• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

All this hair talk making me wish I had a black mullet like my boy Ye. Right from that 808's and Heartbreak period.

fishsticks.jpg

I am trying to invent the black rat tail

126716857_90e689e4bd_o.jpg

AvatarGAF is making feel bad.... Am I seriously the only person on this forum that never seen Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood?!

Just watch the fights on Youtube. You aren't missing out on the rest. Outside of those, the show is garbage art and garbage animation. I still don't know why they thought all those backgrounds that look like crayon with a Photoshop filter over it and shitty lineart was a good idea.

Look at this background art. Look above their heads. Look how that's drawn.

But no, they draw faces so gooooood. Like this example below.

That's how faces are drawn. Or how about anatomy, like Edward in the example below.

Oh yeah, that's how anatomy and perspective works.

Fuck this show.

Somebody was paid money to draw this?

The price of digital. If it's cheap, it doesn't look good. You have to go all out to make digital animated characters look good.

Cel has higher highs but it's more expensive. Cheap cel looks better than cheap digital though. But expensive digital can look as good as expensive cel. Problem is, most studios see digital as a cheap alternative to cel, and aren't willing to shell money to produce quality work.

FyreWulff

The price of digital. If it's cheap, it doesn't look good. You have to go all out to make digital animated characters look good.

Cel has higher highs but it's more expensive. Cheap cel looks better than cheap digital though. But expensive digital can look as good as expensive cel. Problem is, most studios seem digital as a cheap alternative to cel, and aren't willing to shell money to produce quality work.

Reminds me of how 3D movies became a thing. What did studios do instead of filming in 3D? Made shitty flat "cardboard popup" fast post-conversions of 2D films and flooded the market with shitty 3D to catch the tail of the good 3D movies and took most of the market down with them.

"It's technically 3D!"

Slayven

You actually watched that? Thought you could dudu from a mile away
Linebarrels of Iron was the mecha that stopped me
I got it on a dvd from New Type USA
RahXephon is an anime classic and I will not allow you to disparage its name!

The backgrounds in that show. Lawd.

RahXephon: Evangelion done right!

giphy.gif

Eva done right is a scientific impossibility. Eva is shit from top to bottom and it only got worse. The only good part was The Goddess cover of "Fly me to the moon"

jmood88

When 80's/90's fashion came back rat tails didn't. I wouldn't worry about it.
I saw a couple kids with rat tails just yesterday and some of my teacher friends have said that it's starting to come back, for whatever reason.

AvatarGAF is making feel bad.... Am I seriously the only person on this forum that never seen Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood?!
If it's anime or anime-adjacent, I probably haven't seen it.

Reminds me of how 3D movies became a thing. What did studios do instead of filming in 3D? Made shitty flat "cardboard popup" fast post-conversions of 2D films and flooded the market with shitty 3D to catch the tail of the good 3D movies and took most of the market down with them.

"It's technically 3D!"

The best medium to me seems to be an in between like how Studio Ghibli produces work. They hand draw their work but paint it digitally. The perfect compromise. And now their next film is going to be 3d. *cries*

I saw a couple kids with rat tails just yesterday and some of my teacher friends have said that it's starting to come back, for whatever reason.

No, no, no, no. :(

Talking shit about FMA, smh

we ain't ever gonna make it

There's a good FMA and a bad FMA. The bad one is the one getting talked about. The good one has an understanding of art, linework, anatomy, facial consistency, geography, choreography, directing, film history, war history, race, and dramatic storytelling. It wasn't perfect, but it had more going for it by a long shot. Brotherhood could coast on being an adaption of a bigger, less personal version of the story with more characters, but it was a shit adaption that couldn't spend time developing its storylines and characters in a personal way and had to crunch stories down probably due to budget.

Numb

giphy.gif

Eva done right is a scientific impossibility. Eva is shit from top to bottom and it only got worse. The only good part was The Goddess cover of "Fly me to the moon"

Watching RahX and Asura Cryin back to back was one hell of a trip

Johndoey

Banned

giphy.gif

Dude yes, I thought I was the only one. Evangelion ain't shit, but that cover is beautiful. Fill your work with enough bland religious allegories and neurotic characters (no matter how one-dimensional they actually are) and people will climb out of their skin to call it deep.

Just watch the fights on Youtube. You aren't missing out on the rest. Outside of those, the show is garbage art and garbage animation. I still don't know why they thought all those backgrounds that look like crayon with a Photoshop filter over it and shitty lineart was a good idea.

Look at this background art. Look above their heads. Look how that's drawn.

But no, they draw faces so gooooood. Like this example below.

That's how faces are drawn. Or how about anatomy, like Edward in the example below.

Oh yeah, that's how anatomy and perspective works.

Fuck this show.

Wtf are you talking about. This is absolutely terrible advice. The show is awesome, even beyond the fights. This is pure nitpicking

Rahxephon is dope but I enjoyed Eva since I watched it as a teenager. I have a nostalgic fondness for it. Adult bobbychalkers ain't got time for that shit.

Well... damn. That still didn't help me.

Now that I have Netflix again (imma use the hell outta this free month) it's either start FMA:B to see what the hype is about, or binge watch a series that I haven't watched since last year...

....Deep Space Nine.
rejoice.png

Well... damn. That still didn't help me.

Now that I have Netflix again (imma use the hell outta this free month) it's either start FMA:B to see what the hype is about, or binge watch a series that I haven't watched since last year...

....Deep Space Nine.
rejoice.png

Just watch the first few episodes of Brotherhood to get a taste.
I know theres some cats in here that caped for eva.

I had friends who did. The same friends who tried getting me into Trigun and Cowboy Bebop.

We dont live near each other anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom