• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

I watched Bonkers for a while, but there was something about it that I really didn't like. Can't put my finger on what it was, but it was repetitive enough to be in the shows DNA.

Ahaha, if only I just read a few posts above mine, I wouldn't have struggled to identify it. I definitely remember the show.

Now, I may not remember what it was about but at that age any anthropomorphic animal got me interested.

All I remember was that it was crazy as fuck and was advertised as such.

you buying the concessions?

People still buy concessions at movie theaters? I sneak food in my bag or eat beforehand.

D i Z

It's not Civil War, but this Honest Trailer for Winter Soldier is actually really good, and might scratch a bit of the dust off your resting hype face.

How awful it was?

Maybe??? I really don't remember. I just know that I disliked it something fierce, and it was either a character quirk from Bonkers like his speech or catch phases, or something in the story. Maybe all of the above. Just thinking about it brings back phantom frowns and a reflexive "bleh" response.

I've only ever gotten hassled once while carrying a bag of food and drink into a theater. Telling them you have blood sugar issues with a straight face works if they stop you. Concessions from the stand are for chumps, and mixing good hooch with movie theater brand soda is vile. Respect your cocktails.

Edit: Shy. Nioh, or no? I swear I can't get enough of this game. The demo is a beast!

Malyse

Seen Zootopia
Would watch a weekly TV series

Zootopia is the only Disney franchise inn recent memory that I think absolutely needs a series, a game, a comic even. Whatever it takes to broaden it and explore the shit out of that world. So much potential.

Zootopia is definitely getting converted to a TV show. Pieces are all there.

Really looking forward to me telling you something else is excellent and you need to see it immediately only to be wholly ignored and then everyone coming in like "why didn't anyone say how great this is?" some weeks later.

D i Z

Really looking forward to me telling you something else is excellent and you need to see it immediately only to be wholly ignored and then everyone coming in like "why didn't anyone say how great this is?" some weeks later.

Was aware of quite a few of these items that you praise before they come up in here, and when you've taken the time to mention them, homie. Not all of us have the time or the inclination to run out and get on things to remain current and topical.

Numb

Things take time
You and John made me notice it

----

SFV anyone? Shy?

Malyse

cmf7hDd.gif

Was aware of quite a few of these items that you praise before they come up in here, and when you've taken the time to mention them, homie. Not all of us have the time or the inclination to run out and get on things to remain current and topical.

Things take time
You and John made me notice it

----

SFV anyone? Shy?
Bah humbug.

At least the weather has been nice this week. The sun hasn't been out for days.

In other news, I have an interview for an easier and higher paying job on Monday, so yay.

Numb

Dai101

Banned
Paying 10 dollars for a drink?

My nigga.

I buy a soda and then put it in my bag, or buy a burrito, and put it in plastic and put it in there.

One time, a friend my brother and i smuggled a full 12 pieces bucket of KFC plus complements and sodas to the theater.

Nowadays some candy will suffice, i love the popcorn they sell there tho and that's enough.

Malyse

Gargoyles, The Tick, Darkwing Duck, and Samurai Pizza Cats was my childhood. I will forever be upset about Gargoyles getting cut outta Kingdom Hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom