• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Never go public. Ever. It's one of my rules in life. Really hate the "we have widget X with platform Y" that happens to publically traded companies. And fucking activist investors that will get enough control of your company to offload a bunch of debt, spike out the price, and then leave it for dead.

Sou Da

I love Wikihow art.
CgIIhBNVAAEimXB.jpg

Why is it so peaceful?

Numb

I'm pretty much back. You could say I had a bit of a trip the past month and a half, between the last stretch of school, finals the past few weeks, and my grandfather dying at the start of the month. Finally have some downtime for myself, and I fully intend on vegetating until September, outside of an 8 week vacation to Kenya I've got coming up end of May.
Sorry to hear about your grandad's. Hope you chill at your vacation.
I'm gonna guess Eastleigh,Nairobi is the place and some visitsto zoos. It's always this combo.

I would go back to Kenya ...but
giphy.gif

The struggle was too real to be reminded

Oh, this works?

I miss Ishibear. Now she'll show up in 12 pages, yes?
You need the magic touch

Sch1sm

Sorry to hear about your grandad's. Hope you chill at your vacation.
I'm gonna guess Eastleigh,Nairobi is the place and some visitsto zoos. It's always this combo.

I would go back to Kenya ...but
giphy.gif

The struggle was too real to be reminded

You need the magic touch

Been tough, so thanks. :) Nah, I never stay in or near Nairobi/Eastleigh outside of visiting part of my family in Langata for a few days maximum. They're more bridging towns for buses out. I stay in Isiolo, or Kajiado, predominantly. My experiences with it have always been good, though, so I'm looking forward to it. Maybe because I didn't ever have to do anything but shower, y'know? Simple life when you don't live it for your whole life.

My list of places for potential visit this time around is something like snorkelling in Malindi, rock climbing at Hell's Gate, climbing Mt. Kenya, the works. Trying to be a tourist for once unlike the last few times. Throw in a few more reserves/game lodges, yeah. Standard. Haven't been since 2008, and I'm at an age I'll remember everything a lot better now, so I'm excited!😌

E: pretty sure you have the right idea on the lyric. Isn't that a pretty common theme in his music, hell, most music?

Numb

Been tough, so thanks. :) Nah, I never stay in or near Nairobi/Eastleigh outside of visiting part of my family in Langata for a few days maximum. They're more bridging towns for buses out. I stay in Isiolo, or Kajiado, predominantly. My experiences with it have always been good, though, so I'm looking forward to it. Maybe because I didn't ever have to do anything but shower, y'know? Simple life when you don't live it for your whole life.

My list of places for potential visit this time around is something like snorkelling in Malindi, rock climbing at Hell's Gate, climbing Mt. Kenya, the works. Trying to be a tourist for once unlike the last few times. Throw in a few more reserves/game lodges, yeah. Standard. Haven't been since 2008, and I'm at an age I'll remember everything a lot better now, so I'm excited!��

E: pretty sure you have the right idea on the lyric. Isn't that a pretty common theme in his music, hell, most music?
Only lived in Easteligh and Garissa so i couldn't tell you much about any of those places.
Being a tourist is a great way to spend time there. Even living there for years it was always fun to go to game reserves to watch some animals and feed some giraffes. Going for the second highest mountain in Africa. Sounds like a challenge.
You could go for the highest one since it's close if Mt.Kenya is easy for you
Hope you have a great time

Shy

we can just bbq out in the street, as long as you have a working bathroom, we're good.
LOL.
I'm pretty much back. You could say I had a bit of a trip the past month and a half, between the last stretch of school, finals the past few weeks, and my grandfather dying at the start of the month. Finally have some downtime for myself, and I fully intend on vegetating until September, outside of an 8 week vacation to Kenya I've got coming up end of May.

Been playing some games the past few weeks, though. Earthbound and Dark Souls 3. Anyone finished the latter yet? The issues were strong, and they're now putting through a performance patch after I'm through with it. Every time.
Welcome back. And my condolences to you and your family Sch1sm.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Does anyone else feel like they are living the bad ending of their life path or were born in the negative timeline/dimension of their existence?

andthebeatgoeson

Sorry to hear, Jack. Although, my religion is a constant retcon of my everyday life.

'Nope, He's just testing me.'

Had a phone interview for a sweet job. Crazy benefits. I was planning out my life at age 60, it sounds so nice. Would even get to work with an old friend. He loves it there.

They said they would call to schedule an interview on site. No call. I email. No reply. I'm right back in thirsty high school mode.

But I have a job. And I told myself I wouldn't get worked up about it. Then I did.

Not terrible. I still have someplace to go everyday and collect a check. Not bad.

But it just reminded me how we deal with not so great stuff. It's hard to admit. And how some people cope.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sorry to hear, Jack. Although, my religion is a constant retcon of my everyday life.

'Nope, He's just testing me.'

Had a phone interview for a sweet job. Crazy benefits. I was planning out my life at age 60, it sounds so nice. Would even get to work with an old friend. He loves it there.

They said they would call to schedule an interview on site. No call. I email. No reply. I'm right back in thirsty high school mode.

But I have a job. And I told myself I wouldn't get worked up about it. Then I did.

Not terrible. I still have someplace to go everyday and collect a check. Not bad.

But it just reminded me how we deal with not so great stuff. It's hard to admit. And how some people cope.
Argh I know that feeling. It's hard not to get your hopes up when something really promising comes along. I'm trying to be humble too and appreciate what I do have. I suppose that's all we can do, try to appreciate the good so that we can get through the bad.

shingi70

Banned
The problem with shit like Bounce TV and Vet is the same with alot of the Black owned and produced orginial movies out there. The narrative focus is rather narrow, (single cam comedies in the vein of Tyler Perry and drama for dramas sake). .

I do find it interesting we talk about a black owned TV channel, when we should be talking about a black owned website or streaming equvilent.

Now that technology has become so advanced and these companies can pull off some amazing visuals, what are the chances we get a Homeboys in Outer Space reboot?

I know you're half-joking, but this is also part of the reason I think Adult Swim has been such an effective medium for some of these new black shows: there's kind of a "go big or go home" expectation with most programming networks that likely alienates (lol) / makes it harder to get black-geared pilots, series, etc. off the ground, whereas Adult Swim has basically been an experimental testbed since its inception, moreso regarding live-action programming once Cartoon Network started pushing the same. Like, you have quality stuff (even if it's not explicitly black-oriented programming) like Key & Peele that can make it seem intimidating for other, smaller concepts and programs to get started, but I feel like having some smaller, way more out there series (e.g. The Eric Andre Show basically being a black Tim & Eric successor) makes networks like Adult Swim way more approachable as opposed to going to, like, TBS or Fox or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom