries that way trading becomes a thing.
- better told story of course
- a dedicated patch/balance team of more than 5 people
- more raids or at least more difficulty options/challenges for raids that actually affect how raids are played (basically variety).
- same for strikes
- make nightfalls matter again
- customizable pvp playlists (doesn't take away from trials or IB in any way)
- make reaching highest light level matter whether its unnecessary rewards (emotes) or an Easter egg.
- lore cards in-game

Basically give us a reason to keep playing your game. Almost all of these aren't addressed in the second game then I will absolutely give up on destiny. As it stands now it seems the first games tech is what's holding them back + moving on to d2 Dev cycle bottlenecks a lot of resources. Imma give them one more chance where it really counts.

Gattsu25

Banned

Damn

They want to play Zimmerman vs Trayvon with you? The fuck kind of asshole would even think that was cool? Fuck that person's parents.

zeemumu

I didn't get any sleep last night. I'm trying to figure out if reading The Raven before bed had anything to do with it.

Merc_

So all it takes to turn white liberals racist is to disagree with their choice of political candidate? Boy, this is much more simple then I thought. It's almost like they already had issues with black folk to start with!

I do wonder how TYT are going to run with this one.

Bah! Thought that was staying quiet. Don't give these lurking cunts the satisfaction..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom