• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

A mediocre overhyped movie is getting a lazy Hollywood remake? I'm shocked.
7pq1tGo.gif

Crocodile

It's a shame the movie theater near me closed like a year ago. Now whenever a hype movie is on the horizon I can't see it for ages since its such a pain for me to get to a movie theater. Gonna miss all the Civil War hype. I hope it delivers.

Also a hearty LOL at Ghost in the Shell movie for obvious reasons

real they just revealed Iceboy's bankai
is not to make him strong, but to keep him young. His bankai matured and he is a grownass man now

I am going to read reviews, cause I think it will be the lowest rated Marvel netflix show, if they go full black

*reads text under spoiler tag*

c86.jpg

I might need to check out this fuckery. Why isn't Bleach over yet? Hasn't this been like the final arc for YEARS now? Plus didn't he already have a bankai? Also I thought I heard he died a while ago? What the hell is going on in that manga?

Kreed

*reads text under spoiler tag*

c86.jpg

I might need to check out this fuckery. Why isn't Bleach over yet? Hasn't this been like the final arc for YEARS now? Plus didn't he already have a bankai? Also I thought I heard he died a while ago? What the hell is going on in that manga?

It's gotten hilariously bad. Every chapter is someone revealing the next step in their power up alternating between the bad guys and the good guys, only ending when one side's power up is more powerful than the other guys power up for arbitrary reasons. Yeah I know that "reads" like every shounen in existence but I'm being very literal here. There's no build up, no training arcs explaining where it came from, and the power up is only effective for the duration of the chapter it was shown in before being defeated in the next chapter when the enemy reveals their power up.

Ex: A few weeks ago
Kenpachi
got a new move followed by another new move a chapter later. Why didn't
Kenpachi
have access to these moves years ago? "He's never been this mad before."

Slayven

More Black Panther

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMdfj62iC_g&feature=youtu.be

It's gotten hilariously bad. Every chapter is someone revealing the next step in their power up alternating between the bad guys and the good guys, only ending when one side's power up is more powerful than the other guys power up for arbitrary reasons. Yeah I know that "reads" like every shounen in existence but I'm being very literal here. There's no build up, no training arcs explaining where it came from, and the power up is only effective for the duration of the chapter it was shown in before being defeated in the next chapter when the enemy reveals their power up.

Kenpachi
Kenpachi

But Kenpachi's fight with the imagination dude was dope, He tricked the dude into beating himself

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Kenpachi
Kenpachi

he had to highlander the previous kenpachi first

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Hey BCT how've you been?

Audience really letting their nerd flag fly, eh Gordon?
nigga who told you to have feelings? your own goddamn fault, and no sympathy for you. pick up your L at the front desk, and leave. fucking leave, before we have you removed.

fuckouttahear ghost in the shell live action with today's hollywood.
This is some hard truth.

Just like when Keanu playing Spike. Fortunately that was shelved. Doesn't look like the same is happening for GitS.

Kreed

But Kenpachi's fight with the imagination dude was dope, He tricked the dude into beating himself

That was when the fights and moves still had some build up. After the fight with the guy who controls ink, the manga went from entertaining fights to "why bother?".

Oh my gawd these nerds..I might just give away this ticket..SHUT UP..SHUT UP!!
"Do you know who Lobo is?" "No." "He's like a Dragonball Z character."

"I was training online in the evening to translate Japanese to English with a dictionary so I could talk to these girls on 2chan."

Dialogue heard at my screening.

Imm0rt4l

"I was training online in the evening to translate Japanese to English with a dictionary so I could talk to these girls on 2chan."

There has to be a word for having a reluctance to disclose your sensibilities or identify with those who share your hobby because of how incredibly lame people with those shared interests are. JFC that is so fucking cringeworthy.

Dai101

Banned

Headphones, man. They're scential for cases like those.

Or pay someone to hold your place in line while you go other place.

Gordon Shumway said:
Lay on your belly in line at the theater next to people's feet brehs..

well............

Kreed

Lay on your belly in line at the theater next to people's feet brehs..

Pray to the spaghetti monster you can get a good seat next to some normal people. Nothing ruins a movie faster than some who thinks he's ParaManMadeSlay wanting to provide blow by blow adlibs the entire show.

Slayven

Pray to the spaghetti monster you can get a good seat next to some normal people. Nothing ruins a movie faster than some who thinks he's ParaManMadeSlay wanting to provide blow by blow adlibs the entire show.

Hell no, nothing gets me fucked up is people trying to talk during the movie, When trailers come on I am in silent mode

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
There has to be a word for having a reluctance to disclose your sensibilities or identify with those who share your hobby because of how incredibly lame people with those shared interests are. JFC that is so fucking cringeworthy.

hiding your powerlevels. people look at me like i wear my batman beanie because of the recent movie, and i intend to keep it that way

nope, im not with that shit

akira28

Lay on the floor, spill popcorn, but don't let it go to waste brehs..and this is a second person, mind you..

i've seen people who look at dirt as a challenge. I don't know about all that body openness and comfort. I wonder if it comes from a privilege of some sort.

I wish you could get video

he has a phone, he can periscope it for us. I'm going to go see if I have any popcorn. reroute it to twitch or something and you can do a SWS on location.

I will throw blows and more blows until I've got pizza face stuck on my knuckles..fuck that..

There's a phrase for it. It's called sitting the fuck over here.

Headphones, man. They're scential for cases like those.

Or pay someone to hold your place in line while you go other place.
I got good friends with me. The looks on their faces listening to this shit, though.

Going through some random older threads, and I swear if someone took a survey of gaffers, the results would basically be;

Everyone is 7ft tall, has a 10+ inch dick, makes 6-7 figures, and is a bastion of morality, ethics and virtue.

Also does not wash.

Remember when we were kings and queens before The White Man came from mars?

Ugh. I know you're just making a joke, but I hate this Hotep trope about kings and queens. I appreciate the attempt to raise the self-esteem of our people, but really, do the math! If they were only grabbing kings and queens for the Transatlantic Slave Trade, there would only be a few hundred people in the Diaspora. One or two ships' worth.

Most of us are descended from ordinary folks. Artisans. Fighters. Religious. Farmers. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Slayven

Also does not wash.

Ugh. I know you're just making a joke, but I hate this Hotep trope about kings and queens. I appreciate the attempt to raise the self-esteem of our people, but really, do the math! If they were only grabbing kings and queens for the Transatlantic Slave Trade, there would only be a few hundred people in the Diaspora. One or two ships' worth.

Most of us are descended from ordinary folks. Artisans. Fighters. Religious. Farmers. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Oh Mrs.Manky someone tried Rod on tiwtter today, tried to get him into some kind of podcast pyramid scheme.

Aiustis

Also does not wash.

I always hated being called a princess or a queen. The reality is those kings and queens would be the ones getting our ancestors shipped off.

akira28

Also does not wash.

I always took that we were kings thing meaning we had kingdoms and cultural power once, and to not forget it. Not that we were literally kings and queens. I haven't been keeping up, and I don't know what they teach these young fellas in hotep school.

We see culture around us basically worship their old royalty and history like gods; rome, greece, the great feudal houses of the middle ages, etc. We had that. We maybe had ten times that. We'd never know it, but don't forget it was there. Obviously that all comes with having the best artisans, fighters, agriculturalists, etc.

But keep in mind the age, was like coming out of starvation, they latched onto Egypt, and superficial pan-africanists stay there and go no further. But a lot of people stuck with Egypt because there is an ongoing culture war for the meaning and interpretation of Egypt in the human story and African history. Egypt has slowly but surely been getting browner over the centuries, when once it was the prize of Greek culture and part of the cradle of White Civilization.

I always hated being called a princess or a queen. The reality is those kings and queens would be the ones getting our ancestors shipped off.

a lot like, you are at war with the kingdom to the south, and you are also being attacked by enemies to the north who have guns...who got them from some traveling white missionaries who were being paid by a foreign king. it was like a game of dominoes, or maybe a game of civilization...

some white traders offer to buy your prisoners of war and to sell them as slaves, they'll give you some guns, and they're really insistent.

I hate it when black woman try to tell me what to do with my hair when they have that not super nappy hair type.

I have internal screams in my head whenever someone tells me to cut/brush my hair and they don't even understand black hair and how it looks when brushed/combed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom