• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

kXPUtRR.png

Ehhh...

Numb

I haven't seem the video but from what i've heard it's total vapid nonsense, It's made for white people to nod nod their heads at.

But come on y'all watermelon is overrated. It's nothing next to the superior Honeydew.
You would eat everything other than watermelon huh?

I don't agree with him at all but I can see and understand his personal interpretation of it. In the end, it's really no different than people thinking Piccolo is black. Under represented and maligned groups are going to do their own personal interpretation of pop culture. This is why gay dudes thought Ice Man was gay for the longest. It was really only evidence to show that there's nothing wrong with enjoying anime and being black. It's a fairly normal thing to the point where even celebrities openly talk about enjoying it.

I don't agree with him at all but I can see and understand his personal interpretation of it. In the end, it's really no different than people thinking Piccolo is black. Under represented and maligned groups are going to do their own personal interpretation of pop culture. This is why gay dudes thought Ice Man was gay for the longest. It was really only evidence to show that there's nothing wrong with enjoying anime and being black. It's a fairly normal thing to the point where even celebrities openly talk about enjoying it.

But Piccolo is definitely black though. I'm with Dereck, that shit is eh.

Shy

And folks stay asking for live action version of that meh tier anime. They going to get it
Nah, the films and S.A.C. are good, only Arise is meh, if that.
The Force Awakens/Boondocks crossover, by Mr. Drawmatic

I'm already trying to figure out how Huey fit all that hair under the helmet. And now BB-8 looks like he has Ruckus eyes, dammit.
That's a really cool cover.

shingi70

Banned
Civil War my niggas.

I'm in fucking awe of the Black Panther, Spider-man combo.

My boy who loves Batman says his favourite new Superhero is T'challa.

How is my all time favorite friendly neighborly Spider-Man in the film? Spidey is the heart and soul of Civil War. It doesn't work without him and given how CW turned out...

Either way, it can't be worse than the comics.

shingi70

Banned
Did they show the Necropolis?

no
we do see a
Dora Milaje

T'challa's every move and action has a regal air to it. He's constantly in conrtol even when he seemingly has the disadvantage.

The whole movie does what Batman V Superman sets out to do in a more subtle and adult fashion.

no
we do see a
Dora Milaje

T'challa's every move and action has a regal air to it. He's constantly in conrtol even when he seemingly has the disadvantage.

The whole movie does what Batman V Superman sets out to do in a more subtle and adult fashion.

Who do you work for?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
How is my all time favorite friendly neighborly Spider-Man in the film? Spidey is the heart and soul of Civil War. It doesn't work without him and given how CW turned out...

Either way, it can't be worse than the comics.

Spideys not the heart and soul of civil war. He was a pawn that was used up and thrown in the trash. Civil war has no heart

akira28

Spideys not the heart and soul of civil war. He was a pawn that was used up and thrown in the trash. Tony Stark has no heart

and if the watcher had multi-versal memory, he'd be making shaq faces at Stark and Mary-Jane, considering the fuckery that happened during and just before Civil War.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Watch the movie and then comeback go this comment.

they wouldnt do to him in the movie what they did to him in the comic. that would be stupid. but as far as the comic goes, civil war was a spider man shit show

and if the watcher had multi-versal memory, he'd be making shaq faces at Stark and Mary-Jane, considering the fuckery that happened during and just before Civil War.

i dont think he was paying attention or cared enough. he called him out during the what if though

shingi70

Banned
My review.
Captain America: Civil War is the best realization of characters to the screen since the Dark Knight or the Avengers. It's also a contender for best Comic book movie of all time and a shoo in for movie of the year. The film has a ton of spectacle, but still finds time to slow down the pace even amidst action to give small character moments and have the cast play off each other. The thing is through the pessimistic and malevolent tones that comes with a superhero War, the movie is able to find spots of hope and enjoyment throughout, by small and sometime large doses of humor to contrast the seriousness of the situation, with out undermining the ongoing conflict. Newcomers Spider-man and Black Panther are given the respect they serve and have full character arcs that firmly establish them in the MCU while taking a direct inspiration from the pages of the 616. Other characters are given ample time and you see an evolution from where we last saw them in previous movies in the universe. Despite this all star cast this is firmly a Captain America film and Steve Rogers is at the heart and soul of not only the film, but the Superhuman community. If I had to give the movie a rating it's a pure 5/5.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty pissed at Bernie hand-waving my vote for him with some "Deep-South" shit during tonight's debate. Let this primary end already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom