• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

In Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel duke it out and the audience loses.

dYFkQrV.png
dYFkQrV.png

jmood88

I think my favorite thing in the world is playing along with those people who call your phone with those computer scams.
I do that and it always results in them getting mad, which is hilarious. This one guy asked for my credit card and after I gave him a fake number, he said that he was going to rape my dad and sister.

Slayven

DC's got the wrong higher ups. Applies to the movies, applies to comics. Have no clue how the TV shows barely dodged that bullet.

BvS is just another example of a vision that doesn't even understand the genre or properties they're working with.

Say what you will about Joe Q and Axel , he actually seem to care and love the medium. I don't get that feeling about the otherside

I hope Batman v Superman isn't actually bad. You know how long people have been waiting to see motherfucking Batman and motherfucking Superman on the big screen together? From commentary from journalists who were old enough to see the 70s Superman movie in theaters they really have their sights on this shit. It would be a damn shame if it managed to fail when it has a large precedent and larger expectations to fill.

I might still go see it because it's motherfucking Batman and motherfucking Superman!

Dereck

I hope Batman v Superman isn't actually bad. You know how long people have been waiting to see motherfucking Batman and motherfucking Superman on the big screen together? From commentary from journalists who were old enough to see the 70s Superman movie in theaters they really have their sights on this shit. It would be a damn shame if it managed to fail when it has a large precedent and larger expectations to fill.

I might still go see it because it's motherfucking Batman and motherfucking Superman!
This is why I'm seeing it and not because I think or hope it will be good.

Johndoey

Banned
The quality of this film doesn't matter but it could affect future films if it doesn't fly with general audiences.

A Question movie would be great.

Edit: Curtis Blackburn is so smooth. Then you realize he's a huge monster.

Crocodile

as arguable a starting point this is, I'll accept it. Because even under this premise, Nintendo had two and a half years of solid returns before Wii sales fell of a cliff. Meanwhile, they forged no third party connections, and their online features were - and continue to be - a punch line. this is fundamentally misunderstanding what the casual low price of entry market wanted - Nintendo thought it was waggle and gaming tethered to a box device w/ full priced games.

that's why the Wii U failed on a conceptual level. It's practically only for people who like nintendo games, because Nintendo thought people wanted more Wii.

the biggest problem was it was 300+ dollars, severely under powered, and only had Nintendo games to offer.

I think Nintendo could have done a much better job courting 3rd parties in the early Wii days but I will say I got tired of all the "test" games that were putting out. It was clear that 3rd parties bet early on PS3/XBOX360 and did as much as they could to stay the course. As for online, Nintendo def lacks behind but at the same time, their online service is totally free. Should Nintendo start charging money to bring up their online service to the others? That's an option but I dunno if people in general would like that or not.

Can we talk about how this one simple change classes Laura right up?

----

Are we pretending Nolan's movies are trash now too?

I like Omar's art but it seems like a lot of other people don't? A weird opinion to me but everyone has their own opinions.

Shy

Who else feels the Brussels attack is that thing to be concerned about pushing Trump presidency firmly into probability -_-
Yeah, i feel the same way.

If you don't mind me asking, how is stuff like the bombings reported in Japan. ?
After seeing bloated Will I Am and swole Ripclawe going to bat for Trump, I'm not relaxing until November has come and gone. There are a lot of people out there stupid enough to back Trump but crafty enough to be quiet about it.
Yep, people say that he can't win with just his ultra right wing base. But i think they underestimate the anger that's felt by them.

I got afraid that he could win, the moment he pulled that Regan "make America great again" bullshit.
May not have a job after today fam. Changes are afoot. Pray to whatever you believe in for me please. Yes Gordon, even your spaghetti monster.
Try to stay strong fam. Sending the love your way.
Sucks that BvS might turn out to be trash but at least Hentai Kamen is getting a sequel.
cJkNMCd.gif

So my dad told me his cousin was on the train during the bomb explosion. She called him to say she is alive and ok. Crazy.
Thank goodness he's safe.
Just watched Flashpoint Paradox Monday night and I highly recommend that.
Second this

Not sure why people are acting surprised BvS isn't doing well among viewers and reviewers. Shit LOOKS trash as fuck. Batman portions looked decent but once Superman's bits were introduced it was like trashbin.exe worthy at that point.

DC comics stay taking Ls. Should just call themselves L comics at this point.

Johndoey

Banned
It's hard for me to watch Dark Knight the whole way thru but I love Begins.

Edit: If your changing your movie plans suddenly, check out 10 Cloverfield Lane maybe leave like 10 minutes before the end.

RedSwirl

I liked maybe the first half of Man of Steel, when it was basically a science fiction movie about an alien trying to grow up and find his place on Earth.

Come to think of it, from my view a lot of major blockbuster movies in recent years have started out right only to drop the ball in the third act, as if climaxes these days are made of plot contrivances. Maybe I just prefer parts of movies built on setting and character development. Maybe a lot of these climaxes just don't do setting, character development, or action choreography that well.

Johndoey

Banned
Affleck to descend into madness and don his Damon skin suit.

Cavil to abandon his corporeal form and return to his home planet.

Synder has already deposited his check.

Adams works for a living.

Jesse "Genocide" Eisenberg's psyche fractures under the pressure of Lex "I'm not like that" Luthor.

I liked maybe the first half of Man of Steel, when it was basically a science fiction movie about an alien trying to grow up and find his place on Earth.

Come to think of it, from my view a lot of major blockbuster movies in recent years have started out right only to drop the ball in the third act, as if climaxes these days are made of plot contrivances. Maybe I just prefer parts of movies built on setting and character development. Maybe a lot of these climaxes just don't do setting, character development, or action choreography that well.

I'm almost certain this has at least partially to deal with Hollywood's new obsession with sequels/cinematic universes. Rather than devote an entire movie to fleshing something out, executives are invested in keeping things open ended. As such it's rare to get something ground breaking when everything is about the sequel which means everything lacks stakes or depth. Build a simple story and end it quickly so you can shove the characters on into the future of the "franchise"

Merc_

Read some spoilers posted in the BvS review thread and all I can say is what the FUCK.

What were they even thinking with this movie?

Shy

Read some spoilers posted in the BvS review thread and all I can say is what the FUCK.

What were they even thinking with this movie?
Yeah. I read the synopsis that was linked in the spoiler thread, and i felt the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom