• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiustis

Exactly look on the bright side. And your not unlovable or defective. Why would you feel you are?

Got dumped because I don't open up. Don't open up and share feelings because I'm used to people just giving up and leaving me or ignoring. Also abusive childhood.

zeemumu

I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror and said "I'm defective, unlovable and will always be alone." Then went and looked at my steam library and realized forever alone gives me all the time in the world to complete them.

I think having a girlfriend in the first place invalidates that first sentence. If you were unlovable you wouldn't make it past the first step.

And I'm sorry, Gordon.

Got dumped because I don't open up. Don't open up and share feelings because I'm used to people just giving up and leaving me or ignoring. Also abusive childhood.

This is the struggle of many black men. For most of our lives we've been told that opening up/being emotional is a sign of weakness, and we internalize it and thus are reluctant to open up less we are seen or feel like we're less of a man.

Johndoey

Banned
For whatever it's worth you made it this far, you're still around doing your thing and that's something.

Someone at Google Play Music has to answer for this.

So I wanted to listen to that Monica record "Just Right For Me", and you know how every artist has their own huge biography when you search for them.

This is Monica's

LFoONoo.jpg

Which one of y'all hating ass Google employees did this?

Malyse

Why is Zootopia better at talking about race and social issues than our presidential candidates

I really need all of you to go see Zootopia. It's one of Disney's best films by far.

-----

https://news.slashdot.org/story/16/...-users-trapped-in-endless-cycle-of-depression

Oh.

https://www.change.org/p/quicken-lo...ans-arena-during-the-rnc-convention-in-july-2

Britney-Spears-Cringe-Face.gif

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/phantasy-star-online-2-ps4-models-announced-japan

It's like Sega is saying fuck you in as many ways as possible.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Girl went to her parents for the weekend BCT so it's grubbing time. Now I can't eat all this damn food so help me craft my ultimate food courses. Here are the choices. Only pick one per sess

Lunch:
-Wings (pre seasoned or homemade?)
-potatoe wedges
-chips and dip
-shrimp cocktail

Dinner:
-fried porkchops/chicken w/ box cheesy shells (not spending a shit load of time making Mac n cheese) & spinach

-teriyaki glazed salmon w/ white/brown rice & asparagus

-rib eye w/ twice baked potatoes/homemade fries & broccoli

Dessert:
-Cigar

Aiustis

This is the struggle of many black men. For most of our lives we've been told that opening up/being emotional is a sign of weakness, and we internalize it and thus are reluctant to open up less we are seen or feel like we're less of a man.

I think having a girlfriend in the first place invalidates that first sentence. If you were unlovable you wouldn't make it past the first step.

Yeah...Except I'm the she. And he was all about sharing feelings and I wasn't. Apparently us females are supposed to know how to do that.

akira28

takes a minute for me to open up to anyone, but I have bullshit for years to keep people otherwise occupied. In my opinion, anyone who dumps you so easily probably wasn't worth sticking around for anyway.

I'm talking internal menagerie stuff, btw Aus. 'How was your day' type feelings or 'how do you feel about us' type feelings are the kind that should be able to be shared.

zeemumu

Yeah...Except I'm the she. And he was all about sharing feelings and I wasn't. Apparently us females are supposed to know how to do that.

Whoops sorry. I'll have to change my avatar to professor oak now.

But either way, getting to the point of being in a relationship at all required some level if dateability

Gattsu25

Banned
My family weren't expecting me at all. Was a pleasant surprise.

But man...that damned flight. Was sitting next to a dude that straight up smelled of trash that been by the street for a week or two. Fucking disgusting. Was so glad to get off that plane.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Girl went to her parents for the weekend BCT so it's grubbing time. Now I can't eat all this damn food so help me craft my ultimate food courses. Here are the choices. Only pick one per sess

Lunch:
-potatoe wedges
-chips and dip
-shrimp cocktail

Dinner:
-fried porkchops/chicken w/ box cheesy shells (not spending a shit load of time making Mac n cheese) & spinach

Dessert:
-Cigar
real talk though I cannot decide

Malyse

Lunch:
-potatoe wedges
-chips and dip
-shrimp cocktail

Dinner:

Dessert:
-Cigar

Stop being a coward and eat it all. Man up.

<span class="EmojiInput mj788" title="Face Without Mouth &#128566;"></span>

----

NSFW:

Penguins got to be on the watch for seals looking to fuck them and then eat them.

The most disturbing thing I've seen in a while. Like, what a way to die. One time it was 13 and a half hour session before the kill.

Jandro, don't click that. I don't want you getting ideas and endangering the pets in your area.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds

So I wanted to listen to that Monica record "Just Right For Me", and you know how every artist has their own huge biography when you search for them.

This is Monica's

LFoONoo.jpg

nw9cJ.gif

akira28

The animal world is real as fuck.

yo Elo I can't ignore it man. Don't eat that crap.

Just get you some macaroni shell pasta, the barilla kind. Some sheredded cheese.
make sure you have milk and butter. in a medium sauce pot, fill 3/4ths with water, make a cup of pasta, drain it.
in the same pot, now pour a quarter cup of milk, 2 tablespoons butter, melt and bubble, now dosh in your pasta,
coat it with the milkfat colloid solution. add in shredded cheese, melt, stir, maybe transfer to something plastic because that cheese is gonna be a bitch to clean...

now you can add in your spices, paprika whatever you like, stir, leave set for 5 minutes, and done.

Malyse

It's crazy that Sakura Taisen/Sakura Wars did the Mass Effect thing a generation before Mass Effect. We need a Sakura Wars 1-4 remake.

zeemumu

Should I steal this purse out of spite? People keep clutching bags when I sit down more often than usual today and I'm getting annoyed

It's a stereotype that plagues black women to but in a different way. Black women are supposed to be the emotional sponges in the relationship but aren't really allowed to speak about their own insecurities or fears or they're seen as being too "needy" (strong black woman stereotype) but when a black woman actually fills that stereotype that people ascribe to them then she's got "issues" or you can't trust her, or she doesn't really care. For black women, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. The black community and emotions in general has been an ongoing battle for a good while due to way too many ideologies we held/hold about what it means to be a man or woman.

This is Monica's

LFoONoo.jpg

Google doesn't hire black people. That's the reason Monica's bio is like that.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The animal world is real as fuck.

yo Elo I can't ignore it man. Don't eat that crap.

Just get you some macaroni shell pasta, the barilla kind. Some sheredded cheese.
make sure you have milk and butter. in a medium sauce pot, fill 3/4ths with water, make a cup of pasta, drain it.
in the same pot, now pour a quarter cup of milk, 2 tablespoons butter, melt and bubble, now dosh in your pasta,
coat it with the milkfat colloid solution. add in shredded cheese, melt, stir, maybe transfer to something plastic because that cheese is gonna be a bitch to clean...

now you can add in your spices, paprika whatever you like, stir, leave set for 5 minutes, and done.
But I said I'm lazy with the pasta today. If I was gonna homemake the box pasta I would've just made Mac n cheese lol.

akira28

But I said I'm lazy with the pasta today. If I was gonna homemake the box pasta I would've just made Mac n cheese lol.

it literally takes 15 minutes, the same time as kraft box, unless you're some kind of animal and you're eating the microwaveable stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom