• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://youtu.be/3Wj8Yxa309E?t=4m26s

4 minutes and 26 seconds.

What a man.

What's the best Jodeci song then? I just don't get the appeal.

Yes.

I just remembered something and I'll give you this, Bell Biv DeVoe are much better live performers than Jodeci. I seen New Edition back in 2007, and K-Ci & Jojo opened for them, Man, this dude K-Ci debuted a song that night, that shit was so bad that when he asked "Did y'all like that??" Everyone was like "naw"

Then this dude got on the back of his security guard and rode through the crowd.

New Edition then came on and killed their performance, Ronnie, Ricky and Mike (BBD) performed their hits and ended with Poison at the end of the concert.

Yes.

I just remembered something and I'll give you this, Bell Biv DeVoe are much better live performers than Jodeci. I seen New Edition back in 2007, and K-Ci & Jojo opened for them, Man, this dude K-Ci debuted a song that night, that shit was so bad that when he asked "Did y'all like that??" Everyone was like "naw"

Then this dude got on the back of his security guard and rode through the crowd.

New Edition then came on and killed their performance, Ronnie, Ricky and Mike (BBD) performed their hits and ended with Poison at the end of the concert.

That sounds really fun. Poor K-Ci. I wonder what happened to them.

Africanus

So just had a closest death in the family, my Grandad. Everybody is hurt pretty bad. Keep me in ya thoughts fam.

My condolences. Never an easy thing.

---

The more I think about it, the more saddened I get by the African diaspora. I recall there was this one girl in my class who looked strikingly like a family member of mine in Nigeria, but in reality was just a regular African-American. It makes me wonder what connections there might be, how many distant relatives I could have all around the Americas. Maybe when DNA testing gets better.

That sounds really fun. Poor K-Ci. I wonder what happened to them.

Drugs.

I mean, they reunited with the rest of Jodeci and dropped a decent album like two years ago. New Edition on the other hand keeps splitting and rejoining. It was Bell Biv DeVoe vs. Heads of State ( Ralph, Johnny and Bobby). I've seen the latter in concert live because between those three they have more hits.

akira28

Yes.

this shit is killing me

and of course New Edition was drilled back in the day. Part of that 80s boy band machine that spit money, you know they practiced in their sleep.

Slayven

Ain't got time for no wine

original.jpg

3 shots will get you right as fuck

akira28

when all you have is liquor and you'd rather be smoking cannabis.

plus it's more efficient than 7 watered down American beers, if the point is to get scribbled up.

cdyhybrid

that hair shit he was doing turned out to be an algae based parasitic life form. it was an ugly end.

it's too much too fast. you can't even enjoy the ride.

Yeah, I've only partaken in 151 (well, 151 straight anyway - had it a bunch in some potent cocktails at a dive bar just off campus) a few times, all in college at the height of my powers. Those nights where you know going in "I'm getting fucked up tonight".

Slayven

Yeah, I've only partaken in 151 (well, 151 straight anyway - had it a bunch in some potent cocktails at a dive bar just off campus) a few times, all in college at the height of my powers. Those nights where you know going in "I'm getting fucked up tonight".

who were you with?

Trey

i'd drink with most of the BCT, 'sides slayven and gata.

slayven because his blood is 100% moonshine, and gata because he probably gets wild off wine coolers and would draw dicks on people's faces when they fall asleep.

slayven because his blood is 100% moonshine, and gata because he probably gets wild off wine coolers and would draw dicks on people's faces when they fall asleep.
No I'd steal your wallets and throw your shoes away.

Calling it a night, ladies and germs. Gotta get my beauty sleep and prepare myself for King T tomorrow! If any other BCTers watching in Miami, shoot me a PM.

Gnite, y'all..

Slayven

Once had 151 on an empty stomach.
BAD fucking idea.

drank about a pint of bacardi 151 in an hour or so.

not my finest night.
Y'all some champs

You not ready, stick to Smirnoff Ice

Numb

On a normal night I just go to sleep a little buzzed. But there have been times, like once I woke up in a fancy house cuddling with a dog, not a person in sight.
haha
Really hard to imagine the feeling when you have never been under the influence of anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom