• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned

EZhXrzw.gif

harSon

Banned
Speeding Ticket

D:

For 44 mph on a 40

D:

"I'd let you off with a warning, but what would my superiors think if I came back at the end of the week with a low amount of citations?"

D:

Imm0rt4l

Speeding Ticket

D:

For 44 mph on a 40

D:

"I'd let you off with a warning, but what would my superiors think if I came back at the end of the week with a low amount of citations?"

D:

What in the actual fuck.

"Sorry man, it's bullshit, but it's either you or me, nothing personal"

*throws you under the bus

Man, I like Dr. Strange, but it's going to get hit hard by some Asian folk. The trailer feels like, "Here's some East Asian mysticism... without any East Asians." I know they have Wong up in there, but damn.

Man, I like Dr. Strange, but it's going to get hit hard by some Asian folk. The trailer feels like, "Here's some East Asian mysticism... without any East Asians." I know they have Wong up in there, but damn.

I'm astounded by the sharp casting of Tilda Swinton and totally love what they are going for but I would have given it up just to make the Ancient One Chinese

Slayven

Civil War is tooo good, so it's bad

Yeah hopefully they fix that

I'm astounded by the sharp casting of Tilda Swinton and totally love what they are going for but I would have given it up just to make the Ancient One Chinese

The casting is on point. I think they need a trailer to play up Wong a bit more, if he actually has a sizable part in the film.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I think thinkpieces should be outlawed. Too many dumb ones out there that people take as gospel to feel like they are smart. Actually it may be the fact that I see too many people reacting to thinkpieces that are full of crap like they are the holy grail of enlightenment that is the problem.

The casting is on point. I think they need a trailer to play up Wong a bit more, if he actually has a sizable part in the film.

Yeah they're not showing much but I hope he's a welcome element in the film.

I read a few good ones from a cat by the name of HA Goodman over at the Huffpost

Hah you might be right. Searched him and immediately got this:

If Hilary Treated Jewish Americans Like She Has African Americans, Dems Would Notice

Johndoey

Banned
Is that from that shitty Luke Cage Noir?

Punisher Max ft. fan favorite Barracuda.

Nothing wrong with that as long it has merit.But people should remember what they're put down for criticism before nitpicking stories that have giant green dude and thunder Gods in them. I just don't understand why they can't enjoy them for what they are sometimes. That's not to say you can't levy base criticism at the overall stories, plots, and character arcs, but when you're nitpicking about something really, really minor in a movie starring a super soldier?

Different strokes.

Ah I see what your saying. Yeah if anything pulls me out at the time of viewing I figure it's worth bringing up, but otherwise it's probably not worth seriously mentioning.

Shit still needs to have internal consistency otherwise what's the point of anything.

Nothing wrong with that as long it has merit.But people should remember what they're put down for criticism before nitpicking stories that have giant green dude and thunder Gods in them. I just don't understand why they can't enjoy them for what they are sometimes. That's not to say you can't levy base criticism at the overall stories, plots, and character arcs, but when you're nitpicking about something really, really minor in a movie starring a super soldier?

Different strokes.

So I saw you guys talking about Dudu Osen. I've used it before but it felt a bit harsh? These days I use a bar of raw African Black Soap, tho. I take tiny pieces and rub it into a ball to get rid of any sharp edges and rub it all over when bathing. Is Dudu Osen better than raw black soap?

"White people in a stereotypically Chinese acxent" love life of an Asian uses it

I hate when black folks do this. You'd think us more than anyone else know what it's like to be mocked because of unimportant differences.

Kreed

So I saw you guys talking about Dudu Osen. I've used it before but it felt a bit harsh? These days I use a bar of raw African Black Soap, tho. I take tiny pieces and rub it into a ball to get rid of any sharp edges and rub it all over when bathing. Is Dudu Osen better than raw black soap?

I just go with Dudu Osun cause it's cheap in packs and it doesn't have any ingredients I have to google. As long as it's African Black Soap it shouldn't make a difference.

We're sniffing around slavery and signing cars

The Dollop with Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds: 166
- The Racist Record Keeping of Virginia

http://traffic.libsyn.com/thedollop/The_Racist_Record_Keeping_of_Virginia.mp3

That asshole was on H.P. Lovecraft levels of racism, to be honest. And ended up screwing over some native tribes in the process, because it's always time for white supremacy to screw over Native Americans.

So just had a closest death in the family, my Grandad. Everybody is hurt pretty bad. Keep me in ya thoughts fam.

My condolences, Mike.

RedSwirl

I think thinkpieces should be outlawed. Too many dumb ones out there that people take as gospel to feel like they are smart. Actually it may be the fact that I see too many people reacting to thinkpieces that are full of crap like they are the holy grail of enlightenment that is the problem.

They can bring up good ideas but there are just too damn many these days. This is coming from someone who blog nothing but thinkpieces. The difference is I don't get paid wages for writing them. I just throw shit out there out of hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom