• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Shy's excitement managed to convince me to watch Daredevil and here I am 8-ish hours later. It definitely better than the first season so far.

Edit: SoraxRiku 5evar.

I appreciate that
reference to Luke Cage from the last episode of Jessica Jones.
in episode 3.

Malyse

I'm a happy drunk.
Horse-drinking.jpg

zeemumu

the secret is, the punisher was always good.

I will say this, this punisher better reflect on all punisher afterward.The dudes mannerisms, duuuude.

I think it'll end with Punisher changing his name to Shane and moving to Georgia and becoming a cop.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
the secret is, the punisher was always good.

I will say this, this punisher better reflect on all punisher afterward.The dudes mannerisms, duuuude.

ive only seen up to episode 3 so far, i like that they are recognizing that what he does is fucking up the city. it makes me laugh when people try to pull the "he would save gotham by killing villains" thing

LionPride

Banned
I really like The Punisher in Daredevil, only three episodes in but he's my MVP so far. Charlie Cox went up a level as Murdock/Daredevil.

Village

ive only seen up to episode 3 so far, i like that they are recognizing that what he does is fucking up the city. it makes me laugh when people try to pull the "he would save gotham by killing villains" thing

oh no, i have always been he's a bad dude. I just also like the character.

But this version is intersting, like down to his design. He isn't this giant beastman in some jacket. He's kind wirey, he;s weirdly fashionable for whatever reason, he has funny cut. Instead of being like cold, he's actually just super neurotic.

Johndoey

Banned
This is Gawker's own fault but it is awful that so many talented individuals will be affected.

But seriously Gawker is real bad.

Gattsu25

Banned
Yeah, they've laid their bed and are going to have to rest in it. Just a shame that so many gamergate assholes have come out of the woodwork to dance on the grave before it's even been dug.

There's a ton of talented people that work for gawkers subsites and I hope they all land on their feet.

Slayven

Comics is full of white male power fantasies but I always found Punisher to be the worse, and most off putting when people hype him up.

Johndoey

Banned
Comics is full of white male power fantasies but I always found Punisher to be the worse, and most off putting when people hype him up.
Yeah most Punisher stories have this unstated approval of his actions which basically boils down to "strong white man cleans up the hood" like every Death Wish after the first.

Of course this doesn't cover all Punisher stories but it's so easy to end up in right wing fantasy land.

Furyous

Gonna go to a bar crawl tonight to celebrate turning 26.

Ran into folks at the gym who are also going, so that's good. I was gonna solo it but drunk white people and I don't mix.

You need to go and get you some caucasian post racial accompaniment for the culture. There's nothing better than feeling the hurt from her dead ancestors as you bust out the sunset flip and wild jiu-jitsu moves in the bedroom as you move around.

Call me a cheap fuck but these old AAA PS4 games are dope. I want to play the division but that one write up about it being a far right conservatives wet dream has me skeptical. I wish the gaming press would've said something about this before the game came out.

Parallax

Yup. I can see Frank going

ebb5774a08d7b84b338e735113e8bb03.320x240x40.gif

that was the first thing i thought

because he deals with criminals and people feel safe if they think someone like him is running around, except that he makes more trouble that he fixes

Slayven

that was the first thing i thought

because he deals with criminals and people feel safe if they think someone like him is running around, except that he makes more trouble that he fixes

Has Frank ever really tried to run right up into the Maggia?

I also find it telling that the all the spirits of vengeance won't even touch him

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Cool, finally finished catching up on The Expanse, now I'm clear to start in on Daredevil.

Johndoey

Banned
You need to go and get you some caucasian post racial accompaniment for the culture. There's nothing better than feeling the hurt from her dead ancestors as you bust out the sunset flip and wild jiu-jitsu moves in the bedroom as you move around.

Call me a cheap fuck but these old AAA PS4 games are dope. I want to play the division but that one write up about it being a far right conservatives wet dream has me skeptical. I wish the gaming press would've said something about this before the game came out.
I mean it's standard Clancy style fare. The city is quarantined and agents are there to forcibly keep the peace.

Parallax

Has Frank ever really tried to run right up into the Maggia?

I also find it telling that the all the spirits of vengeance won't even touch him

apparently the penance stare doesnt work on him because he doesnt feel remorse for his killings

There's a superhero who gets called out for doing jack shit to help the hood. I can't remember which one it was.

hal jordan got called out for that

Nah Punisher the real dope homey. Punisher be taking out all yo stupid heroes. he be saying BLAM, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM! take out that nigga, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM!

zeemumu

Nah Punisher the real dope homey. Punisher be taking out all yo stupid heroes. he be saying BLAM, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM! take out that nigga, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM!

I haven't read Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe yet. Is it better than Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe where he used Pym Particles to hide bombs in the coffee to bypass Luke Cage's unbreakable skin and put the Wolverine family in a chamber that burns them alive every time they start to regenerate?

Johndoey

Banned
I haven't read Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe yet. Is it better than Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe where he used Pym Particles to hide bombs in the coffee to bypass Luke Cage's unbreakable skin and put the Wolverine family in a chamber that burns them alive every time they start to regenerate?
Yes it is significantly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom