• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
you folks drink beer or liquor

if you drink liquor, what do you drink

In order..

markers_mark.jpg

1.jpg

gg-image-gallery-001

Slayven

A funny read on Jimmy Olsen's roll in Batman v Superman.

Goes without saying there are SPOILERS beyond the link. Opinions, Slayven?

��

shows the disrespect Snyder has for the franchise to be honest

yeah some people I think take that superman being good and wholesome as a personal insult and do their best to tarnish him for no good reason. They call it "Exploring" or "deconstruction" but it comes off as petty needless nonsense.

Not saying superman can't be explored or deconstructed. He has been a billion times but the people that want to do it the most are the least equipped to do it.

Look at the MCU they are good people, and they try to do whats good. They aren't assholes and sadistic about it. But because of the universe, shit goes down and they going to be dealing with it.

IN CAPTAIN AMERICA:CIVIL WAR in theaters May 6

It really does seem that way. Hilarious, considering how hard everyone pushes him as this HUGE comic book fan..
So that WAS Jimmy. I wasn't sure.
Crazy, huh? Took me a second to realize it..
yeah some people I think take that superman being good and wholesome as a personal insult and do their best to tarnish him for no good reason. They call it "Exploring" or "deconstruction" but it comes off as petty needless nonsense.

Not saying superman can't be explored or deconstructed. He has been a billion times but the people that want to do it the most are the least equipped to do it.

Look at the MCU they are good people, and they try to do whats good. They aren't assholes and sadistic about it. But because of the universe, shit goes down and they going to be dealing with it.

Agreed completely with the bolded..

zeemumu

Crazy, huh? Took me a second to realize it..

Yeah. They never said his name as far as I know so I didn't catch that. I thought he was just some guy. Wasn't Jesse Eisenberg originally up for that role but they decided that he'd make a better Lex Luthor instead? Because fire whoever made that decision if true. Jesse wasn't a bad actor. That just wasn't Lex Luthor. That was Jim Carey as the Riddler.

Honestly I think Snyder just wanted Jimmy Olsen's name in there and didn't care at all for the character because he didn't fit into his dark and gritty vision. He took from some of the darkest DC storylines to make this movie.

Took me a while to confirm that
it was Flash coming out of that portal too. It was just so random but I was thinking "who else could it be?"

jmood88

151 was the first liquor I ever drank and I had straight shots (which I later learned you're not supposed to do but I had alcoholic friends) and I ended up getting thrown out of a club, thought I was going to get arrested cause a cop came up to me after I got thrown out and I was under 21, sat on a bench going between vomiting and sleeping, then threw up in the backseat of my friend's car while sitting next to some girls he was bringing home from the club I got thrown out of. In conclusion, fuck 151.

shingi70

Banned
Hell I like movie and got flack over in the DCE thread because I didn't like Superman's role.

That Quantum Break thread over in gaming is werid. The game is rveiwing pretty well, but because gerstman gave it a 2 it's suddenly a crappy game on par with the Order.

Johndoey

Banned
151 was the first liquor I ever drank and I had straight shots (which I later learned you're not supposed to do but I had alcoholic friends) and I ended up getting thrown out of a club, thought I was going to get arrested cause a cop came up to me after I got thrown out and I was under 21, sat on a bench going between vomiting and sleeping, then threw up in the backseat of my friend's car while sitting next to some girls he was bringing home from the club I got thrown out of. In conclusion, fuck 151.

This is why I only drink in the comfort of my own home. Also don't blame 151 for your issues, 151 is always there to support you.

Yeah. They never said his name as far as I know so I didn't catch that. I thought he was just some guy. Wasn't Jesse Eisenberg originally up for that role but they decided that he'd make a better Lex Luthor instead? Because fire whoever made that decision if true. Jesse wasn't a bad actor. That just wasn't Lex Luthor. That was Jim Carey as the Riddler.

Honestly I think Snyder just wanted Jimmy Olsen's name in there and didn't care at all for the character because he didn't fit into his dark and gritty vision. He took from some of the darkest DC storylines to make this movie.

Took me a while to confirm that
it was Flash coming out of that portal too. It was just so random but I was thinking "who else could it be?"
Bingo..
lol..Rookie!
Hell I like movie and got flack over in the DCE thread because I didn't like Superman's role.

If I've learned anything from the hardcore DC folks on GAF, it's that you can't criticize shit..even if it's true. Best part of that movie was Batman. Superman just needs a reboot..sorry, folks.

Slayven

You got to prep for 151, have a good nap. Something good and greasy on your stomach. 151 sneaks up on you.

Everclear punches you in the mouth and makes you it's bitch.

I like to mix mine with some code red mountain dew

That Quantum Break thread over in gaming is werid. The game is rveiwing pretty well, but because gerstman gave it a 2 it's suddenly a crappy game on par with the Order.
Quantum Break is just the latest agenda game.

But nothing will beat the order thread, when it dropped that shit was like 6 hours long? Whew

jmood88

This is why I only drink in the comfort of my own home. Also don't blame 151 for your issues, 151 is always there to support you.
I was 19 going through a paternity test situation, so my friends figured that I needed to drink and go out (the kid wasn't mine, thank god). But aside from that, every time I've seen 151 introduced to a party, nothing but bad things have popped off for everyone involved. I haven't had 151 myself since I was 20 and I don't see that streak ending anytime soon.

Johndoey

Banned
I was 19 going through a paternity test situation, so my friends figured that I needed to drink and go out (the kid wasn't mine, thank god). But aside from that, every time I've seen 151 introduced to a party, nothing but bad things have popped off for everyone involved. I haven't had 151 myself since I was 20 and I don't see that streak ending anytime soon.

I'm glad that situation worked out for you at least (I hope I my comment read poorly) , but yeah seeing people getting fucked up at parties loses it's appeal pretty quick.

151 flowed through my veins as a youngin. Always gave a shot to an unsuspecting victim, then blocked them from chasing it lol..such a dick. I've seen so many people get straight stupid on that shit. Guess I was slightly immune. Never once threw up, unlike everyone else that drank the shit..

Malyse

you folks drink beer or liquor

if you drink liquor, what do you drink

Who would drink beer when liquor exists?

Scotch, brandy, rum, whiskey, vodka.

Mostly vodka.

'Less I'm feeling fancy, in which case vodka martinis and screwdrivers with vodka, triple src, pineapple juice and coconut rum.

Dai101

Banned
A funny read on Jimmy Olsen's roll in Batman v Superman.

Goes without saying there are SPOILERS beyond the link. Opinions, Slayven?

😐

So that WAS Jimmy. I wasn't sure.

FUCK snyder and wb with a pineapple. FUCK 'EM

No lies. I'm so glad that the movie is bombing.

Now to get with the theme of this page.

But the sad reality

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
*Opens OT*

*So my friend casually dropped the N word...*

*Goes back to the Community*

I got to about a page in on that and just went out of it. The thing is that the OP remains friends with those people. I know he is in Europe but damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom