• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
Tiny Tina is like Trump, a psychotic monster-child with no redeeming human qualities that people like for some reason.

On the other hand her design is great.

Village

Also The borderlands Pre Sequel has probably some of the funniest video game dlc i have played, you go into claptraps mind, and its actually really funny. Its funnier than like... every borderlands game, and while for some of you all it might be a high bar. Its really funny.

They mess it up, on a technical level, there is an extra boss fight, thats actually the last boss fight. Thats a unannouced raid boss level enemy and every bl before that separated that too, so it broke the rules and ruined some of the most fun content in borderlands by ruining the flow. But aside fom that, its amazingly designed visually and written.

Village

Tiny Tina is like Trump, a psychotic monster-child with no redeeming human qualities..

So... most characters in borderlands.No ones really good people in borderlands.
She's kinda funny though.

Mister Torque is the best. And he got hurcule voice.

D i Z

I generally prefer style > substance, (like Bayonetta is all style) but BL had nothing for me. Outside of a Borderlands JRPG, I would love a Mass Effect style TPS game. It's a fucking waste to make characters that have flashy designs like that and then hide them from the player. Like. What was the point?

We got a Mass Effect style TPS. It was called Mass Effect :D

Shy

I fucking love Tales from the Borderlands.

For me it goes, Tales. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every other piss Taletale make.

Malyse

We got a Mass Effect style TPS. It was called Mass Effect :D

T___T

A Borderlands TPS.

giphy.gif

----

I could see this on gaf

Village

Not being a FPS to start. The Mass Effect dialogue wheel to continue. Another bonus is not being a FPS. And most importantly, not being a FPS.

But FPS'S are good totally valid ways of making a video game. Like if you have a legit reason for it, like that would benifit it gameplay wise, please throw it at at me. I'm one of those guys who likes customizing characters and looking at em. But not being an fps isn't a reason.

I would play heroes of the storm as a fighting game, but its a moba. And besides... being a fighting game, I can't actually justify why it shouldn't be a moba. Espically from a monitary stand point.

Shy

I do like most of Telltale's other stuff but yeah Tapes is fucking stupendous.
Yep.
I only played the first two or three episodes from the first season.
Not being a FPS to start. The Mass Effect dialogue wheel to continue. Another bonus is not being a FPS. And most importantly, not being a FPS.
So i'm going to take a wild guess and say you're not a fan of FPS style games. :p

Afrocious

Get on Stardew valley.

My dude has an Afro and I'm thinking about courting this biracial girl who's a nurse

Damn I need to go out more

Trey

I thought I had left my pick upstairs, but I had with me the whole time. Here's my hair picked out:

1jtDg8L.jpg

The barber I had since I was a kid passed away a few years ago so I've sort of been jumping around barbers. I used to get fades and caesars.

I've always asked barbers what would look best on me, but I never got a straight answer so that helped in me saying fuck it and grow my hair out.

I also want to grow my hair out because I feel it's cheaper and all my life I've always kept my hair short. I also feel like it's a thing that black men should have short hair all the time, and I'm not cool with that.

fuck people

if you don't trust your barber, go with something simple. if the man can't properly blend a fade, something is wrong.

4-geometric-cut-for-men.jpg

if you really want to go all the way with the hair, you should get twists until it's long enough to get dreaded (unless you wanna be one of those dudes with cornrows in 2016). having the much hair is a lot of work though, and it gets hot in the summer.

Malyse

I only played the first two or three episodes from the first season.

Finish season 1 and then we can talk.
But FPS'S are good totally valid ways of making a video game. Like if you have a legit reason for it, like that would benifit it gameplay wise, please throw it at at me. I'm one of those guys who likes customizing characters and looking at em. But not being an fps isn't a reason.

I would play heroes of the storm as a fighting game, but its a moba. And besides... being a fighting game, I can't actually justify why it shouldn't be a moba. Espically from a monitary stand point.

Never said it wasn't. But there are plenty of people who dislike the FPS aesthetic and won't play them period. Same with MOBA. I like Metroid Prime, but I think the game would have been better with the exact same story in a Super Metroid or even a Other M design conceit.
TPS tend to be more tactical than FPS anyway.

zeemumu

I fucking love Tales from the Borderlands.

For me it goes, Tales. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every other piss Taletale make.

From what I can tell, BttF and Jurassic Park Telltale weren't great. Walking Dead season 1 was fantastic. Season 2 was okay but it didn't hit those emotional highs that came along with season 1. I didn't like nearly as many of the characters so if something happened to them I was just like "eh." I do appreciate that they found a way to tie in 400 Days despite the tie-in being pretty minor. Haven't played Tales yet but I do like the Borderlands universe so I'll give it a try eventually. And I need to get into GoT because I bought that game and never got into playing it. My favorite is probably The Wolf Among Us, though. I like the story, I like the characters, and overall it felt like a solid experience. Still not sure if I understand that ending, though.

I started Walking Dead: Michonne though. I'm not sure what to think of it. The story feels less open when you're playing with a core character. Like with Glenn in season 1. It's pre-Rick so it's not like he could die (I'd spoiler tag that but it's not much a secret that he and Herschel are in it).

Shy

Why the fuck do console digital shops have to price everything so much more expensive then retail, they'd make more money if they priced things a lot more reasonably :_:

I know it's because they don't want to upset brick and mortars, but it's still frustrating.
Finish season 1 and then we can talk.
Yes sir.
From what I can tell, BttF and Jurassic Park Telltale weren't great. Walking Dead season 1 was fantastic. Season 2 was okay but it didn't hit those emotional highs that came along with season 1. I didn't like nearly as many of the characters so if something happened to them I was just like "eh." I do appreciate that they found a way to tie in 400 Days despite the tie-in being pretty minor. Haven't played Tales yet but I do like the Borderlands universe so I'll give it a try eventually. And I need to get into GoT because I bought that game and never got into playing it. My favorite is probably The Wolf Among Us, though. I like the story, I like the characters, and overall it felt like a solid experience. Still not sure if I understand that ending, though.

I started Walking Dead: Michonne though. I'm not sure what to think of it. The story feels less open when you're playing with a core character. Like with Glenn in season 1. It's pre-Rick so it's not like he could die (I'd spoiler tag that but it's not much a secret that he and Herschel are in it).
Ahh, gotcha.

Furyous

I thought I had left my pick upstairs, but I had with me the whole time. Here's my hair picked out:

1jtDg8L.jpg

No shots my G buuuuutt.... go bald and press the reset button on your hair line because someone is going to clown you for having a dracula hair line. It won't be me because I'm a peaceful brand but someone is going to roast you.

--

Joe Budden is a real jerk, exhibit A:

https://twitter.com/JoeBudden/status/707281209148239872

‏@JoeBudden Joe Budden Retweeted GVNG
Ur an insult away from killing everyone at your school
GVNG @BobbyHamoui: @JoeBudden u suck at rapping give up

Trey

told that nigga to reset his hair line, I'm fucking howling lmaooooo

Furyous you ain't shit, b.

Don't even listen to him, widows peaks are fine. and you can get lined up no problem.

Imm0rt4l

told that nigga to reset his hair line, I'm fucking howling lmaooooo

Furyous you ain't shit, b.

Don't even listen to him, widows peaks are fine. and you can get lined up no problem.
Lmao

I agree with trey. A line up will fix him right up.

Furyous

Once again, NO SHOTS buuuuuttt... what was wrong with letting IT grow a wee bit more and keeping the hair line in tact? If all else fails donate plasma to get the line up every two/2.5 weeks and pocket the leftover.

I'm trying to save him from getting clowned in public or dealing with an overzealous HR manager, aware of cultural norms that wonders about the quality of his candidacy since he cannot maintain a proper hair line. HR manager somewhere like how can we trust him if he can't line his shit up properly. Don't tell me that pic is on linkedin. It's one thing if he's made and in fuck it mode and even then someone is going to treat him like Loaded Lux did Calicoe in the third round at Summer Madness.

Malyse

Me? I have no chill about things like that. Light the motherfucker on fire for that dumbassery. Fortunately I'm charismatic as all fuck so people generally like me, but I'm always ready to burn bridges with social idiots. Now in the workplace? I'll mostly keep out of it. Proving that you're a stupid fuck is less pressing than continuing to collect my check. That being said I will gleefully and maliciously out you "accidentally" to ruin your rep with the higher ups if the opportunity arises.

*kanye shrug*
LOL. I was thinking the same thing myself.
Shy we have pictures of you frolicking in the snow or something.

-----

Who has played Cross Code?

andthebeatgoeson

I'd make a thread asking why someone would vote for Hillary, but I feel I'd get a bunch of people who are only interested in reading their own posts. I'd simply want to be enlightened but I feel I'd get caught between folks who have axes to grind.

I feel I'm to pick between an out of touch jewish dude and a white lady who may as well be a gender-swapped Frank Underwood.

So I ask: if you did or are going to vote for Hillary, why?
Hillary is the most qualified candidate in a generation. Secretary of State and US Senator are excellent credentials.

Two, Barack was criticized about not playing the game well. That's probably true given that he was a junior senator. So, I'm interested in a candidate who may have a better chance at getting deals. Yeah, that may involve some compromise but I don't foresee any democratic candidate making deals without significant compromise. Until we change the math via midterms and state elections, we'll have to depend on a strong executive branch, wave elections and SCOTUS. And that can't be the guy who is not helping in other down ballot elections and has called the entire party, including the very popular president, shit.

Malyse

Time for another edition of good, bad, interesting!

Good: we might have gotten the leader of ISIS

Bad: no charges for Ramarley Graham's killer. That's the 18 year old killed in front of the lil bro and grandma in his house.

Interesting: Record numbers of Latinos are seeking citizenship specifically to vote against Trump.

Afrocious

Goddamn lol. I've been called Vegeta but never Dracula. My widows peak is pretty huge so lining it up is something only a few can do without making me look like I'm going bald, which is ironic since I think folks who have widows peaks can't go bald naturally IIRC.

The last person who could do it died so the way I see it, why try to hide the fact I have a widows peak? Not that I can do anything about it anyway.

On other news, 315 DEadlifts just got a lot harder. Losing weight sucks for this shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom