• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Technology is the black man's friend.

All that shit and she could have spun it different ways.

Started off with TV's bringing an unblinking eye to the evil hearts and actions of America. You can't, easily, hand wave attacking dogs and water hoses.

Now we have to go deeper than street level. Break out the phones. Twist it so you can start recording immediately. So you can present your defense.

That's what I'll tell my kids, at least.

Lost niggas
snoop.png

Slayven

Man..lol. You just freaked me out. Was reading that Fan4stic thread (again), and it felt like you were stalking me for a minute..

Funny I was listening to an old podcast review of the movie and shit is still funny how bad it was.

I never saw your review for civil war, is paypal holding the money?

akira28

so...her racism done pushed her off the ledge into full blown crazy. Hope she gets help, and she needs to stay home. Find a retiree job or something.

Yay! I'm an another!!!

sorry man, my paper bag says otherwise.

and racism and mental issues go hand in hand, my dude. General anxiety on top of a non-human super-predator standing live and big as day in your face, asking to be treated like a normal person?

maybe I've just seen some shit, but the two are never mutually exclusive. put it like this, the crazy thoughts are the abnormal ones. "get your black kids out of here, oh and incedentally, you're wearing grey underwear, I'm going to go crazy because of it!"

might even be the whole "running around here with their underwear showing" which is just a code switch.

Funny I was listening to an old podcast review of the movie and shit is still funny how bad it was.
BvS has nothing to worry about in that department..superior as fuck in comparison. Fan4stic has me revisiting a thread just to laugh. I don't see that happening with BvS ever..at least I liked half of that movie.
I never saw your review for civil war, is paypal holding the money?

Heh. I gave a summary in the spoiler thread for what I liked here. If you want more specific, PM. I've got things I haven't gotten into yet, but I feel like I need a second viewing to give it a proper score. It's gonna be high tho..shit was a blast.

Black women of gaf help me out. I've been going natural for about two years now and after I got out of school back in December of 2014 I had been constantly looking for work. I was unemployed for about eight or nine months and had been on a few interviews, but my mother was ingrained that no one would hire me with a nappy ass head and despite being interviewed by someone who had dreads, my mother says that it doesn't matter because he already got his job, he ain't trying to hire you with your hair like that and I did have an internship at a black TV station last year too while I had dreads and one of the male staff had them as well, but she dismisses that.

I have an interview Monday for a position at my old school and the same criticism pops up from my mom. I don't want to relax my hair or wear a weave, but I want something professional. Right now I got some two strand twists and I was thinking about twisting them out and then tying it back in a ponytail.

akira28

I thought we were done with this mess?

we? she is an interesting strong white woman who successfully infiltrated the black community. Her story is amazing and people would definitely want to read it.

would they have the audacity to make a movie?
YIDejy5.gif

act locally, think globally. globally and locally, the black person is...

Bubba T

I'm hoping I get a job lined up after I graduate this December. It's tough getting into an accounting firm when you don't go to a target school. :-/

akira28

oh hey people in Maryland, early voting started 2 days ago, and is ongoing, I think even today possibly. Check your local places.

Vote Donna Edwards.

single working class black mom who worked her way up, if you don't vote for her..I'm just saying...you don't know who represents you, if you're supporting establishment millionaire Van Hollen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom