• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon, you're absolutely right but-

I'll shit in your mouth..

qTKb.jpg

I swear I'm gonna start calling you Terrence.

akira28

jlaw looks like she'd be quite something in bed. something about the eyes and the shape of her skull. I bet her brain is huge.

That's the poop..

So glad to not understand the reference lol..

I was thinking that was the view from inside the bear...
I was about to say..is there someting about T-dawg we're not aware of

Malyse

Like, getting called a nigger is fucked, but from what i'm reading she rolled up on the girls house with the intention of starting some shit. So don't co-opt a legit movement for your petty baby ass nonsense. So fuck everyone involved.
You miss the part where the white girl told her she was gonna blow her head off?

DAMN! Wanted to post in that Irish thread. As a youngin, I always saw them as most relatable in American history. Was always glad to meet a true blue Irishman. Unsolicited, like clockwork, they shit on this country's Irish descendants when it comes to their treatment towards people of color. Shame, I feel too anti-Semitic to post..
Daddy always told me I played Devil's advocate to much
Sounds like a smart man..

MOVING THE FUCK ON..

Johndoey

Banned
DAMN! Wanted to post in that Irish thread. As a youngin, I always saw them as most relatable in American history. Was always glad to meet a true blue Irishman. Unsolicited, like clockwork, they shit on this country's Irish descendants when it comes to their treatment towards people of color. Shame, I feel too anti-Semitic to post..

All we want is to help people.

akira28

I ain't clicking on that, an I don't want to know. and those pictures of terrence are too big, please spoiler them.

i don't want to even see his face.

Johndoey

Banned
It's not that bad. I'm a little impressed.

Good energy.

This is good trail mix.

Howard is a little cookie cutter with his comments.

More grunting and it's over.

Gattsu25

Banned
Anybody staying up late to watch Daredevil as soon as it drops. ?

Also. If you don't mind me asking, how many of you are getting Dark Souls 3, and on what system. ?

Nah, but I will binge watch the hell outta it over the weekend.

Yep, getting it on Steam. Name is Gattsu25 on there. You can find me through the BCT group on Steam.

Kraftwerk

All this talk reminds me of when I was called a "sand-nigger" when I got in a fight/argument with someone. I was taken aback so much I had to find out why, to which the answer was 'because you are from the middle-east'

Then after googling it, II found a chart- which exists for some reason - that has all the different variations...

Afrocious

I don't say it to folks outside of a few friends I went to college with. And nowadays I rarely use it, even with those friends since we used it as an adjective to describe things we were doing, such as doing 'nigger shit' - an example being loitering in the cafeteria trying to talk to chicks or staying up to 3 AM on Facebook when you had a final in the morning.

As for names, we would prefix each other's name with nigger or add an N to the beginning. A friend we called Ross (his last name) was referred to as nigger Ross about 80% of the times we hung out. A dude who lived on our hall was named Roberto, so he was called Negro Berto. Dude named Jeremiah? Niggermiah. I was called Narett, which was nigger Jarett.

It was part of this whole new thing for me. I was friends with black folks for the first time in my life. I was accepted. I was allowed to be fucking stupid for once without judgment. I was happy. Granted, I didn't know I was having an identity crisis about accepting who I was as a black man. I was willfully ignorant.

It wasn't until my friend Ross began to hate on HBCUs that I realized I felt wrong. Then came the bias towards lighter skinned girls, then the casual hate on what folks would consider things black people do and being torn on what exactly does it mean for black people to be doing such things, and why should anyone hate or speak down upon them or these things.

Another aspect where Ross and I differed was how he apparently was cool with white people calling him nigger. I told him to never do that. It took him years to realize that shit.

As for me, I'm in a strange place about who I am as a black man, but that's a whole expanded post in itself.

But yeah, we used nigger as a form of appropriation. However the context we'd use it in was pretty condescending in retrospect.

Enzom21

Sounds like a smart man..

MOVING THE FUCK ON..

Fun fact, they used to call black people "smoked Irish" as a way to insult both black and Irish people.

Gattsu25

Banned
I always say "Hell no" whenever someone asks me if it is cool if they say nigger or nigga around me.
DAMN! Wanted to post in that Irish thread. As a youngin, I always saw them as most relatable in American history. Was always glad to meet a true blue Irishman. Unsolicited, like clockwork, they shit on this country's Irish descendants when it comes to their treatment towards people of color.

I still remember going to a shop in NYC that had a shirt along the lines of "Of course I'm perfect: I'm Irish" message on it. Store owner refused to sell it to me because I was black (1/2 black, 1/2 white (irish/german) but who the fuck is counting).

Shy

Nah, but I will binge watch the hell outta it over the weekend.
I'm gonna watch a few episodes as it comes out, then binge the rest the next day.
Yep, getting it on Steam. Name is Gattsu25 on there. You can find me through the BCT group on Steam.
Coolio.
All this talk reminds me of when I was called a "sand-nigger" when I got in a fight/argument with someone. I was taken aback so much I had to find out why, to which the answer was 'because you are from the middle-east'

Then after googling it, II found a chart- which exists for some reason - that has all the different variations...
I've not been called that yet, well not to my face anyway. Thankfully.

I always say "Hell no" whenever someone asks me if it is cool if they say nigger or nigga around me.

That's always safe, cuz you don't wanna have to co-sign that shit forever. Like he might say taht shit around the wrong person, and when the fists start flying he turn around and look at you like "help me out bruh you said it was cool tho ;_;"

Imm0rt4l

Using hard ER with wanton disregard is pretty wild breh. Bad optics no matter how you slice it. But I understand if it's in a satirical super cynical afropessimistic sorta way I guess. But your boy Ross ain't one to joke with like that, he ain't woke. He's probably Internalizing that racism unknowingly, especially if he let's white people call him nigger. I won't even let a white person call me boy.

That's always safe, cuz you don't wanna have to co-sign that shit forever. Like he might say taht shit around the wrong person, and when the fists start flying he turn around and look at you like "help me out bruh you said it was cool tho ;_;"
This.

And that goes for any non black people. I mean anyone can say what they want, but their may be consequences, even if you're black.

Fun fact, they used to call black people "smoked Irish" as a way to insult both black and Irish people.
Pops, I know! It sucks. I only know that as a 9yo because it was taught to us in gifted classes..they weren't teaching that to everyone else. It made me call my aunt in Manhattan, and have her teach me. She ended up going to the library to read up, and tell me some history that I'd not have heard of otherwise..

Knowing you, you would probably tell him it's cool. Then take him to the most hotepish of hotep get togethers where everyone is somehow Immortal swole, then say "it's cool, you can say it here too."

Then walk the fuck out.

I still remember going to a shop in NYC that had a shirt along the lines of "Of course I'm perfect: I'm Irish" message on it. Store owner refused to sell it to me because I was black (1/2 black, 1/2 white (irish/german) but who the fuck is counting).
I presume there is pending litigation? If not, the FUCK, brother?? You don't allow shit like this to go unpunished..fuck that..

Gattsu25

Banned
People that think that because they have a pass from one person means that they can say it to whoever are just dumb.

You may call your girl honeytits or your guy longdick but that don't mean you can say it to anybody. You got a social contract with that one person to call them what you both agree on. It's not fucking rocket science.
I presume there is pending litigation? If not, the FUCK, brother?? You don't allow shit like this to go unpunished..fuck that..
I was around 10. It was actually a soul crushing experience at the time. I can laugh about it now, though.

Afrocious

Using hard ER with wanton disregard is pretty wild breh. Bad optics no matter how you slice it. But I understand if it's in a satirical super cynical afropessimistic sorta way I guess. But your boy Ross ain't one to joke with like that, he ain't woke. He's probably Internalizing that racism unknowingly, especially if he let's white people call him nigger. I won't even let a white person call me boy.

This.

And that goes for any non black people. I mean anyone can say what they want, but their may be consequences, even if you're black.

Yeah I don't let any white person call me boy either or any form of nigga or nigger.

My friend Ross has gotten better considering he now goes to Howard. However he didn't go with any sense of pride or anything. I told him about what Coates wrote about it in his book. Thankfully he understood after a few months.

Being allowed to be black in a predominantly white school (we went to UNC) can have some strange results.

Ross ain't woke or anything. Not completely at least. As for me, there's some things I question, so I can't consider myself woke either.

Knowing you, you would probably tell him it's cool. Then take him to the most hotepish of hotep get togethers where everyone is somehow Immortal swole, then say "it's cool, you can say it here too."

Then walk the fuck out.

I'm saying, you free to say what you want...but I can't control these other niggas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom