• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

First line up in a few months?

Shit at this rate, I might chop off my hair since it's getting warmer.

I said I'd grow my hair out until I did 1000 matches of Destiny PvP. I got fed up at the game and put it down. I'm stuck at havign to do 930 games of PvP and that game is shit.

I did get lined up though a few days ago. I had to do my front while the barber did my back. Can't trust them.

Wow. I had my first, dead serious, "Get out of my country" tonight, from a 50-something year old lady on Facebook. I'm done on the internet for tonight. I'll watch Daredevil tomorrow. I'm not in the mood to wait up for it anymore.

Bernie really has a legit cult following. The policies don't matter, it's all about the man. I'm scared.

Yea, I learned that when we had that first big thread about protests happening at his events. No matter what points were being brought up, his defense force did all they can to still argue how black people were in the wrong.

akira28

Wow. I had my first, dead serious, "Get out of my country" tonight, from a 50-something year old lady on Facebook. I'm done on the internet for tonight. I'll watch Daredevil tomorrow. I'm not in the mood to wait up for it anymore.

don't let the dying embers of hate powered by the farts of some old lady's fear, selfishness, and lack of self awareness get you down. I will fight with old ladies on the internet.

not on facebook though. don't need to have people see me do that.

Imm0rt4l

Gotta pick your fights wisely in fb man. Lots of enclaves of stupidity out there.

Afrocious

Bernie really has a legit cult following. The policies don't matter, it's all about the man. I'm scared.

I know right? I like him but goddamn. The most ravenous people (progressive white folks) are all about him and will eat up anyone who has any negative opinion about him.

Yo I'm so sorry you dealt with someone as crazy as that.

Just let burned Sanders stans cook.

I like Bernie, and it would be cool if he was the nom but it just didn't happen. Let them blame blacks like people always do, let them seethe and talk about political revolution out of one side of their mouths while shitting on BLM out of the other.

It's centuries old.

Shy

This last hour and eleven minutes is going by slow as fuuuuuck.
LOL. It really is.
WeSbVBU.png

I had an amazing day. I'm doing a production of Cabaret at my University and one of my instructors who knows Alan Cumming got him to record for us a direct personal happy opening night video.

It was beautiful.

The OTs for Daredevil season 1 and JJ were not good at all. Lot of hate towards Jessica, Trish, Karen and most of it was for no reason.

Well besides Karen for getting the only black man worth a damn not named T'Challa killed

Noticing a pattern here?

Female characters in TV shows that aren't mad attractive and even then if you slightly irritate the viewer, they'll be hated on with the fury of misogyny.

harSon

Banned
The OTs for Daredevil season 1 and JJ were not good at all. Lot of hate towards Jessica, Trish, Karen and most of it was for no reason.

Well besides Karen for getting the only black man worth a damn not named T'Challa killed

Noticing a pattern here?

I didn't know hating Karen was a thing. The only female character I hated within either DD or JJ is the neighbor in the latter show.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Lmao the nx thread is making my morning. Filled with knee jerk reactions from people who weren't gonna buy the console anyways and everyone is still in the dark about wth the NX is. Gaming side never change. Nintendo killed my parents fuck that controller fuck Nintendo!!!!!

jmood88

Noticing a pattern here?
There was a lot of unfair hates towards Jessica Jones especially but Karen deserves all the hate that's available. Jessica and Trish didn't have too many defenders on here but, for whatever reason, Karen has people rushing to her aid left and right.

Johndoey

Banned
Karen is just boring and Trish is a weird non character, she exists mostly to go "stop fucking up Jessica" and getting in trouble.

Now Skylar was actually an interesting multifaceted character.

I know hitting a moving target is very difficult but even with that consideration these snipers in Daredevil are doing a questionable job.

Slayven

Lmao the nx thread is making my morning. Filled with knee jerk reactions from people who weren't gonna buy the console anyways and everyone is still in the dark about wth the NX is. Gaming side never change. Nintendo killed my parents fuck that controller fuck Nintendo!!!!!
Which is a lot, and by a lot I mean a fuckton

Sch1sm

So the destiny update may be something cool and possibly substantial but dark souls 3....ahk I still need to beat Fallout 4

That was one of my least loved games played in 2015. Went through all of the endings and I still didn't find any real satisfaction with it. Bethesda. The plot holes were strong, I'll leave it at that.

Johndoey

Banned
I like how Matt insults Castle's reason for existing.

The issue is both their methods are equally ineffective so the moral debate seeks pointless after a time.

atr0cious

Good morning, folks.

If you haven't had a chance to read or finish Dr. Joy DeGruy's book on Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome , I urge you to do so as soon as possible. The last few years I've taken to calling myself a black American in my anger of being separated from my roots. But that book broke my heart when it covered how Africans view us. Now I'm proud to be called African American for the first time, instead of feeling like it's code from a society that hates me and is trying to categorize me.

Infinite

Slightly funny story worth sharing here. My friend who's Chinese runs this gaming spot in NYC close to Chinatown where people come in, pay a venue fee and play ygo, smash 4, magic, and SFV or they buy cards. Every now and then they were tournaments and on that day they were running a smash 4 tournament which had about 60 entrants. There's like smash matches going on on the giant projector they had set up and dudes playing matches and a couple of smaller setups. This white woman with her son walks by the store and sees this going on and decides to walk in. My friend walks up to her to greet her like he's generally supposed to and she asks him "what's going on in here are you guys playing Mahjong?" I barely hold my laughter at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom