• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Quality cornbread and cheap meat. Large amounts of inexpensive meatloaf and chicken mostly. It's goddamn amazing.
Ahhh. Ok. Thanks.
Good morning, folks..
Morning.
Gnite, brother Shy..
Thanks
Good morning my fellow darkies (and others).
Morning.
I"m going to have me a blueberry cake doughnut topped with maple bacon icing for breakfast.
That sounds yummy.
They probably light skin on top of it.
I beg you, don't do that light skin shit.
The ex showed up for my birthday -_-
That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that.

Also. Happy birthday.
warning on going to their webpage, don't scroll too far down
Too late for that. :(

😁😁😁

---

You know what I just remembered I've hated in the past? These horrible niggas taking my red wine and dropping ice cubes in them..the FUCK?? Random red wine thought..😒

Make me.

I'm only joking, I'm mixed my damn self I'm pretty sure me and Harson the same complexion.

But are you thirsty enough to gargle the sweat/shit combo that runs down Jandro's hind side just for the chance to be the bag that (insert random harSon bae) dumps their discarded tampons in?

Well..are you?

You sounding mighty siddy right now

But I don't season my food. Make up your mind, boss..

But are you thirsty enough to gargle the sweat/shit combo that runs down Jandro's hind side just for the chance to be the bag that (insert random harSon bae) dumps their discarded tampons in?

Well..are you?

scust.png

Depends how heavy their flow was that month.

Malyse

Children's singalongs are weird as fuck, mane. And they are getting the songs wrong too. You can also see a lot of PC culture in it too, but I don't take issue with them acknowledging that single Dads exist alongside of single Moms.
RT 90% so shouldn't be trash
---
Blasian
Haven't finished an FF game. FF9 a good start? Interested in the new PC one. Got 5,6,7 and tactics too.
Play 6, then 9. It's hard to appreciate call backs you have no reference for.

Black women of gaf help me out. I've been going natural for about two years now and after I got out of school back in December of 2014 I had been constantly looking for work. I was unemployed for about eight or nine months and had been on a few interviews, but my mother was ingrained that no one would hire me with a nappy ass head and despite being interviewed by someone who had dreads, my mother says that it doesn't matter because he already got his job, he ain't trying to hire you with your hair like that and I did have an internship at a black TV station last year too while I had dreads and one of the male staff had them as well, but she dismisses that.

I have an interview Monday for a position at my old school and the same criticism pops up from my mom. I don't want to relax my hair or wear a weave, but I want something professional. Right now I got some two strand twists and I was thinking about twisting them out and then tying it back in a ponytail.

First off, never call your dreadlocks "unprofessional".

Second, my mom tells me this. She would often bad mouth my hair, though she said she's jealous sometimes because she tells me I have "good hair." I've found it very demeaning and unsupportive at times, and to hear my own mother talk about my hair like this has been really hurtful, and tells me a lot about how she views her own. She hot combs her hair. I try to suck it up but it's such a shame seeing the damaging effects white supremacy has instilled on my mama.

As for your question, about any style would do.

A traditional go to for a lot of natural women is a Wash And Go. It's popular because it's easy to do and not time extensive while still looking wonderful.

aTkkGss.jpg

A twist up do is more complicated. It's more "conservative" and while beautiful can be time extensive.

flat-twist-updo-6.jpg

Twist outs are my favorite. They're lush but still "conservative", while still being wild and sexy. It's also diverse and there's a billion ways to do twist outs.

jh9PAxN.jpg

Curls-Understood-Fluffy-Twist-Out-690x458.jpg

2Cwzvh5.jpg

Cornrows are a great alternative. While you're trying to stay away from "unprofessional" (ugh) styles, hear me out. You can make them as simple or as complicated you want. You can do one half of your head as a cornrow and the other half as a twist out, and look sexy as hell. You can use the cornrow as function and help promote hair growth.

FullSizeRender-32-620x440.jpg

Bantu knots are a what I have on now. You may recognize it from Orange Is The New Black. The point of Bantus is to achieve insane curls.

Bantu knots before and after

B9zbFLL.jpg

how-to-style-hair-after-bantu-knots-1.jpg

Another alternative is a simple ass pony tail.

African-american-Clip-in-brown-font-b-afro-b-font-kinky-curly-virgin-brazilian-hair-drawstring.jpg

w53tehO.jpg

Or, you could just flat iron and it still keep your hair natural.

8ce2e8c348fb5bcb2a40b74290c989ea.jpg

Numb

Autocorrect. OR, I'm going to hank of (I wrote JACK OFF) in (wrote on) the mic and come (wrote cum) in a very dry, yet booked (wrote boiled for our Asian loving friend) chicken sandwich. However you wanna play it, son..
Your autocorrect goes to some lewd stuff
I'm online if it's time

Malyse

Seeing Cindi's post reinforces my argument that a good portion of why black people are considered fashionable is due to black women being relentlessly fabulous.

Second, my mom tells me this. She would often bad mouth my hair, though she said she's jealous sometimes because she tells me I have "good hair." I've found it very demeaning and unsupportive at times, and to hear my own mother talk about my hair like this has been really hurtful, and tells me a lot about how she views her own. She hot combs her hair. I try to suck it up but it's such a shame seeing the damaging effects white supremacy has instilled on my mama.

A traditional go to for a lot of natural women is a Wash And Go. It's popular because it's easy to do and not time extensive while still looking wonderful.

aTkkGss.jpg

A twist up do is more complicated. It's more "conservative" and while beautiful can be time extensive.

flat-twist-updo-6.jpg

Twist outs are my favorite. They're lush but still "conservative", while still being wild and sexy. It's also diverse and there's a billion ways to do twist outs.

jh9PAxN.jpg

2Cwzvh5.jpg

Cornrows are a great alternative. While you're trying to stay away from "unprofessional" (ugh) styles, hear me out. You can make them as simple or as complicated you want. You can do one half of your head as a cornrow and the other half as a twist out, and look sexy as hell. You can use the cornrow as function and help promote hair growth.

Bantu knots are a what I have on now. You may recognize it from Orange Is The New Black. The point of Bantus is to achieve insane curls.

B9zbFLL.jpg

African-american-Clip-in-brown-font-b-afro-b-font-kinky-curly-virgin-brazilian-hair-drawstring.jpg

w53tehO.jpg

All of them!

tumblr_mkwvbt73JR1r72ht7o1_250.gif

royalan

aTkkGss.jpg

flat-twist-updo-6.jpg

jh9PAxN.jpg

2Cwzvh5.jpg

B9zbFLL.jpg

w53tehO.jpg

#BlackHair
#BlackBeauty
#BlackVersatility
#LoveYourNaps
#DatBantuLife
#YASSSSS
#PhuckYoUnprofessional

Another piece of advice is, unless you're doing something really elaborate with your hair like an updo, just do it yourself.

A lot of "natural" hair salons are rip offs and will charge you 50-75 for a regular ass twist out.

Another thing is a lot of salons have girls there who have no idea what they're doing and are too hard on the hair, stretch it without moisture, and even damage it.

If you're Black American, I suggest not going to an African salon (usually Nigerian or Ghanaian). Not only will they talk about you in their language, but African's are known for being hard as fuck on the hair and it. will. hurt.

Look for alternatives, like a girlfriend who is good with natural hair, or a salon you really, really trust.

A lot of natural women just do them shits ourselves. Most salons still don't cater to natural hairstyles, and the ones that do either fuck your hair up, are ran by African's, or are outrageously expensive. With youtube tutorials and practice, you won't need to go to the salon.

Dai101

Banned

aTkkGss.jpg

flat-twist-updo-6.jpg

jh9PAxN.jpg

2Cwzvh5.jpg

B9zbFLL.jpg

w53tehO.jpg

I say "Dios mio"

Bellezas, gorgeous all of them.

D i Z

Went luggage shopping today. While I miss the good old days when you could get a seriously durable and stylish leather set, I get why we've moved away from that. My biggest concern (yet to be founded cos I haven't taken the new set out on a trip yet) is the build quality. Things are lighter now with the weight limitations being beyond ridiculous and expensive on flights. But all of this delicate plastic that's commonly used doesn't look like it could handle any real rough and tumble. I ended up getting what rolls well, handled my foot going upside it a couple of times, and wouldn't lead to any conclusions about my lifestyle with standout designs.

Also, chippy first day of play off basketball is the best. Prima donnas get that hands all over wake up call that they don't get during reg season.

9 is already great, but will seem absolutely godlike in comparison to the absolutely boring 6.

Both are great. 9 has more whimsy than 6 tho. Easier to get into, and might feel a bit more inviting for a first time player to the series. Especially if they are drawn to FF as a franchise to get into for later versions.

Aiustis:

birthday-dog.gif

Was gonna be a booty shakin gif, but I don't know you like that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom