• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Persona 5 is likely safe (although it hasn't actually been announced so who the fuck knows)

SMT IV Apocalypse though, never ever coming out
Shy did it
Is that spicy? You'll have to explain since I have no clue what that is..

k2-_99bdda5d-e5f2-4b9f-abc6-5b0491ef346e.v2.jpg

Jandro tier frozen pizza

JLynn

I'm looking at the Kanye interview, and I'm seeing a lot of people saying he makes no sense at all. I'm watching it, and I'm completely understanding his views. Let me explain.

I had ADHD as a child, and still do in some cases. I was a late bloomer in developing my speech. I can have something to say eloquently arranged in my head but in many cases when it travels from my mind to my lips it comes out a jumbled mess that the other person would have to manually rearrange in their head to make sense of it all.

That is if they put work into it. Many just can't be bothered to do it. I believe that's what's happening with Kanye. I was one of the many who thought he was insane, then I read MrRemyJe's post.

No, that's not it. He isn't good at articulating his points of view. He comes really close to saying something truly great, but it's being said in not the right order. I've seen this happen to him before in interviews. He has the passion but constantly gets flustered and trips over himself when talking.

Basically what I'm saying is that if this were WWE and he were Brock Lesnar, he needs a Paul Heyman to speak for him. He needs someone to convey his thoughts and actions to the public and refuses to admit it. So he comes off as childish and and rant-ish when he wants to spread a good message.

Edit: If you ever heard Timbaland or Jay Z talk about him in older interviews, they said he was like this even during his producing years. Passionate but not well spoken.

And it fricken CLICKED. I'm talking jumbotron light bulb on top on my head! Reading and seeing the older interviews he did, as well and other's experiences with him all made perfect sense. I'm looking at Kanye in a new light, looking forward to piecing things together through his interviews and music. I always loved puzzles.

Except his outburst at the VMAs. I can't forgive him for making Taylor Swift a superstar. Could he have said that at another time during the ceremony?

RedSwirl

I finished Sword Art Online. And by finished I mean watched it through episode 15.

I'd gotten warnings the show would go into creepy anime trope territory after ep 14, but the previews made ep 15 look like a harmless little interlude so I thought whatever. God damn. Not 10 minutes into ep 15 do we get a straight-up mustache-twirling "I have you now my pretty" villain who's trying to
marry the female lead while she's in a coma
and some classic onii-chan bullshit to top it off.

I finished Sword Art Online. And by finished I mean watched it through episode 15.

I'd gotten warnings the show would go into creepy anime trope territory after ep 14, but the previews made ep 15 look like a harmless little interlude so I thought whatever. God damn. Not 10 minutes into ep 15 do we get a straight-up mustache-twirling "I have you now my pretty" villain who's trying to
marry the female lead while she's in a coma
and some classic onii-chan bullshit to top it off.

Big NOPE.

Stop at the first part of season one and don't watch anything else. I can't defend ALO and I hope no one does.

Mother's Rosario (the third part of season two) wasn't too bad though.

But you didn't even get to the part where they have a daugther that only exists in the mmo! (i think that's later?)

And you'll miss season2 where he gets to be a girl.

EDIT: oh wait, i think there's also a part where his sister plays version2 of the MMO and starts developing feelings for his character in the MMO...

RedSwirl

I guess I can try to turn this around by saying I also finished season one of LOGH.

After all the hype about the show, it's actually not all that complex. Just a pretty good textbook illustration of the relationship between war and politics. Think I'm gonna wait to see what Sentai does with it before looking for season 2.

I think a straight-up American adaptation is what would be best for the story. There's pretty much no place for an anime like this in the American market. We can only hope the books blow up.

Johndoey

Banned
That's my issue whenever anyone recommends something by calling it "smart" like My Hero isn't particularly deep or insightful, It's not making a statement, advancing it's genre, it's just better than the other dreck around, people overhype shit way to easily.
----
The once and future king Jeffrey Goldblum has joined with Marvel, where his talents will assuredly be wasted on a glorified cameo.
---
Why does this site think I need fiber optic cables cleaned?

harSon

Banned
Palmer Luckey wants to piss away all the good will he earned

Maybe ya'll shouldn't be some impoverished broke ass motherfuckers. Drop 1.5k on a Vive and Oculus, and there wouldn't be an issue you dirty toed open sandal peasant.

In other news, my beautiful mocha queen tessa thompson will be playing Valkyrie in the upcoming Thor film.

My favorite part of the BCT cycle, one that only us blasians can relate to every time it comes around.

The bi-quarterly, "what the fuck happened to Amerie?!?!" part of the cycle. Here is the Breakfast Club interview from yesterday

Are there even any other blasians in the thread?

My favorite part of the BCT cycle, one that only us blasians can relate to every time it comes around.

The bi-quarterly, "what the fuck happened to Amerie?!?!" part of the cycle. Here is the Breakfast Club interview from yesterday
Thanks for this. I thought she had bleached herself. She still looks somewhat dark.

There's at least one other that has the word "blasian" in their name

I was being serious when I said I'm not actually blasian. I just have a thing for blasian women.

My PC just tried to stealth upgrade to Windows 10 and I had to shut it down and disconnect to prevent it. How do I make sure it doesn't try something like that again?

Aiustis

Thanks for this. I thought she had bleached herself. She still looks somewhat dark.

I was being serious when I said I'm not actually blasian. I just have a thing for blasian women.

My PC just tried to stealth upgrade to Windows 10 and I had to shut it down and disconnect to prevent it. How do I make sure it doesn't try something like that again?

Disabling auto updates except critical has worked for me; haven't seen one since.

D i Z

Good lawd..I'm fucking old. Elementary school?

I know, right?

NRA going in. It was a foregone conclusion, but that's a stronger endorsement than any other GOP candidate could ask for from the field. The GOP just threw in the towel like cowards once again.

Is that really a Gaf thing to say? The material she has had is garbage and she's consistently struggling with it. She's framed in very specific ways on camera to avoid certain odd qualities of her features when she's gotta be all angry assassin princess. Ability to hold a scene together still questionable, but not outright dismissed.

oh hiss!!!! nah... lol you're cool.

Just stay far away from my younger sister. She's very impressionable, and super gay

Slayven

Maybe ya'll shouldn't be some impoverished broke ass motherfuckers. Drop 1.5k on a Vive and Oculus, and there wouldn't be an issue you dirty toed open sandal peasant.

In other news, my beautiful mocha queen tessa thompson will be playing Valkyrie in the upcoming Thor film.

Are there even any other blasians in the thread?
You beta test that shit, I will be in for the 7th gen
Anyone want a Fortnite alpha key? it's PC/Mac only.

I've got two remaining.

Seems like that game was announced eons ago

Shy

D i Z

Picked up The Banner Saga and Hitman GO from the flash sale. Seems like they would be good filler between Doom and Overwatch.

Johndoey

Banned
How many people are grabbing Overwatch and on what? It's not really exciting me, but playing with you folk might be cool.
----
Apparently Overwatch on just about anything, might grab the ps4 version first and see if someone on B/S/T has a good pc deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom