• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Just got done replaying Arkham City NG+. Wish more games embraced NG+ in general, but whatever. Gonna replay Red Dead Redemption prolly later today.

And since I still got Batmayne on the brain, Slay what's up with Hugo Strange? What caliber of villain is he? Does he have powers or anything? I ask because I was cracking up the way he got headbutted in the climax and he didn't do shit.

Damn, you haven't been here in a minute lol

Full lurk mode, mang. Therapist said I gotta be more social tho, so I'm talkin' to all y'all nerds.

Johndoey

Banned
Just got done replaying Arkham City NG+. Wish more games embraced NG+ in general, but whatever. Gonna replay Red Dead Redemption prolly later today.

And since I still got Batmayne on the brain, Slay what's up with Hugo Strange? What caliber of villain is he? Does he have powers or anything? I ask because I was cracking up the way he got headbutted in the climax and he didn't do shit.

Strange is mostly just master psychological manipulator with a minor in biology no actual powers as such. He's definitely not a Bat tier fighter.

D i Z

looks like something Denise made for Theo.

oDD4g.gif

Slayven

Nah he is just good with fucking with folks mentally, no powers though.

zeemumu

Something about a guy going through a metal detector with a gun and he was also a self-proclaimed prophet. Not entirely sure. The thread is all over the place.

So video games, huh?

What you playing recently, BCT?

Haven't had time but when I'm able to eke out a moment, Metal Gear Rising, State of Decay and Shadowrun Returns. Slowly figuring out that PlatinumGames' stylish action fare are basically my favorite game types despite how much I suck at them and how stressed they make me. They're the type of games I want to make and after this epiphany made me more interested in Scalebound despite my lack of interest in the aesthetic.

zeemumu

So video games, huh?

I'm finally making a concerted effort to beat the Valkyria Chronicles trilogy. Playing the first makes me really want a prequel detailing what the fuck happened in the Calamity.

Finished Dark Souls 1 last week. As far as games go I'm not sure right now. I'll wait a bit into this new quarter of classes before I take on anymore big projects.

So video games, huh?

I'm finally making a concerted effort to beat the Valkyria Chronicles trilogy. Playing the first makes me really want a prequel detailing what the fuck happened in the Calamity.

Currently making my way through Victory Road in Pokemon Blaze Black 1.

akira28

lol...I was playing sFV, but Gordon beat me so bad...I decided to go fly spaceships.

then he claims he only plays with his wife and daughter, hahah. a one point I was afraid he gave the controller to his little girl, and that was the one match I won.

lol...I was playing sFV, but Gordon beat me so bad...I decided to go fly spaceships.

then he claims he only plays with his wife and daughter, hahah. a one point I was afraid he gave the controller to his little girl, and that was the one match I won.
lol..I'm sorry. Jean says she wants to play some BCTers sometime. I'll give her your ID so you can stomp her..😁

LionPride

Banned
My teacher lended me his copy of the Uncharted Collection, been playing through that and 2K. Still gotta finish Wolfenstein and the plethora of PS2 games I bought last year I need to finish

Johndoey

Banned
I tried to go online with Skullgirls like a month ago and got whooped so hard I went catatonic. If I put the controller on the ground I'd have seen the same result.

Shy

lol..I'm sorry. Jean says she wants to play some BCTers sometime. I'll give her your ID so you can stomp her..😁
8 Player lobbies our meant to be out this week. So that could be cool.
My teacher lended me his copy of the Uncharted Collection, been playing through that and 2K. Still gotta finish Wolfenstein and the plethora of PS2 games I bought last year I need to finish
I still need to pick up that Uncharted collection, before i get 4. (haven't really played the Uncharted games)
I tried to go online with Skullgirls like a month ago and got whooped so hard I went catatonic.
LMAO

akira28

i never wanted to be one of those guys who spends a lot of money on a fighting stick. so I want to spend very little money on a fighting stick. this xbox controller is for the birds.

i never wanted to be one of those guys who spends a lot of money on a fighting stick. so I want to spend very little money on a fighting stick. this xbox controller is for the birds.

If you buy a cheap stick, expect bad performance. Even the pricier sticks can end up being finicky. It's the biggest reason why I've never invested into playing fighting games on console. I can't stand controllers and to get a really good stick you're going to end up paying a few hundred bucks. Unfortunate side effect from growing up learning at an arcade that used Happ 360 sticks and employed guys who kept the equipment in top condition.

I played through all 3 Uncharteds over Christmas break when I got ps4. I can't remember the last time I did that with a game. I usually take my sweet ass time when playing games and I really have to be in the mood for it. I still have a bunch of games on steam I need to get through.

So video games, huh?

Pokken (surprisingly dope), Uncharted Collection (the first game has not aged well), Dying Light (aside from some occasional RNG bullshit, a great game), and Hyrule Warriors Legends (Feels like being Chris Rock in New Jack City). I'll get back to SFV once a proper tutorial is put in place. I wanted to learn it but I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere with it.

you lie. you're probably teaching her Vega combo moves as we speak.
She HATES that dude lol..
8 Player lobbies our meant to be out this week. So that could be cool.
If we can all connect? Yeah, that'd be great. Considering all my unlocked colors are now gone? I won't hold my breath..
just googled costs and commercial arcade sticks. might have to make my own.
I bought the SFV one and upgraded the buttons/stick..

harSon

Banned
So video games, huh?

It's always the same answer. I buy games, and then play Dota 2 instead.

Malyse

Hedy Burress is a far better voice actress than she gets credit for. Rosie in Valkyria Chronicles doesn't sound like Yuna from FFX in the slightest. Like damn.

Has anyone else here had the realization that you've spent so much time being yourself and not getting trapped in the typical follies of experimental college bullshit and otherwise trying to further yourself as a person that you've completely overshot your own demographic such that the only friends, lovers, acquaintances, etc. you could realistically sustain a relationship with on levels of ideological, emotional and political parity are going to be at least 10 years your senior? :mjcry:

I swear, I have, like, quantum depression or some shit. It's like that interview where the creators of the original season of Star Trek tried to figure out how to develop a narrative in a world with no conflict, but with my emotions or something.

andthebeatgoeson

Things I'm tired of in action movies: buildings collapsing, cities destroyed and aliens coming out of the sky to destroy buildings and cities.

I'm looking at you San Andreas and I'm not sure but tmnt 2. Do better.

akira28

Has anyone else here had the realization that you've spent so much time being yourself and not getting trapped in the typical follies of experimental college bullshit and otherwise trying to further yourself as a person that you've completely overshot your own demographic such that the only friends, lovers, acquaintances, etc. you could realistically sustain a relationship with on levels of ideological, emotional and political parity are going to be at least 10 years your senior? :mjcry:

I swear, I have, like, quantum depression or some shit. It's like that interview where the creators of the original season of Star Trek tried to figure out how to develop a narrative in a world with no conflict, but with my emotions or something.

I believe the kids call it "being too serious".

Sou Da

Things I'm tired of in action movies: buildings collapsing, cities destroyed and aliens coming out of the sky to destroy buildings and cities.

I'm looking at you San Andreas and I'm not sure but tmnt 2. Do better.
Buildings are easily the most believable CG to do on a big budget. Probably why.

I just had the most technologically ratchet class ever.

The teacher wasn't here so he left a note saying to go to the computer lab so he can teach via Zoom. Problem was, none of the computers had cameras or speakers so I had to take my iPad out and crank the volume up... Then point the camera in every students direction when he asked a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom