• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

I downloaded Smite yesterday
Dont know what it is tho
Rival? Nice
Will add

I'm thinking about Marvel Heroes looks kinda good? But I need to finish the Valkyria Trilogy before I start on any unending games.

-----

The Deer God looks amazing? Like screenshots don't do it justice?

Gattsu25

Banned
I downloaded Smite yesterday
Dont know what it is tho
Rival? Nice
Will add

Smite is a MOBA.

I only ever played Dota but here's the gist of that. I don't know exactly how SMITE differs.

MOBAs are basically an entire MMO character condensed down to a single team based PvP match.

You and a few others (5 per team in Dota's case) are on one side of the map and fight against the enemies.
You fight AI enemies to level up, customize your characters skill trees by choosing which skills to level up and in which order, buy items and use a rudimentary form of item crafting by combining items, and ultimately defeat the enemy players in team fights with the end goal of taking out the enemy headquarters.
Along the way you discover a bunch of synergies that make you more effective (e.g. this skill works well with this crafted item...or your teammate can buff your ability with one of their passives, etc).
There are often dozens upon dozens of characters and once you get past the initial hump of getting used to the character controls and the map layout the next phase of the game is usually just trying out characters until you find a few that speak to you and then perfecting those. Once you have that down start paying attention to which heroes work best with eachother, which don't, and which heroes are really good and negating the strengths of those on the enemy's team.

Also, wherever possible do not get killed. An actual skill to these games is knowing when to run away from a fight.

Have fun

No you don't. You want a Surface Pro.

Yep. They're not just some of the best on the market right now...they are the best on the market.

Malyse

I think I'm going to put this Godiva Chocolate Liqueur into this mocha fudge brownie recipe.
This is a terrible idea.

D i Z

I still have older MMO's to get though. Not messing around with any new ones. Are there any new ones this year?

Fuck cyclops in Niho is such a pain, but damn did they do that character right.

Numb

*reads posts, and gets really paranoid* yo.....you guys don't make fun of me, do you. ?
only good things

raw

i kid i kid
So when I say "Hey Let's play SFV." No one hits me up. But when I'm sleep, y'all sessioned up...I see how it is.....

Up for tomorrow

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
does street fighter V run like a better version of pit fighter when playing online sometimes?

I'm trying to figure out how to respond to that question lol. On a serious note, shit is fun. Getting six of us in a room to brawl is cool..chatting makes it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom