• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

I'm impressed they've stuck to their guns on his voice. Masako Nozawa will play Goku until she leaves this mortal coil. Complications of a 30~ year old male martial artist being played by a 79 year old woman be damned.

Numb

tumblr_o9yk1muxDI1rjv5flo1_1280.png

Anyone who's 100% subs over dubs has never tried to watch Dragon Ball.
Goku sounds like a lil bitch.
Watched all DBZ dubbed then saw the subbed and was like
3edeul4vwdw0.gif
. And i prefer subbed

Sch1sm

Meanwhile, in Canada, there's some real resistance to hiring a Somalian for whatever reason. This response email to an application online is just... I don't even. A mess from the start:

"I have read stories about how Somalia has a culture of resistance to authority. Such a culture would be quite different than the Canadian culture sees makes cutting ahead in a lineup as a great social error.

"The investment industry is a subculture with its own rules and traditions. It is normal for people to train for entry into this field. While your academic career suggests the training would be well within your competence, there is no demonstrated enthusiasm in past experience for entering this subculture.

"Due to lack of background, I must decline your application.

"Good luck with finding a suitable position."

Kreed

I've gotten to the point where anime subs and dubs don't make a difference to me outside of dubs editing things on TV. I can watch Dragon Ball Super one day and jump right into a Dragon Ball Kai repeat and not really think about the difference. Goku and Inuyasha are two characters where their Japanese voices were like "WTF" the first time I heard them though. But then you hear Goku do the Kamehameha and it's all good.

Shy

Good morning..I guess..
Morning party peoples.
Morning my fam.
But i prefer the Japanese dub of DBZ. 😦
I've gotten to the point where anime subs and dubs don't make a difference to me outside of dubs editing things on TV. I can watch Dragon Ball Super one day and jump right into a Dragon Ball Kai repeat and not really think about the difference. Goku and Inuyasha are two characters where their Japanese voices were like "WTF" the first time I heard them though. But then you hear Goku do the Kamehameha and it's all good.
Kreed with the truth.

Gattsu25

Banned
The news today is reminding me that livestreaming can be a life insurance policy.

Thinking about that shooting where the cop murdered the guy in the car, I wonder how that situation would have went if his girlfriend wasn't streaming the entire thing out.

Mizerman

tumblr_o9yk1muxDI1rjv5flo1_1280.png

tumblr_o9yk1muxDI1rjv5flo2_r1_1280.png

Yeah, I vastly prefer Sean Schemmel's Goku. Then again, I generally prefer dubs.

Had someone on my Facebook try and say that our 2nd and 4th amendment rights are being taken away. Making me log on just to get rid of him, smh

That person deserves a giant smack on the back of the head.

Gattsu25

Banned
So the governor is saying that the killing was racially influenced? (obviously, it was) Blue wall of protection doesn't mean shit if the cop is a minority themselves.

Now we just need them to treat all cops fairly and call all of them out if they commit murders
game is gonna be lame anyway

Nah, the game looks like it will be a nice time killer.

Slayven

So the governor is saying that the killing was racially influenced? (obviously, it was) Blue wall of protection doesn't mean shit if the cop is a minority themselves.

Now we just need them to treat all cops fairly and call all of them out if they commit murders

Nah, the game looks like it will be a nice time killer.

That is what is going to have to happen. Somebody near the top is going to have to get tired of being on blast, and decide to put that shit where it belongs.

akira28

so....Canada is just another former British colony that would swear it solved its problems with race long ago? Like...australia (no racism), America (no racism at all), and Britain herself (no racism since the 1800s brah)

D i Z

Thinking of making a Tomato sauce from scratch just to have with a pasta dish (most likely Linguine) to be had either plain, or with a roasted lamb. Anyone have any tips on flavor balancing and acidity control?

Should add that the Tomatoes are fresh homegrown, and I don't have any Basil. I'll be substituting Thyme.

I'll keep you guys updated. I'm not sure when I can go but I am going to go. Learned my lesson from all these GAF threads. I'm hoping it's just caused by anxiety and nothing really bad.

hypernima

Banned
This Philando Castile shit got me so down.
Brother was doing good in his life and still got murdered.
I mean I hate to think about but what does that mean for my friends? For me?
That could have been us easily.

Don't play around with chest pains or your heart

My cousin went into cardiac arrest and dropped dead a couple years ago
I'm taking it very easy right now. Seems like its been triggered by slight movements off and on, so I'm being very careful. I won't sleep on it.

This Philando Castile shit got me so down.
Brother was doing good in his life and still got murdered.
I mean I hate to think about but what does that mean for my friends? For me?
That could have been us easily.
Keep your head up. People can only take so much before change is forced whether the system likes it or not.

Centuries and centuries of this shit. The change is coming.

BlackJace

Latest shootings have me legit shook.
Dude getting shot for complying with a cop's orders.

"Give me your wallet!"
"WHY WERE YOU MAKING SUDDEN MOVEMENTS"

Are you fucking serious America

"Give me your wallet!"

Yup.

People's fathers, brothers, cousins, etc getting gunned down in the streets and their deaths are broadcasted on camera, their murder seen by the world, and not a single fucking thing comes out of it and plenty still defend the shits who murdered them.

There are still fucking cops/ex-cops who are still walking out in public after torturing people they jailed and it was recorded.

These niggas don't care. You can only hope that more people like the Minnesota governor are elected that can do something because you aren't getting it through most of the shitty ass police forces in this country or their annoying ass white knights.

Got to keep that in mind for Andromeda

"Give me your wallet!"

And people continue to make excuses for people who should be professionals. So striking seeing that other story about some dude brandishing a shotgun and actually firing at a cop and just being apprehended in comparison to a dude dying trying to show his wallet.

Malyse

Real talk, we ain't bout ta be down about this. I know we all are fucked up about this
(the 15 year old crying over his dad and the 4 year old comforting her mom got me in the heart)
but we gonna carry on, fam.

Let's shift the cycle.

Hypothetical: we having a BCT meet up and everyone is invited. Rule is, you have to bring three things and all of them have to be edible (Feenix you can't bring plates and say they for the horse). And no duplicates. You also get to pick one song to put on the stereo. So, what three food items are you gonna bring and what song will you play?

I'll start:

Food 1:

tender-veal-shank-tagine-succulent-marrow-vegetable-fricassee.jpg

Veal Shank Tajine

G2Kww1Q.jpg

Brisket Cheeseburgers

b177e74204569491d2405189_original.

And a Tiramisu for dessert.

I'ma take y'all back to 1995 with my track cause this is how we do it. LionPride, this is before your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom