• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

I have internal screams in my head whenever someone tells me to cut/brush my hair and they don't even understand black hair and how it looks when brushed/combed.

we just recently went through "run a comb through yo head" Thursday. my advice: don't let furyous get a look at you.

Oh my fucking god. Update in the adventures of overheard conversations by nerds in line.

"Every time I dress up as Batman, people ask me to see my nipples. So I'm going to make a Batsuit with nipples."

scust.png

Slayven

I just can't get that black panther clip out my mind.
Nigga really ran up 3 stories and lapped Bucky who only had to run up one.

"Cybernetic agent Molly Kullen (Scarlet Johanson) protects the cyber-skreets of Neo Manhattan in Earth year 2019 in Ghost in the Shell."

"Brought to by award show-watching director Rupert Sanders."

we just recently went through "run a comb through yo head" Thursday. my advice: don't let furyous get a look at you.

I will be throwing hands at anyone who thinks I need clippers on my head because its not less than 1 inch in bulk.

Guys have it waay worse.

From my experience, its women that have it much worse. At least where I'm at right now. For men, if you try to do small afros, you're hit with the "go find some clippers" talk.

Aiustis

I will be throwing hands at anyone who thinks I need clippers on my head because its not less than 1 inch in bulk.

From my experience, its women that have it much worse. At least where I'm at right now. For men, if you try to do small afros, you're hit with the "go find some clippers" talk.

I'm in Ohio, it used to be bad for me when I was younger (never had my hair straightened) but now that half of every woman seems to be doing it, nobody cares.

What black person would ask the questions those black people ask in that Buzzfeed video? When did we become about watermelon? For real? What black person doesn't know about samba's and tar baby comics? Why do we say nigga but get mad when white people say it? What black person would seriously ask that question?

What black person would ask the questions those black people ask in that Buzzfeed video? When did we become about watermelon? For real? What black person doesn't know about samba's and tar baby comics? Why do we say nigga but get mad when white people say it? What black person would seriously ask that question?

Black people paid by Buzzfeed to make fools of themselves

Aiustis

Maybe you don't encounter enough Special Snowflake black people.

You know the same ones that are black, but not like other black people because they don't listen to rap, talk ghetto or eat fried chicken.

Seriously I've encountered a lot of those types; they are the same folk who pretty much have a diet racist view of black people and make excuses for white racism.

Maybe you don't encounter enough Special Snowflake black people.

You know the same ones that are black, but not like other black people because they don't listen to rap, talk ghetto or eat fried chicken.

Seriously I've encountered a lot of those types; they are the same folk who pretty much have a diet racist view of black people and make excuses for white racism.

But I can't with "why watermelon?" Everyone eats watermelon. It's one of the greatest fruits. Or the "why can we get on dance crazes but not politics?" Gee, I wonder. Maybe because to hear a dance song all you have to do is turn on the radio. Also, I'm pretty sure black people make up the largest racial majority in American politics and we have a very storied politician history. Asking this during the final year of our black presidents 8 year presidency is absolute foolishness and I think each and every one of those people who participated in that video should have their mothers slap them across the face whether it was for money or not.

But I can't with "why watermelon?" Everyone eats watermelon. It's one of the greatest fruits. Or the "why can we get on dance crazes but not politics?" Gee, I wonder. Maybe because to hear a dance song all hu have to do is turn on the radio. Also, I'm pretty sure black people make up the largest racial majority in American politics and we have a very storied politician history. Asking them during the final year of our black presidents 8 year presidency is absolute foolishness and I think each and every one of those people who participated in that video should have their mothers slap them across the face whether it was for money or not.

I haven't watched this video, but I agree.

I haven't watched this video, but I agree.

Can you imagine if Buzzfeed made a video called LGBT people ask LGBT people questions and they ask, with sincerity, things like:

Why anal?
How come you can't use the bathroom of your birth gender?
Why is AIDS such a big problem in our community? We should be over it by now.

I haven't watched but given the very nature of the video and the Internet reaction it must already be in the millions. Given its success I would bet Buzzfeed would legitimately make the video described above.

Yeah the video is dumb, I saw it the other day. My eyes glazed over when question like "if my dab is on fleek am i lit?" and "why am I not allowed to watch anime?" were posted.

Yeah the video is dumb, I saw it the other day. My eyes glazed over when question like "if my dab is on fleek am i lit?" and "why am I not allowed to watch anime?" were posted.

What?!

Black folks fucking love anime. Raekwon talked about forming like Voltron. Souljah Boy talked about he look like Goku. This video sounds worse than I thought.

What the fuck is that fleek question? A white person wrote that question.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Add Frank Ocean talking about majin buu to the examples of how clueless that buzzfeed bullshit is. It's obvious from personal experience but it also doesn't hold up from a popular culture perspective.

Dereck

Yeah, I'm steering clear of that shit.
Nah fam, you have to be a part of this, share our frustration.

Add Frank Ocean talking about majin buu to the examples of how clueless that buzzfeed bullshit is. It's obvious from personal experience but it also doesn't hold up from a popular culture perspective.
Fucking RZA made an entry in his book I think about DBZ and the appeal of it to black viewers. This video sounds absurd as fuck.
What is this shit about?

Merc_

What the fuck is that fleek question? A white person wrote that question.

I think the entire video is that. It's the Fox News thing of having a bunch of black mouthpieces saying shit that they know would get a white person rightfully called racist. Unfortunately, a fair number of black people will coon it up if the price is right.

Johndoey

Banned
I haven't seem the video but from what i've heard it's total vapid nonsense, It's made for white people to nod nod their heads at.

But come on y'all watermelon is overrated. It's nothing next to the superior Honeydew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom