• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
I am sure there is a Mexican equivalent. But you been to family get together where folks started drinking and then play a game. They start out laughing then they get loud and the old folks tell the kids to go play somewhere off in the distance cause someone starts cussing up a storm. Then shit starts start getting real.

Dominoes, loteria, and several card games using a baraja española:

BlL0qfv.gif

But to bring the worst of the worst, there has to be a futbol match. Nothing bloodier than a Chivas vs America or Chivas vs Atlas.

Slayven

Dominoes, loteria, and several card games using a baraja española:

BlL0qfv.gif

But to bring the worst of the worst, there has to be a futbol match. Nothing bloodier than a Chivas vs America or Chivas vs Atlas.

What about local teams? I heard those town rivalries can be next level?

Shy

Do you at least know how to play bones?
Dominoes right. ? i kinda used to, but have long since forgotten. Sorry.

How's that division coming along. ? kinda tempted.
you just need one word, renege
LOL.
Everyone I've played UNO with changes the rules mid-game, every time.
I've only ever played UNO on the 360, back when it had the web cams on. God that was a thing a beauty. LOL.

Afrocious

Before Furyous made me realizing checking this thread while driving is a bad idea, I wanted to comment on this.

I don't think I can even grasph the basics. I took C++ twice in school and got Ds both times. Tried Unity and Unreal Engine 3 too, but no bueno. I went into trying rom hacking a little bit before I had to wipe my computer and didn't get that either. I completely forgot about it until now. As far as the stuff in the visual novels go You know how you can't directly put in the action you want and instead have to use some code like $ and brackets and shit. The links between those confuse me sometimes. Programming is boring as hell to me. I need to find a way to get a music program without snatching up something I don't want or find a program out there that's easier and more fun to use like LBP and MM. I used to stay up at like 4 am making sure my levels were straight in LBP.

Wait I'm confused, you need a music program to do what exactly? Just to make your own tunes for your game?

As for programming, you can ignore C++. It's good but there's other options. Unity uses both Javascript and C# which are significantly easier than C++. Unreal uses a flavor of C++ which, from my experience, is slightly easier than C++ but all I did was screw around with XCOM 2's source code.

Dollar signs and brackets... You only use dollar signs in specific kinds of languages like PHP. Brackets are there to isolate code blocks for whatever kind of logic you're working with (if statements, for loops, while loops, do-while, regular ol functions and methods, etc).

As far as programming being boring, I feel you on that. I don't see it as fun but I don't see it as boring. I see it as a means to an end, which is all it is. I don't know if an artist enjoys the physical movement of moving a pencil over the idea of pouring their idea out onto a canvas, or if a writer enjoys the actual pressing of keys on a keyboard when writing a chapter in MS Word.

I think, once you get used to programming that way, it becomes easier to deal with. I used to wonder why I thought programming wasn't making me happy, but then I realized I was happy I could actually make things.

Again, programming is just a means to an end.

Watching this Chelsea Does program on Netflix..holy shit. This racism episode. "The current definition of racism is if you're a white person who's breathing." 😕

hypernima

Banned
Come to DC. We'll show you around.

I'm already in the area, in fact I'm replying to this post from inside of DC.

Avoid LAX if you can help it

Why?

If you book early enough it shouldn't be hard to get tickets to go anywhere in the states for a low cost. Don't try and rush it just because you feel you have to, though. That being said, I've flown with Jet Blue and Virgin, and neither of them gave me any problems...aside from that annoying pre-flight song Virgin has.

I'll keep tabs on those airlines then, I heard southwest wasnt too bad though also.

Gattsu25

Banned
Oh, a card game. Gracias.

Even Monopoly, Risk and Mario Kart?

Don't know anyone that plays risk or mario kart. Monopoly is more lighthearted with a bunch of house rules to make the games go by quicker while also keeping people in the game until it's time to head out (stimulus packages, etc).

Dominoes, Poker, and fucking Jenga are deadly games, tho.

So yeah. Definitely give the episode on racism a look. She travels all over the U.S. Goes to a plantation that should be burned down. Talks to a bunch of traitors in the south and one up north. Visits with Walter Scott's family. It's 90% good, with some bullshit here and there. It was well done..

Dai101

Banned
Don't know anyone that plays risk or mario kart. Monopoly is more lighthearted with a bunch of house rules to make the games go by quicker while also keeping people in the game until it's time to head out (stimulus packages, etc).

Dominoes, Poker, and fucking Jenga are deadly games, tho.

Risk is the real friendship ender.

My brother and some friends of both are into Risk and boy...... shit is boring (to me, at least) but they can play for hours and hours! Never seen blood there tho'.

Now MK and Monopoly. I've seen fists fliying by.

Afrocious

the best way to play jenga and risk is to make it so other players dont wanna play with you again

for jenga: just take out all the blocks on the bottom

for risk: make up your own rules. make sure you sound convincing so the other players dont question you

My brother and some friends of both are into Risk and boy...... shit is boring (to me, at least) but they can play for hours and hours! Never seen blood there tho'.

Now MK and Monopoly. I've seen fists fliying by.

when a nigga from australia walks straight from china, into europe, into north america in a single conquest, you're gonna want to flip the table and never touch the game again

also the dice rolls in Risk are fucking rage inducing. i once held brazil with one dude against an army of twenty. risk is stupid as shit

Afrocious

playing monopoly with eight people is brutal

there were alliances and betrayals. around midgame, we had names for our businesses too.

we also had a friend of mine who went to business school. he was losing and this dude was trying so hard to make any kind of deal he could

i've never seen anyone hustle so hard for fake money

I feel you. I was never a fan of dressing up for white folks though. Did that for 364 days straight. Never again. Call me uppity but I consider myself above that shit. Arrogant business type white folks disgust me, and it's a shame that they dictate what is proper in finding jobs.

I know I'm talking from several points of privilege but hey.

Not to say folks who must do it are less than me or something. I'm just in a field where white folks can wear tattoos fine and not be judged.

Wait a sec, what field are you in?

Because if you say IT or Software Engineering, we're in the same field.

Afrocious

Wait a sec, what field are you in?

Because if you say IT or Software Engineering, we're in the same field.

software engineering

i'm currently a software engineer for cisco in RTP

it's not fancy but it looks nice when i
get the fuck out of this place and start my own goddamn black owned video game company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom