• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i was Numb. I was Numb all along.

runzocizdejgugz5jdel.jpg

I won't be the best practice because I'm still learning FG fundamentals and one of my main weaknesses now is learning how to maximize damage and capitalize after winning footsies, which is what Laura is all about. But we learn and get better one day at a time. Hopefully you and God Fearing will help me learn to play more offensively.

Numb

You've put in more effort than anyone i've seen and will get there quick.
I won't be super aggresive playing Vega and mainly try to play footsies and poke so you'll have alot of opportunity to to be offensive, and fighting the rushdown of GFR will cover the other side.

Oh right, your Claw brings the damage. I dare you to footsies only: no specials, only normals, throws, v moves, and super. First to 10. Could help us level up.

And lots more have put in more effort. I just haven't given up!

Numb

Watching streams and floe's tutorial it doesn't seem like i'm doing the same stuff and using the best tools they are
Still got a long way to improve

We could try the footsies only set. Seems interesting but i think i might have the advantage with my walk speed and better normals

Watching streams and floe's tutorial it doesn't seem like i'm doing the same stuff and using the best tools they are
Still got a long way to improve

We could try the footsies only set. Seems interesting but i think i might have the advantage with my walk speed and better normals

What Floe tutorial? The Floechart series?

You have advantage with mobility and walk speed and limb length but I also have a fast forward and back dash and vskill dash. Also, 5HK, 1MP, 5HP, and 2MK.

Numb

What Floe tutorial? The Floechart series?

You have advantage with mobility and walk speed and limb length but I also have a fast forward and back dash and vskill dash. Also, 5HK and 2MK.

Yeah. Outdated now tbh but there is some useful stuff in general
Always forget about her vskill dash. HK crush counter is scary too
ohhh, NUMB

damn breh, i nearly forgot that was you
Someone remembers ;_;

AKA The better Superman

His video on turns is ok. I honestly find there to be better tutorials out there. I don't think he's the best teacher. Good player though.

If you haven't already, watch James Chen's First Attack series on UltraChen TV.

He deduces footsies to its most base parts and says that we already know how to play Street Fighter and fighting games. It's just that for some reason our brain turns off while doing so.

What this video. This dude gave such prized and detailed info for free. He uses Link to the Past to teach fighting game fundamentals. James Chen the GOAT.

http://youtu.be/sW0foh-ijoI

Numb

I miss Aizen.
super long build up and defeat
Then it goes on into randoms out of nowhere when it should have ended there. smh
His video on turns is ok. I honestly find there to be better tutorials out there. I don't think he's the best teacher. Good player though.

If you haven't already, watch James Chen's First Attack series on UltraChen TV.

He deduces footsies to its most base parts and says that we already know how to play Street Fighter and fighting games. It's just that for some reason our brain turns off while doing so.

What this video. This dude gave such prized and detailed info for free. He uses Link to the Past to teach fighting game fundamentals. James Chen the GOAT.

http://youtu.be/sW0foh-ijoI
Haven't seen it. Will do. Watched the Juicebox one a couple of times. Wonder what the differences between the two are

Trey

Oh god. God fearing ryu is the rushdown guy. I had to train my anti-airs just cos of him. Hope it works.
Yes i was Numb. I was Numb all along. Changed named but tag got changed at the same time and i disappeared from everyone's mind :(

you'll always be the homie, numb. Even if you change your name.

Numb

you'll always be the homie, numb. Even if you change your name.

You are always the best ,Trey

-----

James driving home the point of not pressing buttons alot and being calm. Creating space. It is more basic than what Juicebox but you are already assumed to know alot by the time you get to his video. The slow SF movement has always been slighter harder coming from Tekken where you are moving all over the place all the time with a freuency x5 times more than SF. So it's hard being patient and not pressing stuff.

You are always the best ,Trey

-----

James driving home the point of not pressing buttons alot and being calm. Creating space. It is more basic than what Juicebox but you are already assumed to know alot by the time you get to his video. The slow SF movement has always been slighter harder coming from Tekken where you are moving all over the place all the time with a freuency x5 times more than SF. So it's hard being patient and not pressing stuff.

I suggest you watch James' entire intro series. It's five parts long. That was part 2. He says you should treat buttons like currency. The more buttons you press, the less currency you have. He said he'd give you 200 dollars with the caveat that he'd take a dollar away for every button pressed. James is a fantastic teacher and uses his platform in a very responsible manner in ways even non fighting game fans can understand.

Numb

I suggest you watch James' entire intro series. It's five parts long. That was part 2. He says you should treat buttons like currency. The more buttons you press, the less currency you have. He said he'd give you 200 dollars with the caveat that he'd take a dollar away for every button pressed. James is a fantastic teacher and uses his platform in a very responsible manner in ways even non fighting game fans can understand.

Just 5 SFV vids? i can get through them quick
broke if button presses were currency ;_;

Numb

Playlist for all five.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL45-KVgrSkf4X981AoUKPlz34VNnJFhYp

Start with part 1. It's great positive thinking and reinforces his skill as a great teacher.

http://youtu.be/lZ1iwkbhlYs

And done.
Easy to digest. Uses alot of examples outside fighters and brings it back.
Leads to you figuring out the core thing he was trying to explain before he comes back to it.
Zoning,footisies,ranges,baiting,punishing,conditioning etc and boils it down in a way ayone can understand.

Slayven

Black Panther was raw as fuck. Spider-Man was great. Movie might just be the one to beat. I'll leave spoilers in the designated thread. Totally worth it..nasty nerds be damned.
better than unseasoned chicken?
PoliGAF is a lot more enjoyable to lurk when people who don't know much don't post
I must ruin it for you
And now it's time for GUESS THE RAAAAAAAACE!

(double the points and the raaaace, double the points and the raaaaace)

Lenard Brothers would be banned so fast here

Zootopia was amazing fam. Shit did a better job talking about race relations than many movies.

Batman v Superman was complete and utter garbage. I don't know how anyone could like that shit.

Zootopia was amazing fam. Shit did a better job talking about race relations than many movies.

Ok. Think I'm gonna have to watch this with the girls tonight/tomorrow. Everyone has been so positive about it.

Batman v Superman was complete and utter garbage. I don't know how anyone could like that shit.

It's just ok. Some folks love/hate it..I just find it an average movie. Still hoping the long cut fixes some issues I had with it. But yeah, nothing to write home about..IMHO.

Ok. Think I'm gonna have to watch this with the girls tonight/tomorrow. Everyone has been so positive about it.

Man it's amazing like no exaggeration. It touches on eugenics, the word "nigga" and who can say it, that "you're so articulate" nonsense, touching of someone's hair, segregation (shops for "others"). Shit was just too real.

It's just ok. Some folks love/hate it..I just find it an average movie. Still hoping the long cut fixes some issues I had with it. But yeah, nothing to write home about..IMHO.

Man me and the girl I was with were so bored we looked up funny videos on our phone and made jokes after every scene.

She said: "Wait, they're upset because Batman branded people and not the fact this nigga has killed like 40 dudes?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom