• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merc_

Bernie wasn't a smooth operator, but I still believe Clinton would sell any one of us out for some unseasoned chicken.

Eh, I don't see either one of them being much help to us. All we can really expect is for them to not actively go out of their way to fuck us over.

...For the most part anyway.

Slayven

Just checked the spoilers page

lBYwEDm.gif

Slayven

Indeed. It's Tenochtitlan . Now buried under the City Of Mexico. The Museo del Templo Mayor excavations has uncovered part of the ruins of the old Templo and other artifacts:

Guess what was deposited there, yeah. You guessed

Man I bet there is still all kind of shit still in jungles of central and south america.

FyreWulff

There was a note made a while back that the US itself is basically built on top of an apocalypse too. Natives in the northern US had complex cities with layouts and everything, not just tepees in a field. Early sailors that came near North America reported massive smog clouds from all their heating fires.

It's likely that America had a larger or at least comparable population than Europe until plague killed off 90% of the native population. Look up Cahokia.

akira28

Eh, I don't see either one of them being much help to us. All we can really expect is for them to not actively go out of their way to fuck us over.

...For the most part anyway.

long game, Bernie would be a big help. Short term, Hillary is a safe bet.

Capitalism has the world in a vice and the momentum is only going in one direction, has been for a long time, and isn't stopping any time soon. We all aren't going to be rich. But we can all be poor, and unfortunately Hillary is deeply entrenched in that current system, fought her way in tooth and nail to neoliberal power structure that is global. Bernie is something of a wildcard. Its gonna happen either way, but Bernie might make it easier. The other ways are a little bumpier...or a lot bumpier.

akira28

There was a note made a while back that the US itself is basically built on top of an apocalypse too. Natives in the northern US had complex cities with layouts and everything, not just tepees in a field. Early sailors that came near North America reported massive smog clouds from all their heating fires.

It's likely that America had a larger or at least comparable population than Europe until plague killed off 90% of the native population. Look up Cahokia.

An Indigenous Peoples' History of the United States tells a bit of that story. and yeah, there were many millions of people here when the white man came. It wasn't just some forests and a bunch of savage post-cavemen living in a natural garden of eden. They were advanced natural scientists that cultivated the land into what the people who came over in boats wrote songs about centuries later. People park their cars over the resting places of a great people we'd never knew existed if it were left up to the others. But people fought to preserve their heritage, and luckily they had a few allies.

Dai101

Banned
That is the fanciest toilet I've ever seen.

Wrong. Also, bruh....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chacmool

Chacmool (also spelled chac-mool) is the term used to refer to a particular form of pre-Columbian Mesoamerican sculpture depicting a reclining figure with its head facing 90 degrees from the front, supporting itself on its elbows and supporting a bowl or a disk upon its stomach. These figures possibly symbolised slain warriors carrying offerings to the gods; the bowl upon the chest was used to hold sacrificial offerings, including pulque, tamales, tortillas, tobacco, turkeys, feathers and incense. In an Aztec example the receptacle is a cuauhxicalli (a stone bowl to receive sacrificed human hearts).

Man I bet there is still all kind of shit still in jungles of central and south america.

Probably. If jungle hasn't already devoured everything.

Black Panther was raw as fuck. Spider-Man was great. Movie might just be the one to beat. I'll leave spoilers in the designated thread. Totally worth it..nasty nerds be damned.

Malyse

You know what you signed up for
I'm waiting for the cosplays
MALYSE!!

There is a new Kingdom Hearts game out. You should know damn well when one of my top six franchises drops in, imma ghost.

course, half the franchises are KIA. 5aints Row wheeeennnn?

Numb

There is a new Kingdom Hearts game out. You should know damn well when one of my top six franchises drops in, imma ghost.

course, half the franchises are KIA. 5aints Row wheeeennnn?
Maybe later
When you have only 1 top franchise and it might aswell be region locked :(

RedSwirl

I think there was a brand new ruin somebody found in Colombia like, a couple years ago. You better believe there's more out there, and we haven't found it yet because:

1) A shitload of the Amazon rainforest is still unexplored because you can't see through the trees with planes and it's about the size of the continental US. There are motherfucking tribes of PEOPLE down there who've still never made contact with white people. Ever.

2) The jungle down there is so dense you could be literally like 200ft away from a major ruin and not notice it.

Numb

Can't wait to take the girls on the 5th..

Dude. Some of the nastiest "people" I've ever dealt with..and I was a bouncer for almost a decade..
You would think they'll be on their best behaviour and cleanest gear when being stuck in a room with 100s of people for 2hrs
Just cross fingers and hope you get a seat next to less nasty one.
There was a dude who almost ruined Mad Max for me with his nastiness

You would think they'll be on their best behaviour and cleanest gear when being stuck in a room with 100s of people for 2hrs
Just cross fingers and hope you get a seat next to less nasty one.
There was a dude who almost ruined Mad Max for me with his nastiness

I scanned the seats and stayed the fuck away from everyone I deemed unpleasant during my 4 hour wait. Had a space on either side of me..not bad at all. The wait was the killer..

A nice shower with African black soap, a nice deep condition and hair detangle, hair put into Bantu knots, body covered in lotion, and feet massaged with Shea butter.

Self care is bliss.

I can't stop this KI training and we scrub some SFV matches if you in?
Lucky
When the seats are already assigned is the bad thing
Waiting was worth it

I just put on lotion and Shea. I'm not going to even poke my arcade stick. Join me and a gaffer tomorrow. We gonna have a training sesh. Never played KI but it looks great.

So...how about that Spider-Man?

Spider-Man is the best super hero not named Kamala Khan.

Numb

I just put on lotion and Shea. I'm not going to even poke my arcade stick. Join me and a gaffer tomorrow. We gonna have a training sesh. Never played KI but it looks great.

Will do. I believe you already have my Number
cfn is Number. kappa
Game is easy minus the rock,paper,scissors combo breaking. Tutorial is amazing.

As are these Doritos..

I will never forgive them for killing off Guacamole Doritos. The taco kind is fire though.

Will do. I believe you already have my Number
cfn is Number. kappa
Game is easy minus the rock,paper,scissors combo breaking. Tutorial is amazing.

Yeah, niggas keep talking about that tutorial and I wanna experience it. We're training with GodFearingRyu aka Paolo.

Numb? Is that you? You changed your name?

Numb

I will never forgive them for killing off Guacamole Doritos. The taco kind is fire though.

Yeah, niggas keep talking about that tutorial and I wanna experience it. We're training with GodFearingRyu aka Paolo.

Numb? Is that you? You changed your name?
Oh god. God fearing ryu is the rushdown guy. I had to train my anti-airs just cos of him. Hope it works.
Yes i was Numb. I was Numb all along. Changed named but tag got changed at the same time and i disappeared from everyone's mind :(

Well it'll be good practice. He plays a pretty solid Ryu. I've been training my Laura...*cracks knuckles*

Oh okay. I had no idea who the fuck you were. I was all "who is this new FGC gaf poster?" and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom